Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 1380
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ARCHANGELMD Perfect business trip
1. Check in was quick with excellent instructions on coupon use and WiFi connection. Friendly and genuine welcome.
2. Room was very spacious and well decorated/appointed. Very clean including the bathroom. I did not see any hairs from the previous occupants in the sink, tub, shower curtain, or in the corners of the bathroom.
3. Housekeeping with perfect in leaving me alone (only there two nights. I did not need any services).
4. Quick elevators, quite hallways, and great access to the hotel itself.
5. Easy check out had me on my way in less than one minute.
I hated leaving Chicago as it is my favorite city. Hopefully I may return soon.
July 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ARCHANGELMD No hassle perfection
1. Quick simple check in with staff who greeted me and subsequently acknowledged my IHG status with gratitude. Instructions on coupon use (unexpected and appreciated!) and WiFi access were complete.
2. Room was perfectly clean at a nice temperature when I entered. Well decorated with perfect toiletries.
3. Housekeeping was friendly and understood that I was only there for 2 nights and I did not want any housekeeping until I checked out.
4. Checkout was easy. I always check out in person to make sure all needs are addressed. This took less than 1 minute.
5. Room was MUCH larger than expected and I loved it.
I hated leaving Chicago/ICH Mag Mile as this area is one of my favorite spots on Earth.
July 4, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jnoon Hotel Experience
Spent a girly weekend at the Intercontinental the weekend of June 26. We had a wonderful time. The only issue was the situation with the elevator service. As we tried to find an alternative route to the 10th floor we were told to go to the oposite tower go up to the 9th floor and walk up a flight. We tried that senerio but got terribly lost. We were so frustrated and tired after spending a full day sightseeing. Then, out of nowhere appeared Roland (Ronald ?) your night bellman who personally escorted us to our guestrooms apologizing so sincerely for the inconvenience we were experiencing.
I am retired from a rather large hotel chain and customer service was and still is the main priority of our employees. I wanted to let you know how fortunate you are to have him in your employ.
We will return, your property is beautiful and we enjoyed our time in Chicago so much. What a great city.
July 3, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Mikeyg36 Elevators were a nightmare
when I stay at a hotel, I should not have to wait 45 min for a elevator to take me to my room.
July 3, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ezamora Nice Hotel
Great location in Chicago, close to attractions, shopping and restaurants! The pool is amazing.
July 2, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Ninny45 The Best in Downtown Chicago !
My wife and I have been coming to Chicago every year since 2002 and for the past 10 years we've been staying at this great hotel.
We love the location, the staff, the Concierge, the restaurants, our room, they make us feel so welcome...we highly recommend it to anyone who wants the best on the Magnificent Mile !
July 1, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by jhjun69 Nice Place
This stay at IC Chicago is due to my daughter's campus tour. The hotel is very good and the staff's service is also excellent.
The only thing I want to mention is the umbrella service. When we stayed, it was rainy. Thus, we requested the umbrella for our family (4-person). But, I was told that just one was available. As a result, my husband did not use the umbrella.
I hope that this problem could be corrected.
Anyway, We really enjoyed the stay at this hotel.
July 1, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by APBMom "Magnificent City Views" No view
I booked a room at the Intercontinental Hotel on Michigan Ave, Chicago. The room was a Premier Double Beds Historic Tower. It was described as "Extremely Spacious Guestrooms Featuring Magnificent City View"
I am a Platinum Ambassador which entitles me to a free upgrade. I have stayed at this property many times and have always loved the rooms and the view, especially since the rooms in the Historic Tower have been renovated.
When I got to the room I was so disappointed the windows over looked a stone wall with no view. The windows were so insignificant that the TV was placed directly in front of one of them.
I went down to the front desk to see if there was another room. I was told that it was a larger room and was indeed an upgrade (i have stayed at this hotel many times and it was not a larger room) Perhaps the long narrow hallway that led from the door to the room is counted in the square feet, but it does not affect the size of the room.
There was no other room available, and the woman at the front desk was very nice and offered me points and a free movie(but Ambassador members already get a free in room movie, so that meant nothing).
This had been my favorite property in downtown Chicago. I am in Chicago quite frequently as both my daughters live there. We were looking forward to a special weekend downtown, but the Intercontinental really let us down.
June 30, 2015