Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 77
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ANGELICANNES Very nice stay at Carlton Cannes
We spent a really very pleasant stay at the Intercontinental CARLTON hOTEL . It was absolutly not the firts time, but it was beautiful, as always .
02 January 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Fabwallace Great experience but...
Everything was memorable, apart from a few things. The breakfast, to begin with: Up to 20 min waiting (in line!!) and when we were seated, the waiters were taking away the food & beverages because it was time for them to set the room for lunch. We also witnessed a few times waiters and waitresses arguing out loud close to us. Unbelievable for such a hotel! Our rooms were a bit noisy too, we could hear our neighbor's bathroom quite perfectly and their conversation too.
The internet is 7€/hour and 24€/day. Hard to believe but true! Every lousy hotel will give to you for free but not this palace!
BUT the experience remains outstandingly good, the staff polite and helpful, the situation perfect, you can really feel how prestigious it is to stay at the Carlton. Room perfectly clean, a bit old maybe but it is part of the charm, nice view (we had sea front rooms on the 5th floor). I will definitely come back if I have the occasion!
02 January 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by everest Great Hotel
We enjoyed our stay. The room was well equiped. The breakfast was very fine.
29 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TheCharmedVoyager Charmed time at the Carlton Cannes
I've enjoyed a lot my stay at the hotel. The special selection of juices at the breakfast was delicious and all the rest as well.
10 December 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by momfm ILTM
I very much apprechiat that you have to make money we all do but having a room overlooking and more so over hearing he dumpster is painful. Staff regularely dumpted empty bottles till very late and it is like that happens next to your bed.
We asked laundry to be folded and it got delivered on hanger when mentioning it to FO i was questioned if i really did mention to have it send folded, no apology, no offer to fix it. It made me feel like it was my fault.
The AC did not work, only HOT horrible.
The bed much too soft for me but this is my preference.
08 December 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JuanB Brilliant!
Carlton is the royalty of 5* hotels. They have long forgotten what others still have to learn. Everything was perfect and we loved our stay. Will definitely return.
05 December 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 4Globetrotter Off Season at the Carlton
It's true that the decor is shabby chic, but this is a 100 year old hotel and very quaint, clean and comfortable. We passed entirely on the 41 euro buffet breakfast. The fitness center offered tread mills, elliptical and a weight center. The hotel is within close walking distance of the main shopping street and train station. As IHG platinum club members, we were upgraded at check-in in spite of reviews to the contrary. We used IHG priority club points for a three night stay but also paid down the total points required resulting in a reasonable nightly rate. Visiting during the off-season probably worked to our advantage and afforded us the opportunity to apply for ambassador status for which we got an additional room upgrade and we enjoyed a room with a seaside view. The location and staff are excellent.
29 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SO67 great location and comfortable bed/room
great location in front of the sea. Comfortable room and bed. Complete and various breakfast.
25 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Enisarchitect Room with a view
I m staying twice a year. It was nice and confortable. It is nice to know same receptionist or consierge to answer your requests.
18 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TheAxe Excellent experience!
I have stayed at hotels all around the world, but so far my stay at the InterContinental Carlton Cannes has been the best ever. The hotel has a magnificent location in a beautiful city and the room I stayed in was superb, especially for the price. But most of all I would like to compliment the lovely lady who served me when I checked into the hotel and when I checked out. I wish I could recall her name. I hope that management at the hotel read this review, and determine who served me when I checked in and compliment her on the best customer service I have ever received anywhere in the world.
My native language is English, but I prefer to practice my French while in France. I chose to use French when speaking to the lady behind the counter. She spoke to me slowly, clearly and she assisted me. It was a pure delight to be served by somebody with such a fantastic attitude to customer service. She should be rewarded for her excellent customer service ethic.
16 November 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Very good hotel
I travel all over the world for my business. This time was for leisure and to run the Marathon of Nice Cannes. It was really a very good service and support for all runners present at this hotel.
Room was nice and clean.
14 November 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Hasse007 The bad and the good
note: i will recommend if the cons are solved!
normally i do not write many reviews. but this one i specific want. as i expected big from this hotel in Cannes.
Maybe only movie stars in Cannes get service?
- very good quality of food (but overpriced see below - and compared to Dubai IC it was all but good", location of hotel prefect.
- rooms (at least ones we got upgrared to which was royal ambassador should be prefect upgrades) old, worn, need renovation especially the carpet!
