Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jdpe7 The first floor accomadation was provided as requested.
The room was comfortable and quiet, considering the number of youth that were staying there at the time. I arrived ahead of my schedule and wanted to use the pool. However, the pool was closed, no explanation. Breakfast did not have the variety as expected. Perhaps we were to late, although it was only 0640.
May 21, 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by penn12 Bulldoze it
This property is so old and grimy that it is beyond renovation. I don't know where to start. I wouldn't touch the food. The "business center" is a non-functioning PC in a dark corner near a staircase. The shower curtain was on upside down. The place has a stench to it. The physical property is in disrepair. I went outside one morning to check the temperature and saw two people going through the dumpster near the pawn shop. That's the kind of neighborhood it is in.
May 16, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by woggintofinish friendly staff
We were running the Lincoln Marathon - the staff was very courteous and had the breakfast out early - we were allowed a late check out so we could shower after race....It was a great experience....
May 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TonyT6 Great place to stay.
My son has been going to UNL the last four years (we were there for his graduation) . I wish I had found this place four years ago. Service, breakfast and rooms were great. Best of all the location to the university was even better. I highly recommend this Holiday Inn Express..
May 10, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JBNB Bad Stay at HI Express
After reading all these negative reviews and the responses from the case managers, you would think something would be done about this hotel.
1. Bed matresses were the old type. Too hard. Not like the ones that are at other HI Express.
2. Had long wait to replace hot breakfast items.
3. Business center computer had virus and I could not arrange my next flight.
4. Receptionist was clueless about the computer and offered no assistance.
I stay at alot of HI Express and this is the worst.
Sorry for being honest but it's consistent with other reviews.
April 12, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by pete32 staff and pool condition
the night staff was terrible, lady at desk was either not trained well or just did not give a hoot about her job. i had to get on my i pad to get a room for another night as she kept telling me she could not get me in. others after i had checked in were left waiting at the counter for quite some time as she had left and would not anser the bell or call. my kids went to the pool only to find out it was loaded with ants and could not swim. she also did not tell us about the pool when we asked about what time it closed. another person walking by informed me about it. rooms were nice and comfortable day shift was very helpful it was just the night staff that i had trouble with. i wish i would have gotten her name because she was the major problem
March 13, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Bodidlie Review
Not impressed. Service was not up to par with my HIE experiences and I'm in them regularly.
March 4, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Glen1225 Not the Best Stay by Far
Ok, realizing that what I am about to say may seem insignificant to many who read this, perhaps you can take these all in as a whole. I don't normally write a critique for the purpose of complaining, but after 2 weeks at this location I felt it was justified in this instance.
1) Platinum status neither acknowledged nor room upgrade offered - I was there for 2 weeks with no fridge or microwave; it was an inconvenience to be sure. Was there no upgrade available? Fine, let me know when I check in and believe me, this paragraph would not have been included.
2) Breakfast items were not replenished in a timely manner - this was a daily occurrence. Either there was lack of planning or lack of concern over this matter because again; after 2 weeks it got old fast. At one point, I waited over 20 minutes for some of the hot food trays to be refilled. Frustrated, a co-worker walked through 6" of snow and 20deg temps to a McDonald's instead of waiting. 1 day over the weekend, an entirely different staffer seemed to get it right, but that was only 1 day out of 10.
3) My TV remote did not perform all functions as expected - when I mentioned this to the front desk, the maintenance man arrived with a 2nd remote and told me I would have to use them both since the 2nd one did some things the first remote did not and vice versa - this went on for 2 weeks. How is this acceptable? If there had been a follow up and a resolution at some point, I would have been satisfied but instead I was left to make do with what I was given.
4) No hot water after 8am - based on 2 specific times, perhaps not the norm
I mention all these things because, if I had to conclude one thing about this property, it would be that the owners were either clueless or not concerned about the customer's experience at this location and that it was reflected by the clumsy and inefficient actions of some of the staff. I did encounter staff that was efficient and effective on one-off situations, but I was overall displeased by the performance of several employees and its effect on my visit.
March 4, 2013