Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 131
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SCSM The place to stay in Cannes
This hotel is the center of attention in Cannes. We could not help but notice everyone walking by the hotel had to stop and take pictures. Our room was ready when we arrived. As a Platinum Ambassador we were upgraded to a room with a small balcony and a partial view of the Mediterranean, we found our welcome fruit and water and a pleasant surprise of a cake with a Happy Anniversary message on it (in French of course). The front desk and concierge staff were always available and helpful with any request or question we had. We were there during a bit of a heat wave and are used to sleeping in a cool room. I called to ask if they had a portable fan for us and within 10 minutes someone delivered one to our room. The staff at the beach, especially Michael and Oliver, was very accommodating with chairs, towels, and changing rooms. We went to the beach three days and they remembered our names each time we came. Thierry was taking care of us the day we spent on the pier and was there for anything we needed all day long. There were plenty of great restaurants all within a short walk of the hotel. We hope to have the opportunity to go back to Cannes and would not think of staying anywhere else.
27 July 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mike172 Disappointing stay
• Whilst checking in, the trainee receptionist took my Ambassador card and then proceeded to answer the phone without even saying “excuse me”. I expect the reception staff to pay attention to the customer they are serving. This was my first impression of the hotel and it didn’t set things off to a good start.
• When I arrived at the room I found that the welcome screen on the television said “Mr and Mrs”. The reservation was only ever under my name and the receptionist had written down my partners name when we checked in so it should be obvious that he is not a Mrs. This mistake happened again, even though I asked it to be changed.
• My card had been fully charged instead of pre-authorised. Reception manager was very helpful and apologetic, however perhaps the mistake wouldn’t have happened if the receptionist had been paying attention.
• For an Intercontinental, my ‘superior’ room was quite small. The bathroom was badly lit and cramped. The shower leaked above the bath. The TV was small and whilst watching a movie the picture was often fuzzy and subtitles were hard to read.
• I called to reserve sun loungers on the pier only to find that hotel guests did not have priority and that I wouldn’t get a reservation until the end of August!
• On Saturday night we had a drink in the hotel bar, it was about 10pm and we were the only guests. The bar staff were not attentive and even changed the TV channel to suit themselves despite the fact that we were watching the television.
• On Sunday morning at 1am someone (presumably, a guest) was playing the piano in the lobby at the bottom of the staircase. When I called to complain, I was initially told there wasn’t even a piano in the hotel. I didn't sleep well, there was too much noise outstide the room.
• I expected the south of France to be expensive but I think this hotel takes it to another level because it knows it can get away with it. Cocktails were 24 euros each, about £20.
• There were a couple of positives. I would like to recognise Ludovic who served us when we had drinks on the terrace. He was very friendly, made us feel welcome and seemed genuinely interested. Also, Delphine, at reception who seemed genuinely sorry to hear about our experience when we checked out and gave us a book about the history of the hotel to apologise.
25 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Happy Ambassador My Favorite Intercontinental property
A beautiful property with an incredible team.
This vacation surpassed all my expectations, the history and warm feeling of the beautiful Carton Canne was matched by the superb caring and knowledgeable people that create a welcoming atmosphere.
I was traveling alone,yet i was never lonely. I felt safe and cared for.
My room was classic to the beautiful style and feeling of this property that is steeped in history.
My housekeeper Dominica was terrific,
I also want to Thank Raphael along with the whole team that made sure being an "Ambassador" is special
Everyone in the Terrace restaurant was professional yet caring . The cuisine delicious
I enjoyed six fabulous days
I will return often
24 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 we will be back again
this was our 4th stay at the Hotel and it is always the highlight of our vacation. We plan to come back again next year to celebrate my wife's 60 th birthday, no better place to celebrate!
23 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Extraordinary hotel at wonderful location
A stay at Intercontintal Carlton in Cannes is a wonderful occasion. We are there two to three times a year and are enjoying ourselves every time. We start with a quick walk on the Croisette and then head "home" to a great breakfast. Then we start our day either working or with some excursion. Hotel staff are so well trained and nice and we love to enjoy a glass of champagne on the patio after dinner watching all the people,
22 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jofri Excellent staff and service
Stayed for third time in Carlton Cannes and again we were very satisfied with our stay. The main strength of this hotel is its staff which overall provides a very high and satisfactory level of service due to a generally very kind, helpful, efficient and competent staff and not the least due to well trained and sufficient staff resources. This comes with a price as especially as some of the food and drink prices are at the high end. The hotel is in need of some renovation and updating in some areas. Therefore we are looking very much forward to experience the result of the implementation of the planned work in these areas in the near future.
22 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kari and Mads Fantastic Hotel with a soul
Fantastic service, food and dreamexperience!!
The beachservice was very good with staff running in the hot sand!!
21 July 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Kari and Mads Fantastic experiance
Allways kind staff and fantastik service!! We love it. We stay at many hotels in the worlds but always come back at the Carlton in Canne because they remember you and take care of you and Your every need.!!
19 July 2014