- staff was "helpfull", but not professional. like they worked there to long and did not want to. car was ouside, 5 staff members staying just there, asked one for the keys, said something to another and nothing happens!
- very loud, one can hear people in next room speaking. there was further party somewhere close to lobby, 3 levels up we could here the music LOUD. very bad.
- breakfast is overpriced at 41 euro p/breakfast. even kid of 11 got charged 41 euro, eat only 1 bread and a milk. kid of 8 was charged one of two breakfast, at checkout one was removed.
- at checkout was charged 75 euro internet, which was never used on 1 of the 2 rooms. all family used the free internet option and only myself (as elite member) used the fixed. had to explain triple time that it was not to be charged.
i guess that's all the major.
28 October 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by NicolasR Deeply desappointed, again.
Last year during Tax Free my experience was close to a nightmare.
A room so small I never could imagine I could ever found in a five star / palace; with a awful view on the trashes and I don't even want to know what; no electrical plugs working; etc...
This year, after having reminded to the clerk my last year comments made while checking out (thought it would be kept in my history...), I have been proposed another room, the new style one.
Better in terms of design and decoration, but still far from the level of the competition worldwide. Details where far from perfect.
And this year, service was very very poor, to the exception of the clerks at the check-in desk. Worst most probably at the restaurant.
To the exception of maybe one young waitress, this was close to unacceptable. And price: 41€ for a buffet, for that price you expect at least a minimum of education and respect, and service...
Prices as well for wifi are outrageous.
I believe it had been my last stay at the Carlton in Cannes, and I will recommend to no one, for business or leasure.
28 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Sarahmagpies I love the Carlton hotel!
Imagine waking up and looking out of your window to see the pre-dawn twinkly lights in the harbor and the promise of another perfect day in Cannes. The Carlton is every bit as breathtaking and as exciting as you imagine it to be.......class, style, opulence and the romance of the south of France at any time of the year. I will count down the minutes until I am back in your arms again my Carlton hotel.
21 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by scsbw Generous taken into care
In all aspects a generous taken care of. A marvellous breakfast buffet with newly harvested fruits (september 2013). A cheese dish also for breakfast. My folding bike was taken care of in the same excellent manner and delivered precisely as all the Ferraris and Bugattis. The check in staff were well prepared and knew that all was prepaid and pointed out that I was a member of IHG and subsequently should have points for my stay. Generousity at check out. A good table for breakfast every morning (see photo).
21 October 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Yezdi Rooms need to be renovated. In run down state
Rooms not upgraded. Need to be redone. But overall hotel is good
20 October 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Jake19 great name
Great hotel, nice location, but rooms need remodeling
12 October 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 poor welcome
queen size required , 2 small beds joined. wrong informations at arrival , poor welcome at departure , noises from others rooms and clients, large congress in the hall broken the atmosfear waited in this type of hotel . not a nightmare but not on line with our ideas and hopes . disapointed . very.
09 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jany1454 The best Intercontinental I ever stayed
The Carlton Cannes was the best Interconti I ever stayed (on the same level like Willard, Washington and Le Grand, Paris, also the new one in Marseille..... Maybe a little bit above of all the Intercontinental). Great staff, very helpful, open, always positive and true smile in the Face. I Love it, will come back for sure. A memorable stay, good Point to visit St. Trop, Antibes, Nice, Monacco.... And always a pleasure to come "home" in the evening
06 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by zigi Chic and traditional
Stayed 6 nights end of september, superior room lateral sea view then executive front sea view. Best location, beautiful lobby, superior room about 35-40 sqm, classic decor, very confortable beds, nice bathroom. Rooms would however needs a refreshing.
Pros: very nice staff, best location, excellent breakfast with incredible bottled juices, 6th floor w balcony sea view.
Cons: internet for a fee, expensive extras, not the latest technology in the rooms, hotel's beach also for a fee (same price as non hotel guests, no swimming pool)
05 October 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 Disappointing experience
I am a world traveller and habitually stay in top hotels. I lived in Cannes for 20 years and always thought how lovely it would be to stay at The Carlton so when I came back as a visitor I was excited to fulfil a long-time dream and stay in this beautiful and very famous hotel.
When I arrived at the hotel (1.30) my room was not ready. I was going to a very big wedding and needed to unpack, iron my outfit, shower, make up and be downstairs by 3.15 for private transport to the wedding.
Reception suggested I go to the restaurant and have lunch while waiting - which I did. However my room was not ready until just after 2.30 and when I got to it, the carpet was being cleaned with powder and vacuum. So I did not have free occupancy of the room until 2.40. The trash cans had not been emptied and I won't tell you what was in the bathroom one! But something definitely not nice.
