Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 128
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by snoopy1585 Concierge Service is OUTSTANDING!!!
We stayed four nights at the Cairo Semramis and had a GREAT experience. I must say that because of the current political situation in Egypt, I was a little scared about how things would turn out to be. However, we had such a wonderful experience. The Concierge office made it so easy for us that I didn't have to worry about anything. I also want to mention the name of one of the Concierge staff members. His name is: Amr Alaa. He was AWESOME...OUTSTANDING!!! I don't have words to describe. If you plan on visiting Cairo, this is the place to stay. The staff at Cairo Semiramis will make sure you have a memorable experience. That's how I feel. Best vacation ever! Many thanks to Cairo Semiramis, the Concierge (specially Mr. Amr Alaa), and all the staff at the InterContinental Club Lounge for your excellent customer service. Thank you so much!!!
05 December 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by alfiet25 Home Sweet Home
I have been staying at Cairo Semiramis since 2002, Great Service, Hospitality and comfortable place to stay. Management and Staff are professionals and helpful. Wishing more success to Cairo Semiramis and Staff.
03 December 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by AhKhajah great services
Thank you for the excellent accommodation and services
02 December 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Doc_Holiday Much better than expected
We had 6 nights in cairo and it was a great experience to stay at Semiramis.
Very helpful and friendly staff.
for sure the hotel, especially the bathrooms are not very good maintained but the people working there are great.
i would go there definitely again.
Thanks a lot
30 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Asmara good reception of the operators
good availability 'and excellent communication operators, very pleased with the welcome of the implement Cristina.
Nice to' meet you
29 November 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ashraf76 Great Stay
Room Service Quality
Great Room View
24 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mtabaa Excellent position, friendly staff, and good value for price
The overall expeirience was very good and I am always favouring your hotel
24 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 Great view, Great location
I enjoyed the view of river Nile and Tahrir square.
23 November 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Don79 Excellent staff and location.
Hotel conveniently located... Had trouble sleeping due to all of the noise ...traffic... Etc... But well cairo is a noisy city so eventually u get used to it.. Any way I recomend it... Nice buffet and service...
20 November 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Adel2000 Very old furniture and dirty Bathrooms
Very old furniture and dirty Bathrooms with disaster old appliances
17 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Negm so coozy
everything is so good except the bathroom must be renovations with new accessories .
10 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Smufti good location needs to upgrade room quality
Use to be a wonderful experience staying with them.
still a good location but need to re fresh the rooms
09 November 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by wilesri Superb Hotel and great location
Overall an outstanding hotel experience. The service and Amenities were excellent and well above average. When traveling to Cairo in the future, I will be a regular.
09 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Moira1 Pool
I am an exercise fanatic and I wanted to raise the issue of the posting of the opening hours of the pool. The hotel directory stated that the pool was open from 9am until dusk, but there were frequently swimmers there after dusk and no-one turned them away. It looked to me as if there was a lifeguard on duty from 9am until dusk, and it was ok to swim outside those hours at your own risk. It would be more helpful to write an accurate statement of the opening hours.
I was also disappointed in the bathroom which needed upgrading. The bath was narrow and the hand rail was badly placed just alongside where the water spray reached to. I felt confined every time I had a shower and wished for more room in the shower. As well the bath drained extremely slowly.
07 November 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 100Wardeh Excellent Service
The minute you walk in, you are well recognized by the staff, the room was spacious. The bathroom was clean with All the amenities needed . The fruit basket with different kinds was waiting for us. The breakfast area with All type of food. What more can you ask for. When you visit ISG you never can go wrong.
I wish the staff and the management a good luck in maintaining such an excellent service.
06 November 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jerineemo Great hotel
We visited Cairo between the 17th and 28th of October 2014. I have been in the hotel before. We had a lovely time in every aspect. The staff were excellent particularly in the executive lounge specially Dalia, Raaft, Muhammed, Mervet and Hossam .
The driver, Adil, who picked up from the airport and back on our departure was a lovely gentleman.
01 November 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by BartL Dated Hotel, but overall Excellent Stay
Reading some of the past reviews, I was initially hesitant to book at this hotel, but decided to due to its perfect location. Upon entering the hotel, it was not clear where a Royal Ambassador should check in, but after about 10 minutes I found an employee that directed me to the 18th floor. There we were served magnificent fresh juices and welcomed to the hotel. I received an upgrade to my room due to my Royal Ambassador status, and it was to a king bed executive suite. This actually caused issues, as I was travelling with my wife and two daughters. The sofa bed was broken, and even if it had not been, the mattress on it was very thin. I took a quick trip to the Lounge for assistance. There, Violette met me and assured me that this could easily be taken care of and promised to send two beds to the suite. In less than the five minutes it took to return to my room, the beds were already arriving. A second thing I asked for during the Happy Hour at the club (who offered magnificent food, I might add) was if it was possible to receive a certain type of Egyptian Beer, Sakara Gold. The waiter said that it wasn't available, but let him make a phone call. 10 minutes later, they were delivered...and included as part of the club lounge happy hour. Overall I am very pleased with the efficient and excellent customer service that I received, and I especially commend Violette, who helped me twice, and ensured that our stay was comfortable! Excellent Job! I would have given 5 stars to all, but the hotel desperately needs to upgrade its showers and bathrooms. At a minimum, put in a curved shower curtain rod that keeps the curtain off of you during the shower in a small tub that was simply too small and uncomfortable.
