Affectionately referred to as Sampas by locals, Sao Paulo is Brazil’s bustling cultural center. Boasting a population of over 17 million people, the city is truly one of the world’s great urban centers. With so much to do and see in this vibrant destination, travellers definitely need a plan to make sure that they experience as much of Sao Paulo as possible. The friendly staff at any one of our well-appointed Sao Paulo hotels is well-positioned to do just that, helping you make the most of your stay.
Until the 1950s, Sao Paulo was eclipsed by larger and more fashionable Rio. However, foreign auto companies like Volkswagen and GM changed the city’s prospects when they made it their South American headquarters. Since then, Sao Paulo has experienced continuous growth and development. Today, the city rivals New York and Paris in terms of its high-end boutiques, luxurious offerings, and beautiful people.
Begin your stay in Sao Paulo with a leisurely walk through Centro, a vibrant pedestrian area where you can haggle like a local in the market and sample some of the freshest fruit anywhere. In order to work up an appetite, next make your way to the top of the looming Banespa Building, where you will be rewarded with a panoramic view of the city. It is from the air that you can truly get a sense of Sao Paulo’s epic size.
Now that you are good and hungry, it’s time to go in search of lunch: the city is a gourmand’s heaven. Because immigrants play such a crucial role in the history of Sao Paulo, you can likely find whatever cuisine strikes your fancy. However, meat lovers will be devastated if they miss out on a visit to one of the many famed Churrascarias, or Brazilian bbq joints.
Your stay at one of our IHG hotels in Sao Paulo ensures that you’ll be able relax after a long day of touring the sites. Centrally located, all of our Sao Paulo hotels are designed to help you make the most of your time in this fascinating city. Book your room now—an amazing stay is just around the corner! + View More - View Less
A warm welcome awaits you the moment you enter InterContinental São Paulo. Our rooms, a home way from home, are defined by comfort and quality. LCD TVs, iDock stations and high speed Internet are standard features, as well as our exclusive Club Lounge, with continental breakfast and happy hour.
IHC São Paulo Hoteleira Ltda. | CNPJ: 09.604.474/0001-17
Located in the Santana district of São Paulo right next to the airport, this hotel provides both business and leisure travelers comfortable amenities, like the indoor pool, on-site dinning and the free shuttle service. All of São Paulo is near you, thanks to the easy access to the Tietê metro station.
Centrally located near the Financial District on Paulista Avenue, downtown and both the Base Aérea de Marte and Congonhas - Sao Paulo Airport, this hotel brings Sao Paulo to our guests' doorstep.
Feltre Administração Condominial e Hoteleira Ltda. | CNPJ: 06.278.374/0001-50
I'm a frequent traveller and this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at. There had been a problem with my booking, which the front desk clerk sorted out quickly and in a very professional manner.[More]
The room on the 13th floor was clean and had a nice view.
Some of the features I particularly liked:
1. The Wi-Fi was probably the best I've enjoyed in a hotel ever. Very fast and steady, could even be used for uploading photos and videos, which is what you want to do when you're abroad and want to share your experience with people back home. And it was free for IHG-members, very easy login process as well - no long, hopeless passwords to keep track of and no credit card hassle. I loved this!
2. All kinds of free toiletries, even for shaving and sowing. :)
3. Generous shower (no need to feel claustrophobic) clean, and with clean shower-shelves.
4. I like that this hotel also considers female guests, so the magnifying, big mirror and the good bathroom-light was a big plus.
5. There were PLENTY of power outlets, which is also a huge plus! Most hotels let guests search behind beds to find more than one power outlet for laptops, cellphones, cameras and everything else that needs to be charged. This was great, and in all the right locations in the room too.
6. Good selection in the mini bar, and the fridge.
7. Coffee machine available
8. Safe that fits a laptop and other larger objects, that was very easy to operate.
9. Very comfortable bed with a choice of pillows (feathers or foam, which is great for me, as I'm allergic to feathers)
10. Great breakfast buffet! And if you're hungry anytime during the day or late evening, you can get a snack, a sandwich, pizza or something smaller in the snackbar/restaurant in the lobby.
The check-in and checkout process was quick and easy and the staff was great.
I'm very pleased with this hotel and am happy to recommend it to anyone going to Sao Paulo. :) [Less]
Great value rooms in a great location for business and pleasure...backs onto a shopping courtyard and also many good restaurants a short walk.
Friendly staff and helpful when needed.
negative is the hotel taxis when used just the once are triple the cost of local taxis so would advise against this.