The Kleenex box in the bathroom was empty. More time lost getting tissues brought to the room!
Consequently I had absolutely no time to shower before the wedding and only time to press my outfit very quickly and dress and make up in haste. I left feeling less than perfect.
The reception staff were only just okay - they were arrogantly polite but not particularly helpful about solving my problem.
Also - I think that I had 2 twin beds pushed together but the duvet was too small and did not reach across the entire width of the bed. Unfortunately the uncovered side was the side I wanted to sleep on! One does not expect this of The Carlton.
The other 'disagreement' was the addition to my bill of valet service of €40 for taking the rental car which in fact I could have easily left in the side street beside the hotel. This was not about the money but the principle - we are in what is probably one of the world's most expensive hotels.
Also when I left, the valet brought me the wrong car and I had to wait a very long time for him to come back with the right one (probably more than 30 minutes in total to get my car). I only just made it to the airport on time.
All-in-all I was very disappointed with my stay at The Carlton. Very. I wish it had been different. Antoniasclark.
01 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RRM7 Unparalleled experience
To stay at the Carlton in Cannes is always something very unique, Everywhere there speaks about its fabulous past . The staff is attentive and very kind, rooms are warm, classy and quite spacious. Always choose one that has the sea view. I have become a fan of this hotel. I went once and now, it has become a must.
15 September 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by juscogens Nice experience
Location is so good. Old but impressive hotel. I recommend.
09 September 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by max1011 Great Staff - very old hotel
We had a short stay at the Carlton Cannes - three instead of planed seven days. As a Royal Ambassador I got a nice upgrade to a suite - city view, and free mini bar. All good so far. Unfortunately, the rooms and the whole hotel are super old and in very bad shape. The staff was very nice and knowledable. Value wise it was a desaster - even the breakfast € 42,- per person is well below average.
Very nice on the other hand is the location of the hotel - right on the Croisette of Cannes.
All in all I would or will not go there again, since there a better hotels to stay at Cote D'Azur value wise.
07 September 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by YYZDDS Love this hotel , but..........
I have and will be a long time client of this hotel. The location and service are excellent .
The rooms, however to not reflect the stature of the hotel. There is a dire need for a renovation, which seems to have been put on hold.
Regardless, I still love this hotel and will continue to return.
04 September 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tobias77 Memorable stay with incidents
We stayed at the Intercontinental Carlton from August 1-5, 2013. It was a nice stay despite some “interesting” events.
Preamble: We stayed 4 nights on points, i.e. reward nights (IHG’s Priority Club program), so we didn’t pay for the accommodation. I therefore can’t comment negatively on the “value” category. It’s also relevant to note that I have “Platinum Royal Ambassador” status at Intercontinental, which is the highest and requires 50+ nights/year at Intercontinental hotels.
• As you will probably know, the hotel is located on a perfect spot right in the middle of La Croisette.
• Our check-in experience was excellent. The woman was very nice and friendly. She also escorted us to our room/suite and showed us around.
• Given the RA status, we were upgraded to a large and very nice suite with sea view. Although you could see that it was not brand new (e.g. some cracks in the sink had been fixed), it was very well renovated. The suite had some whims (e.g., a really tiny second restroom and no leakproof shower curtain), but like certain weird characteristics of an old lady, these things were fully accepted by us, giving our stay a less “industrial” but individual touch.
• On the first evening, when we were looking outside the window and enjoying the beautiful view, a pair of sunglasses fell down, right onto the roof of the restaurant. After we had asked for help, it took less than 10 minutes for the technician to climb from our window to this roof and get the sunglasses for us. This was really great service (hopefully also memorable for the technician, whose stunt was observed frenetically by the Croisette's crowd).
• The room service/housekeeping did a very good job and was very friendly.
• Beds and climate control were excellent. We were positively surprised that the windows were very well insulated, so we didn’t hear the loud Croisette during the night.
• A couple of days before our stay, we watched the old Hitchcock movie “To Catch a Thief”, with Grace Kelly and Cary Grant. This movie plays at the Carlton. In order to get some memorable pictures, we went to the hallway where the “Grace Kelly” and “Cary Grant” suites are located and – quietly – took pictures with us next to the suites’ “name tags” (on the hallway). After 2-3 minutes, we were approached by a security staff who strongly urged us to stop taking pictures within the hotel (“Pas de photos! Pas de photos! Pas de photos!”). Fortunately, shortly before we were expulsed from the hotel, we could convince him that we were “clients”. I have never experienced this at any hotel, worldwide, and I can only explain this “nervousness” with the fact that a couple of days before, jewelry worth more than €100m (yes, €100.000.000) had been robbed from the hotel.
