Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 99
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RAFAELITO Wonderful hotel, room and location
Everything ok the staff is competent and kindly but one time they just call us back and did'nt.
03 October 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jazzdownunder Fabulous Property
A wonderful addition to the Intercontinental family. Absolutely beautiful property in the best location. Room, hotel facilities and staff all first class. Highly recommend a visit to this City - it's highly underestimated!
23 September 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by RoaylAmbassador Great Stay, Great Weekend
Was a great experience in Marseille and surrounding like Cassis and Provence, topped by that great Hotel.
Great view from the room over Harbour and Mountain
17 September 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MrMrsP Elegant decor, comfortable bed
Enjoyed the harbour views, swimming pool a little chilly but overall a very elegant hotel
10 September 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KhaledTN Marseille Escape
Great location, one of the the best IC hotel experience.
03 September 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jowilh Impressive Clasic Building
Exellent stay in a beautifully restorated clasic building with outstanding upreclass service by the staff of the hotel.
The surroundings of the hotel, the impressive old town centre and port and the numerous museums and exebitions of the "2013 Marseilles European Capitel" ...an absolute "must do".
"Place to be" and will be vissited again soon to enjoy the dreamlike experience of this superb hotel.
Thank you for making this possible.
03 September 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by MonsieurE Awesome Hôtel in Marseille
Excellent Hôtel in Marseille. The first real 5 stars in this beautifull city. The rooms are very confortable with excellent bed and perfect soundproofing. The terrace is the perfect place to enjoy Notre Dame having a drink with your friends.
The only negative point is the price of the drinks and the food a little bit expensive.
26 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by alamer just great
needed a relaxation after nice and cannes and I got it there, it is really something in everything, you feel JUST GREAT
thanks to all the staff there.
21 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Matt06 Wonderful time !!
Perfect time. We enjoyed a lot the place, the situation and the service. We will love to come again.
18 August 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Silva44 The only hotel to stay in Marseille
This is an excellent hotel. Wonderful views from the terrace and rooms (make sure to get a Harbour View Room). The Deluxe Room was large, very comfortable and immaculate. The brasserie served excellent lunch and dinner. Breakfast was not as impressive (minor complaint). Despite experiencing a few snagging problems as the hotel was only open a couple of months - the Managers were superb and could not do enough for us. The Concierge made some excellent restaurant recommendations too. I will definitely return to the Interncontinental - Hotel Dieu when next in Marseille.
14 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jfmd Excellent stay
The personal is realy welcoming,
Maybe the roomservice could be more efficient, because complementaries amenities boxes were not full, there were no pen, no newsletter wich was booked during Check in
11 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by erad Perhaps the greatest address in Marseille
I booked my room several months before the hotel opened and had a blissful room with an external terrace the size of many hotel rooms ...
My only complaint: my single bed, in my wonderful room, about the size of a football pitch, was manifestly TWO beds stuck together. And, I'm afraid, not stuck together too efficiently. During the night, I quite often half-woke, finding myself slipping between the two vast mattresses.
Breakfast was fine - but NOT super-brilliant. Example: the scrambled eggs (always, in my view, a real test of hotel excellence) seemed industrial.
The welcome, however, as I checked in, was absolutely SECOND-TO-NONE: the reception person checked me in and took me up to my room herself. The room itself, too, was wonderful.
The Clarins toiletries are "top-niveau" - and include a little bottle of the "fragrance". I'm inclined to search for it online ...
10 August 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Mirwan Great location and good potential
The renovation of the building was very successfull and the location is great. Though extremely helpful and willing the staff still requires some training.
04 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bernar43 great service
AN exceptional location and very helpfull staff,comfortable beds and bathrooms.High standard cuisine !Breakfast Super!
03 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Philippe1975 First wedding anniversary
Wonderful hôtel, in a place full of history.
Warm welcome from the staff, for this particular day
02 August 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Swtcynt Great room with a view and excellent service!
I stayed at the Hotel Dieu for 4 days (July 25-29) and enjoyed every minute! There was a small issue with my reservations, however, Pascal the front desk manager took care of it right away! Like all new properties there are bugs that need to be worked out and staff that fully need to understand how the Ambassador Certificate works, but still I had a most excellent stay! The room I was in had a beautiful view of the Vieux Port and the Notre Dame du Gard, and it had a large terrace with very nice and comfortable seating for at least 5 people! I would most definitely recommend the Hotel Dieu to anyone who truly wants to experience a first class stay in Marseille! I hope to come back soon myself!
01 August 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Martincav A good place to be
A lovely experience. Particularly pleased with the beauty of the terrace for dinner. The cuisine was much more than average, perhaps exceptional. The chef will soon have a Michelin macaron. An example was his gaspachio.
