Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 773
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Samanthalgreen Great staff and quality services
The staff was very helpful with everything that we needed and very accommodating. The rooms were clean and comfortable and it was a great stay. Would definitely stay again.
August 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DCtraveler2002 swell night
Stayed on a Friday night. Great band playing in the lounge. Wonderful pool that is up to 6 feet deep and has good hours. Would stay here again.
August 26, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JDub11111 This is a "tired" hotel
I've never understood why locals think so highly of this hotel since most have never stayed here. The last time I was a guest was about 8 years ago while attending a meeting. The stay was average. This past weekend I was a guest again for a meeting and the stay was fair/poor.
1. AC did not work when we arrive. A technician got it working but did not fix the problem.
2. Our keys didn't work the entire 3 days of our stay. We were told it wasn't the keys but batteries that needed to be replaced in the door lock. After asking each day for the batteries o be replaced they finally were...literally 10 minutes before we checked out.
3. Food trays accumulated in the hall outside our room for a day and a half before being removed.
4. A hand towel in the room was so worn and frayed I would use it to clean my car.
5. A vacuum cleaner sate next to our door for several days.
6. I stay in hotels for work nearly every week. This is the only one that has a door tag saying clean my room. Ours went without housekeeping one day until we looked closer to the tag.
Our stay was filled with what seemed to be non-stop annoyances.
August 25, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by college dad69 Great time!
We had a great time! The conference area was excellent. Very clean and comfortable room. Great proximity to the Country Club Plaza that we never took our car out of the parking lot!
August 22, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JasonLisa17 Terrible service at Intercontinental Hotel In Kansas City
Have never stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in Kansas City prior to our visit on 8-14 through 8-16. VERY POOR SERVICE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE STAY from no housekeeping to a maintenance problem at 1030 at night, thusly resulting in having to move our own things from one floor to another so they could 'accommodate us' with another bed to sleep in.
HIGHLY LIKELY TO NOT RETURN!!!
August 21, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Brian & Tiekka 40th Anniversary
We spent our honeymoon at Alameda Plaza which is now InterContinental. When we checked in we told the Desk Clerk this. A while later a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered to our room from the hotel. Our room was large and beautiful, the bed was great. We could see the entire Plaza. That night they had a band and we danced all night. What a great place to stay.
August 20, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by kkjewell Wonderful place to stay, great evenings
This is a lovely remodeled established hotel on the edge of the Country Club Plaza with a great variety of Jazz every evening we were there. They offered complementary coffee in the lobby every morning, which was perfect for us because we are not breakfast eaters. We couldn't have been happier. Valet parking was exceptional. They recognized us anytime we were coming or going and would run to get our car if we hadn't already called down for it. The only unexpected glitch was the cost of breakfast on the morning we were leaving. We wanted a little, but the only option was the Sunday Brunch. It was very pricey for the fruit and coffee that I ate. I wish they had offered a menu option, but they didn't.
August 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DRTL Staff
Very knowledgeable and friendly.
We always felt they were concerned with our comfort.
August 19, 2015