• During our check-in, the check-in supervisor said that – despite my Royal Ambassador status, which always includes a free mini bar – the mini bar would not be free for us, because we were staying on reward nights. This has never been the case at other IHG hotels, even at hotels of the same tier. We weren’t planning on getting drunk every day anyway, the minibar’s content wasn’t as exclusive as I had expected, and we could also have afforded some Cokes ourselves, but this gave us the impression that we and our points weren’t really welcome at the Carlton. This was particularly disappointing because before our stay, I had received an email from the “Attachée de Direction” stating “Rest assured that you will received all your benefits as a loyal royal ambassador member even if you stay on reward nights.” However, given our nice room upgrade, we were still satisfied with the overall RA package.
• We wanted to rent a small boat (for up to 5 persons, without license/“sans permis”) and asked the concierge for help. He didn’t appear very knowledgeable on this topic, and couldn’t give us the name a local lessor. However, it took us 5 minutes on Google to find one. Maybe the concierge normally serves only people with much large boat requests, who knows.
The hotel is a really landmark in Cannes. We enjoyed our stay. We will likely stay here again, should we return to Cannes.
29 August 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 the worst summer in carlton !
i always stay in Carlton in the summer,
but this summer was very very bad service ! infact i checked three days earlier, due to the bad service and making me feel very unhappy, i have spoke to onw of their managers about it, his name is Fredrik.
27 August 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Apolon17 A very old hotel with snobby people but some members of staff were great
I have never heard about this hotel before so I did not really know what to expect. Maybe if I googled it before choosing it as the one to stay at during my holiday I would not be so surprised at the dirty bathrooms, old furniture, horrible views and snobby, rude people all around me.
The food was so-so, I really do not know why on Earth French cuisine is so famous around the world - to me filling a huge bowl with salad and then pouring a good half of some cheap French dressing bottle on top is NOT GOOD FOOD. Spaghetti Napoletana at the so-called Celebrities Bar was quite good, though... Thanks to those who created the menu that at least some normal food (big thanks to Italian traditional simple but yummy cooking) was included into that menu which was all filled with signatories of famous directors and actors, which I really DO NOT CARE ABOUT. I wish I could see names of some more decent dishes fill those valuable spaces of paper instead.
The beach was TOO CROWDED. No space whatsoever, even though the waiters were quite helpful. If you are an ordinary person with the necessary money YOU WILL NEVER GET A PLACE ON THE PIER OR AT THE FRONT LINE even if you book six days in advance, as I was very politely told by the beach manager at the beginning of my stay. "There are families who come here every year for a good 30 years long period". So I am not someone who should be treated the same way simply because I am not one of those freaky people who would come to this old, crowded and stuffy hotel every year spending a lot of money. I was later told by some Russian-speaking tourist who was staying at the Carlton hotel as well, that equal treatment costs a 100 euro tip to those guys at the beach who allocate places and lounges. Well done, guys - you seem to be fulfilling the most famous of the French constitutional foundations. Equality seems be far away from being easily available to everyone. Well... I am not the one to judge of course... je suis tres tres desolee.
The only good thing which I found worth commenting positively on was some staff in the Carlton restaurant - some waiters were very nice and did not mind the fact that we did not belong to the elite club of I-come-with-my-family-every-year-for-almost-30-years people. The Russian-speaking receptionist named Olga (a trainee from Moscow) was the only reason why for at least the short moments I spent in that hotel I was enjoying my stay. She was very polite, always available to help, very positive and indeed a true hospitality queen.
Overall though, Cannes is overrated, so is Carlton, so is the dirty, over-crowded Croisette and so is the complex French food however gourmet it might seem to some people.
25 August 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Thamerss Very Bad
not worth the value spent. very old furniture. very noisy.
20 August 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Elrahal Very Disappointing
I stayed one night using rewards points, and was told at check in that since my stay was using rewards points, none of the membership privileges (I am a Royal Ambassador) apply. So no upgrade, no mini bar, no newspaper, nothing.... Very disappointing and very surprising since i had just spent 5 rewards nights at another intercontinental and all the privileges applied.
18 August 2013