Good staff, but clearly still some training to do.
Did not like the decor in the foyer
31 July 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Haichul56 Definitely the hotel in marseille.
The hotel is located by the Marseille old port area, the most interesting and busy place in Marseille.
Exterior of the hotel is beautifully renovated historical building. On the contrary, interior is very modern and convenient.
All the hotel staff was very kind and helpful.
Above all, food of the hotel was really excellent. Especially, breakfast in 2nd floor deck area was really memorable.
I can say Intercontinental Marseille is the best hotel in Marseille, and the best Intercontinental hotel that I have experienced in the world.
28 July 2013
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by AlbertZ My Experience
I spend three nights at this hotel. I am not normally a complaining person but on many occasions found myself asking for the manager (never getting her) due to lack of service from room service, not getting my paper, a crane out front of my room for two of the three nights making noise and blocking an otherwise great view, and finally very loud music playing in the outside bar area directly below my balcony until 12 midnight. The "Front of House Manager" did his best and actually tried to make amends. He told me that the General Manager would contact me (and she never has). BTW, i did author a multi-page letter describing my experiences and am in the process of sending it to the general manager and management. If you wish a copy, I will be glad to forward it.
19 July 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Leoncino Excellent nice view
The stunning view of the port, the professional front-desk staff concierge staff is lapanese speaker, room is clean and modern.
11 July 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Rems Check Out
When i check out, they ask me to pay, but i booked a reward night, and when i check in they confirm i have nothing to pay!
And olso wait 15 minutes my car, nobody were outside to ask for my car!
21 June 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by nicolas75flyertalk Marseille has now a real 5 stars hotel
Junior Suite with terrace and harbour view is around 45sqm
Seating area with desk and sofa. Expresso machine
Bedroom with very comfortable bed.
Lovely and large terrace with superb view over the Vieux Port (old harbour)
Great bathroom with Boffi sink, large bathtub, separate rainforest shower (I loved it)/toilets.
Very nice Clarins Eau Dynamisante amenities
Flatscreen television with large selection of French and international channels.
No iPhone dock
Elegant contemporary design
Very quiet. I slept like a baby even with the windows wide open
- I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the day before check-in an email from the GM (former GM at Paris Le Grand) who remembered me and asked me if I went with my nephews (as I always book a stay with them the last week-end before Christmas in Paris). I sent pictures to them and they said that the hotel looks great and that they surely would like to visit the IC Marseille ;-)
- Perfect location, close to Vieux Port, new Mucem museum, in the heart of Panier historical district (with superb Vieille Charité), 15 minutes walk to rue Grignan with elegant boutiques. Shared bike station down the hotel (convenient for visiting the city or go by the sea).
- Very nice historical building (the interior design is elegant,.still Jean-Philippe Nuel has a limited range of creation, which may fail to be truly contemporary, or to highlight the historic architecture).
- Very friendly staff
- Pleasant indoor pool and spa (It was not an issue - and very convenient - to have a shower at the spa after check-out, just before flying back to Paris
- Fast wifi
- Breakfast was a kind of deception (few choice of - quite basic - products, no local touch, poor pastries, did not see any bread). Worst of it, service was a kind of disaster (staff running in all directions, lots of tables not ready on the terrace, 15 minutes to get fried eggs, most of products not refilled, trash and dirty plates next to the outdoor buffet, etc.)
- I can understand that security is a concern in Marseille. But security agent may be somewhat intrusive ("Good evening Sir. What are you doing here?" "Huh, just going back to my room, if you don't mind").
- Concierge team is friendly but maybe a bit too young.
As a conclusion, the property is a great addition to the InterContinental chain, and Marseille has now a real 5 stars hotel.
I do not doubt that the soft opening little issues will be solved very quickly.
The city offers to lovers of architecture, many monuments of great interest, and districts with multiple colors and moods:
- Le Panier, popular historic district of the city, close to the Vieux Port, with the beautiful Vieille Charité, Hospice of the XVIIth century old hosting the Museum of Mediterranean Archaeology, the Museum of African Arts, temporary exhibitions and a cinema theater
- The Palais de Longchamp (recently renovated, and which now houses Fine Arts museum), majestic building of the Second Empire with a fountain of Neptune which leaves the waters that feed Marseille via an aqueduct
- The Cours Julien district dedicated to the arts since the early nineteenth century (many restaurants and concert halls)
- Docks de la Joliette, full and beautiful industrial architecture of the nineteenth century,
- The housing unit by Le Corbusier, a master work of architecture of the 20th century. Built in the '50s, the building incorporates the theories of the "Radiant City" made by Le Corbusier (pile structure, duplex apartments, interior street with shops, a magnificent terrace at the top which offers a breathtaking view over the city, and welcoming nursery school and playground)
- Cantini Museum, in a beautiful mansion on the fashionable rue Grignan, houses one of the richest public collections devoted to French art of the twentieth century (Derain, Matisse, Dufy, Picasso, Miro, Ernst, Tapies, Alechinsky , Dubuffet, Bacon)
- The Museum of Contemporary Art: a museum which has opted for sobriety of the building to better showcase the works exhibited. Close to the Borély park (now museum of decorative arts) , pleasant garden in the residential area of the Prado, lined with the elegant white facades of nineteenth-century mansions.
