Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JustJess Friendliest & most accommodating staff
The staff at Holiday Inn Malacca are the most friendliest and accommodating. We were served chocolate cupcakes upon our arrival & allowed to extend our check-out time till 2pm. Overall, we had a great experience and we loved the pool facilities overlooking the Straits of Malacca. We also enjoyed the breakfast spread with fresh juices and lots of variety. Checking in & out was a breeze as well.
May 20, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Khim Convenience and great value
Reasonable price, great location with great services.
May 16, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by esanbh Great Service and friendly staff
On average, is a comfortable stay, the hotel staff and friendly and very helpful. Except that the wifi connection is very bad. It get cut off at very frequently and take a very long time to re-connect again. The housekeeping staff Ridzuan did a great job in keeping my room neat and tidy.
May 14, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jbc1982 good stay
+ good location for city walks. comfortable room. good view. good breakfast. good fitness facilities. friendly staff.
- price is a little high
May 12, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Gkhoo Not what it used to be...
I have been going to this Holiday Inn every year for quite a number of years now. I used to say that it was the best hotel in Melaka, but standards have dropped since, and I can no longer say that. It is also no longer the newest hotel in Melaka.
The age of the hotel is starting to show, and there is hotel maintenance being done. This is a very good thing on the part of the hotel, but they need to look into the service and housekeeping, as that determines the experience of the guests.
This was my experience on my last trip...
- I was given a room where the aircon duct was making a constant clicking noise. It affected my sleep, and at midnight, called the call center to get someone to check on it. After waiting for a period of time, no one turned up, so I called again. I asked the call center person if he had called anyone and he kept saying "I'll get the duty-manager to go to your room." The duty-manager called and asked if my neighbors were still making nose, and I told her that was not the issue (the call center person did not note properly what was the issue). I told her to come to my room, and she was outside, so I let her in. The duty manager was very prompt and responsive to the problem and changed us to another room.
- The alarm clock rang when the sky was still dark the next morning. Housekeeping did not turn off the alarm that the previous guest set when they made up the room. This disturbed our sleep, and worse, this is the 2nd time it had happen to me in my last 2 trips to this very hotel. The last time, I gave them feedback when I checked out, but it looks like the problem is still there.
- The bathroom of the new room assigned had 2 shoe prints on the bathroom floor. There were also no face towels.
- The next day, after housekeeping made up the room, the bathroom floor was not cleaned as the shoe prints were still there and hair on the floor. The bathroom floor towel was also not changed.
- The hotel channel on TV (channel 0) had a fault and it went on for 2 days and was not rectified when I checked out. This also affected the Vision Four channels, which did not work. Having it not function for 2 days surprised me as it showed that no one checked on whether the channels were working or not.
- Lastly, the hotel's lights on the side of the hotel now said "Holid Inn".
During checkout, the lady said that the duty-manager wanted to meet me and made me wait as she desperately was trying to locate the duty-manager to the front desk. When she asked me if the neighboring room was still noisy, I had to tell her again that the problem was not noise from the neighboring room (besides, I had already changed room). They had not updated what was erroneously keyed in by the call center person. I gave the feedback to the duty-manager, and all he could say was that he had noted the feedback and was sorry.
For a hotel chain like Holiday Inn, I would not expect such problems to happen. In all the hotels I have ever stayed, only at Holiday Inn Melaka was I awoken by an alarm that I did not set, not once, but twice on two different visits!
This hotel needs work, not just on the physical aspects, but on their service level, housekeeping, attention to details, etc.
May 11, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by steve6032 Regular To Hotel
I m a Priority Marriot Member and Holiday Inn Melaka has been my first choice the past years.
Issue is difficulty in getting room mostly during peak season where I m practically force to stay elsewhere .
Hotel in terms of location is great and bed is comfortable. Noted disappointment is the WIFI which should be complimentary for all even though I was extended complimentary this round thanks to your kind staff at the reception.
Gesture of offering complimentary drinks and cupcakes while checking in and out is unique and well appreciated.
Your hotel have a great front office team in Melaka.
May 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jojo68 Fabulous stay in Melaka
This was one of the best hotel stays we have experienced. We were incredibly looked after by the staff as they knew it was our wedding anniversary. Jamal in the restaurant was a stand out staff member. We had a memorable meal in the Italian restaurant. The pool area was also very relaxing looking out to the Malacca Straits. The breakfast buffet was lovely, with a wide variety of items to choose from. I think the staff were the hotel's best asset as they seemed very happy to be there.
May 2, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by NSR4U Good Hotel and great Service
This is a good hotel with great rooms (very comfortable bed). The breakfast was also good and the view from the room was pleasing.
May 2, 2013