31 October 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Eassa Great Experience
The Intercontinental Semiramis offers an excellent downtown location with a fantastic Nile view. Service is flawless and the room is spacious and comfortable. Limo service is plentiful and fairly affordable.
The restaurants available offer a wide variety of cuisines and the attached shopping center is varied and interesting. Flat-screen TV offers a wide variety of services from CNN to the BBC as well as many local Arabic satellite stations for those who want to get a local flavor.
The bed is extremely comfortable and the in-room mini bar is well stocked. Internet is now WiFi as well as wired Ethernet.
During my week stay I felt pampered with the staff offering constant help and soliciting feedback on the service and ways to improve it. The Semiramis is not a super luxury hotel but in my mind it is a superb experience and I would highly recommend it.
28 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mohdessa security and front desk
thanks for you hospitality in hotel for my vacation but we have some notes on the security in the hotel and that is they do not have any experience in dealing with customers or tactless manner courteous and they lack the style of customer service experience
And second observation on the front desk where they give false information about the hotel rooms to deceive the customer is not all some people in the desk
Special thanks to front desk Manager
27 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sameh29 egypt
very nice place 2 see the Nile ,the staff do the best 2 feel comfortable
very nice preakfast
22 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tariq21 Very comfortable hotel
Very nice room, facilities and location. Friendly staff and helpful.
17 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Hebasedeak Staff training
All the staff are very good
Except the reception staff
There is one called Michael I think he did not take any course regarding how to deal with guest and how to speake with them
16 October 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by ChrisinLuxor BAD EXPERIENCE
1. At check-in there must have been about 40 Guests all milling about in front of the Reception Desk. I asked the concierge what the queing system was for checking-in – apparently there was none! I was informed by a member of staff that at 2pm most days the situation was the same – too many guests checking out at the same time thus causing problems for those guests checking-in.
2. Having checked-in after 40minutes I am then told that the swimming pool is closed for the day due to a wedding taking place at the pool. There was nothing on the website when I made the booking to say that the pool would be closed.
3. I am then informed that the wedding will continue until 2am with loud music – which kept me (and I suspect many other guests) awake.
4. The safe in my room was not in working order when I checked into the room
5. The ‘Instant Messaging’ buttons on the telephones did not work on trying the telephone operator on the two to report the malfunction of the safe I was transferred to the main Reception. They did not answer the telephone (probably because they were busy with the 40 or so guests trying to check-in or check-out)
6. When using the automatic ‘wake-up call’ on the telephone the automatic voice when confirming the wake up time fails to indicate the hour of the wake up call – just the minutes – so I was worried that the automatic call would not work and therefore booked my wake up calls through the operator.
7. I booked a one hour massage which only lasted 40minutes – didn’t realise this until I was getting dressed and was putting on my watch. All the time I was receiving the massage there were guests on the loungers, chatting in loud voices , just the other side of the curtain which separated the massage cubicle from the main rest area – so the massage was not very ‘relaxing’.
8. On my second day when the pool was open the pool guys were attentive (only 3 guests and 4 children at the pool)but it took nearly 15 minutes for a black coffee with milk on the side to arrive and it was so weak – I am sure the milk was stronger – it cost £3.50.
9. Twice the room key was blocked and I had to return to Reception to get it unblocked
10. The shower head in the bathroom was ‘floppy’ so I had to stand right next to the taps for a shower. The bath was so narrow that when standing in the shower my body was against the grab rails on one side and the wet shower curtain on the other – and I am average build.
11. Service in the Club Lounge was rather slow
12. I did raise some of these issues with the Duty Manager who tried his best to make my stay enjoyable by upgrading my room. However the closure of the pool, loud music at night and telephone system did not make my stay enjoyable.
13. The Hotels meet and greet service at Cairo Airport was excellent.
14. The rooms were well furnished and the standard of cleanliness was excellent.
14 October 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by H.M. Said Great location and services, friendly staff
The hotel located in heart of cairo , nile side, near souq.
07 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Barb1234 Good Visit
Overall, very good. The food was not particularly to my taste, e/g/, steaks, lobster and seafood expensive. Local food okay if you like it.
The bathtub in the bathroom was too narrow and too high. I did not enjoy the bathroom facilities. it was clean but awkward to move about and inconvenient.
View from balcony excellent of the Nile.
Overall nice hotel.
07 October 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hashim49 Great services and very nice staff
The Hotel is very comfortable and the staff was very nice. The room was clean and well managed. There was good service for Sahour during Ramadan during the early hours in the morning. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Location is excellent.
06 October 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Janmars Excellent hotel in Cairo
Really great hotel in Cairo! Great food, rooms and staff - superb pool area - perfect business hotel in the heart of Cairo. Not much else to say, top notch!
06 October 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Khadr A Nice stay
from the very beginning I decided to extend my stay and everything went ok except when asking to be transferred to another room for better view it took they confirmed that I'll be moving second day so I kept my luggage as is and second day I was the one who kept asking about when to transfer, received several timing which was never fulfilled and no one bothers himself to update me of what's going on, until finally a gentleman (a manager I think) interfered and solved it.
30 September 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by coulou clean comfortable bed and great friendly staff
had a great comfortable stay and very clean and happy.. although the shower was very small and uncomfortable
24 September 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Hossam Unsatisfied
no attention to complaints
no appreciation for Platinum Ambassador members
13 September 2014