Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Melillo internet access/check out
Overall a very good experience as usual.
Two points to improve:
. interenet access in the room is sometimes weak (low signal)
. check out time in the morning was far too long, only one desk
was occupied while 10 people wanted to check out at 08:30 am
May 14, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0
by meuwtje067 Excellent Bar-Staff
We had a great stay in this hotel. Nice to give your car at the valet-parking so you don't have to do it yourself. Had some drinks in the bar. The bartender was perfect and also the items you get with your beer like nuts/olives/little sausages. Room was great and had all you desired. Great roomservice, we were hungry at night and had a perfact meatball/fries and salade. Breakfast was perfect. Next time Liege, Crown Plaza again...
May 12, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DanielD Marvelous stay and unique experience
Truly a 5-star quality and service, we had chosen for a suite and did not regret it : absolute comfort in an authentic environment , beautifully restored. The bar provided a special ambiance with its vaulted cellars while both restaurants even distract you from going to town... which is surely a must : the city of Liege is well known for its special festive nightlife !
We'll certainly return to enjoy a Jazz evening , a nice initiative every month. A special mention to the staff, not only multi-lingual but perfectly styled and extremely kind.
P.S don't forget to surprise your lady with a visit to the spa !
April 6, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Laure33 Superb buildings beautifully restored
The historical buildings of the hotel are superb and beautifully restored. The rooms are comfortable and very quiet. 2 small remarks:
1. the vegetables served with the "carré d'agneau" at the restaurant La Cocotte were ridiculously small a portion. Too bad because the dish as a whole was delicious
2. no cook to serve the eggs at breakfast before 7am when breakfast opens at 6:30am. That's not fair on the customers.
April 4, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JCR0509 Nice place
Very nice building, close to the town center. Pleasant and helpful staff.
March 23, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mond Very Impressive
I like the Atmosphere
Staff is helpful and friendly
room style is good
March 21, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 Impressive location, nice design, friendly service (except for wellness area) but a backlog of Maintenance of at least 3 years
My short description summarizes the stay in the Crown Plaza Liege very well. But let’s start from the beginning:
Arrival on Friday, had a very nice men at the reception who knew what he was doing, upgraded our room, explained the details, arranged re-access to the car which was parked by the “voiturier”. It was a very welcoming check-in, absolutely to keep that way.
Then we went to the room (Room 620), a very nice room, approximately 30 m2, with beautiful bath room and furniture.
As I have spent more than 200 nights in Hotels all over the world I might be quite picky on the rooms and the hygiene, and there is definitely room for improvement:
Remarks on the Room:
1. Get rid of hairs on the pillows that are not obviously mine
2. Check lamps, as there were not all working fine (the one at the bed was flickering)
Remarks on the Bathroom:
1. Make sure that the shower and the bath-tub are cleaned with special products, as the non-slip coating tends to pick up the dirt from everyone, and they were really dirty (as if someone walked in with street shoes)
2. Both seals of the shower heads were not put into place like ti should, so water went to all directions
3. The windows of the shower have not be cleaned as it should as you could see a lot of striped and wipes over it
For a 5-Star Hotel this is inacceptable
Next morning we went to the Breakfast. Very welcoming service. Nice people working in this hotel with a lot of potential.
I had the bacon, my girlfriend the omelet and I also had an egg. The timer for the Egg was yellow and dirty and sticky, you do not give such a thing to a guest. The omelet was very oily, my girlfriend did not eat it, the bacon was too…tell the cook, that you do not have to add oil to make bacon!
After a nice day of walking and shopping, we came back around 18.30 to the hotel with the idea of using the Osmose Wellness area.
This was the most shocking wellness experience I ever had in a 5 Star hotel. Even in Burkina Faso the wellness areas I have seen were cleaner, maintained and quiet. Here it was horrible for these reasons:
1. Wet towels in the preparation showers of the locker rooms that have not been taken away for the whole day as they for wet like the ground itself and the floor has not seen any cleaning for the whole day. Imagine the bacteria these towels concentrate
2. The Shower itself had brown seal around, black spots, the seals again broken (like in the room)
3. The ground in the wellness area such as around the pool had all kind of particles on the floor, it was slippery and wet all over the place, no hanging hooks for your towels, we had to lay them down on the chairs
4. The pool water (after a closer look, because the light of the pool was not working everywhere), had millions of particles swimming in it (looked like skin) so we immediately went out of the pool
5. The Hamm’am felt dirty, the ground was dirty, the seats felt like a layer of lime scale, we felt disgust
6. Went to the sauna to check maybe is better there, well at least there you know that temperature is so high, that bacteria should not survive, but also there the door was not closing well, so the sauna did not have the full temperature, and in fact the sauna was heating the pool area, which was anyway very cold
7. The showers at the Hamm’am and the Sauna had a devastated look. The wall was dissolving itself, the showerhead on the left was ripped off the wall, and the gypsum of the wall was on the ground.
8. The wellness area has rules such as being quiet and to respect the other guests, but with a bunch of young people in the whirlpool that were so loud, this experience was everything else then wellness.
9. I have seen many of those places, but this is the first where there is no one constantly checking or wiping the floor to make sure it looks nice all the time.
10. The person working at the front desk was not friendly at all, apparently she has nothing else to do as to discuss private things on the phone, then to say: Take the towels there, I let you in, that’s it…She could have shown us around, so maybe she would see in what shape the wellness area is.
To be honest, the most shocking was the particles in the water and the wet towels in the showers to avoid slipping.
The rest of the hotel:
Everywhere you can see, that the maintenance has run into a backlog and that nothing is really perfect if you look a little closer. And here just to name parts of them:
1. Chairs in the bar/smokers lounge are losing decoration cloth
2. Cracks in walls, lights not working, paper getting off the wall, metal plates of the lifts on the floor loose
3. Carpet not 100% clean
I would like to offer the GM of the Hotel to show him around for a complete Week-end and to make together with him a list of things that needs to be done, to make this hotel again a 5-Star worth hotel with a unique customer experience. Feel free to contact me
March 11, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Occitan34 Good confort with profesional staff
The hotel is fantastically located in a castle. My only negatice point is that there is not even one smoking room in the whole hotel which is to my opinion not aceptable for a 5 stars hotel. I will most probably will not come back because of this and the unpersonal ambiance.
March 6, 2013