- and of course recent Mucem museum by Rudy Ricciotti, superb "ombrière" by Sir Norman Foster, CMA-CGM tower by Zaha Hadid.
- A secret beach: following the chemin du Génie, a small creek hanging on the Corniche, to have a sunbath in privacy.
20 June 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by metraveller Stunning Property but.......
Had only been opened for 1 month when I stayed so one or two teething problems but very quickly and efficiently resolved by the exceptionally efficient Sofia and Marie.
The concierge desk needs some work especially the Head Concierge who's name I forget but perhaps she'll settle in and learn how to meet guests' expectations at this level of hotel (and price).
Fabulous terrace for drinks, dining....weather permitting.
Certainly now my hotel of choice in Marseille!
04 June 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by pj13 Good experience But ...
The restoration of the historic building is exceptional. As Whell for the decoration of the lobbie and the suite junior.
As against the service is not at the level of what we should expect from an Intercontinental
03 June 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TinaM A perfect hotel
I went on the Intercontinental of Marseille one week ago.
The staff was very serious and attentive.
The bedroom was beautiful, the bathroom gigantesc and the bed were very comfortable.
The hotel was wonderful with luxury objects and fantastic rooms.
I found my journey so interesting and i will remember it for a long time.
27 May 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by chub13 Magical experience!
Living in Marseille, I made surprise to my wife by staying overnight at the InterContinental Hotel-Dieu in Marseille. We lived a wonderful experience with a magnificent decoration of the hotel (lobby, rooms) and an astonishing view on the cathedral Notre-Dame-de-la-Garde. Make sure to choose an executive room with terrace to benefit from it and to be able to enjoy a breakfast on the terrace.
Spa was a delightful experience (despite a lot of moves with the lift) and we enjoyed with our friends the food and the setting of the restaurant.
In short, a magical experience! Our only wish would have a been an outside pool and a better weather.
27 May 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Windyhill A truly unique place on earth
We have been spending time in Marseille on many occasions for years now – and we did look forward to finally see the inside of the old “Hotel Dieu”, now converted into the new Inter Continental Hotel – and it was worth waiting! This is by far the most wonderful location to stay in Marseille and the hotel exceeded all our expectations – with a funny ending (see below): The staff was extremely welcoming from the front gate up to the room service. The room assigned for our stay had a magnificent view towards the old harbour, the "Vieux Port de Marseille" with a large window that opened fully. The bed was perfect bed and the bathroom was huge! It was really a difficult decision either to stay up all night, sitting at the open window and enjoying the changing harbour lights and those of other city sights or staying in bed, having heavenly dreams. A truly unique experience. The morning started with similar questions – staying in bed, enjoying the view or tasting the breakfast-buffet that offered a large variety of standards and local specialties. When we left – just before noon on the next day – we knew that we need to – will – return, as soon as possible. And we had a laugh, as the number of guests checking out suddenly grew larger, leading to a small queue in font of the desk which was commented by a blossom of one of the beautiful flowers dropping to the floor… as if this flower was sad that people had to leave…
23 May 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by QP66 perfect
all was perfect, except the wellness / pool, the location is perfect, the room is perfect, the breakfast can be more various, my be breakfast on the terrasse would be nice
19 May 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JEDM Amazing renovation & wonderful location
We at ceres73 have been waiting with anticipation for this hotel to open, and it truly is magnificent... the rooms are well appointed, the staff very friendly and helpful. Security is visible yet not intrusive. The concierge Audrey is a star! The location is perfect for visiting Marseille, we were an international group and highly enjoyed the sailing as well as the Clarins spa in the hotel. We very much look forward to returning to this property in September when the gastronomic restaurant opens.. We are fortunate enough to have stayed in some of the nicest hotels in the world and this for sure is worthy of that title also..!
Thanks for a great stay!
19 May 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lapinmalin International luxury and service quality
I stayed at the Intercontiinental the day after its opening and I could'n't.
Everything was perfect and the staff impeccable. Beautiful design, modern yet cosy. I regret not having the tihe time to enjoy the Clarins Spa
10 May 2013