Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 362
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Chill993 Wonderful Overnight Stay
Stayed one night and had a great experience. I was excited and anxious to stay at this property. The room was very clean and well appointed, but recommend the carpet be freshened up. Having the robes and slippers were and added bonus. Also having yhe safe was an added bonus. The staff were very helpful knowledgable. Since the weather bad it was so convenient to have three restaurants on property, I enjoyed dinner at Fresco 21. I will definitely stay here again.
January 25, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tom Stopover Excellent rooms - shame that staff are so misinformed
I stayed here twice - both times because i was stuck in chicago due to weather. Using the airline discount coupon I got a wonderful deal at the intercontinental. It's a nice hotel and the rooms and showers are really excellent.
But the problem is the lack of accurate information from staff, which can a real problem.
Both times I stayed there staff did not know the shuttle times. I had to ask several times to ensure i got the right information. I could easily have missed the shuttle and my flight.
The information about the internet was also inaccurate. I was told that i could log into more than computer for the same price. But when i went through the log in it seemed that i was charged for each computer. I complained and was then put on some arrangement where the internet was free. I was told the charge would be removed from the bill. the following morning two charges were still on the bill. in the end they were removed, but the whole process was time consuming and unsettling.
The lack of accurate information is undermining the hotel's appeal
January 14, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mini me 5 Star
Beautiful hotel and spacious rooms/bath.
professional and engaged staff
January 13, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by acerconsulting Enjoyed my stay
Due to weather the 6pm shuttle to airport was running 15 minutes late. Without me asking the staff got me a cab and paid for it. That's the kind of service I expected and valued at Intercontinental. Excellent experience and thank you.
January 12, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by caasi Snow day at Intercontinental Hotel oHare
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay on one of he worst travel days in the past 10+ yrs in Chicago.In addition to the well appointed rooms, friendly staff, the front desk personnel went out of their way to help me with a late check out & guaranteed 2nd night reservation if my flight out got cancelled on Jan 5th 2014.
January 11, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by MTP1 Unhappy
I believe that that rooms are reasonably priced for the comfort and ammenaties that are provided. I also think the price of parking for guests is excessive!
January 9, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by CS0318 Modern rooms, great staff!
It was my first time staying at the Intercontinental, I was amazed by how modern and updated everything was. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When I got to my room I was blown away by how large and beautiful it was. The bathroom was great! The bed was big and comfortable! I even had to ask for a late check out because I didn't want to leave! I plan on staying there again and I have definitely been telling people they need to stay there aswell!
January 5, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Mutazz New Year's Eve
The Party was nice, but they limited children from being in the fitness center and lobby. Security refused to let my son up to the room after purchasing his food because he did not have a wrist band. The band was for entrance to the party not for access to the lobby.
January 5, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dee B New Year's Eve party was spectacular
Bands, music, food, favors and drinks were all fabulous .
January 4, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by GuestfromChicago77 Nice rooms, comfortable beds, Great staff, inconvenient parking
Pros: This is a nice modern hotel with spacious comfortable rooms, and a very nice, friendly, and professional staff. I like that there is a 24 hour restaurant, because sometimes you check in late and you are hungry! I also like the gift shop and coffee shop, and the whole ambience of the hotel. The front desk guy was very helpiful, walking outside in the below freezing weather to the parking garage to fix the machine and allow our car inside.
Cons: But...this parking situation is the reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 stars, because you pay $24, then drive up to the fourth floor of the garage and then park, which I found kind of scary at night.. I would have felt safer if there were conspicous cameras in the garage and if the hotel would let us park on the first floor if we arrive late at night, or if they had parking valets at night.
Overall: I liked the hotel and would stay here again pre-flight or post-flight without a car, or if I arrive in the daytime. Staff were friendly and professional, and everything was nice except the parking situation. I wouldn't want to enter that parking garage again at night and drive up to the 4th floor of the garage.
January 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Craig1014 Best hotel O'Hare area hotel
I was shocked at the high quality of this hotel, particularly given it was one of the more affordable options I found. I'll be staying here from now on when staying in the O'Hare area.
January 3, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Travel1825 Great Stay
This is going to be a long one, as I do not really review hotels but felt the need to review this one. I have been a loyal customer of IHG for many years now. Typically stay for business trips but occasionally, I just like to go to our local hotels to enjoy with my wife and kids. his was my first stay at an Intercontinental Hotel. Overall, this is a great hotel.
1) The Customer Service was superb. Because of my Platinum Ambassador Status, I was upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite (no complaints and I definitely like this perk). However, the 1 bedroom did not have a pull out. Unfortunately, this trip was with the kids and a pull out sofa bed is usually what they sleep on. The hotel housekeeping staff was very friendly and accommodating. They offered roll-aways, which we appreciated but declined. I told them my kids could just sleep on the large L shape couch in the living area, but they went out of there way to make sure they had several comforters and pillows to make them comfortable. They brought extra chocolates and waters for my kids, something they did not need to do, but thank you. They also brought my daughter M&M's, which are her favorite. They also brought us a mini-fridge to keep my 1-1/2 year old daughter's milk cold. , which does not come in the room. But they do have a stocked minibar. However, there is a charge for removing anything from it for more than 45 seconds. Since I was with kids, my wife and I had no intentions of dipping into the minibar.
2# Front desk - I had booked the Ambassador free breakfast option, which usually gets me a free breakfast in the morning. However, I did not get a voucher and forgot to ask for it prior to going for breakfast. During breakfast, I walked over to the front desk and mentioned the rate plan I booked under. Of course, it did not show up as a free breakfast rate plan. Yet Tim still gave me the voucher. There was no haggle. I even offered to run up to the room to get my confirmation to prove it, but he said it was not needed. He also gave me a voucher for my wife, which is not part of the rate plan. Thanks Tim. it was much appreciated.
3) The hotel is more of a business hotel and although the fitness room is outstanding and state of the art #which is used in the morning), there was no pool. I found this to be a little odd considering how big the place was and their sister hotel, the Crowne Plaza, next door, has a large indoor pool. Nevertheless, no biggie. We were just there for the night. But I can see this as a problem in the future, especially if you travel with kids.
4) The place is setup like an art museum. I found this to be very fascinating and my children enjoyed it. Most of the art was interesting to look at. Others...not so much.
5) We ate at McCormick and Schmitts, which was directly across the driveway and the food was fantastic. Although moderately expensive, it was well worth the price. The Capital Grille is considered one of the best Steak houses in Chicago. This is also on hotel property, across the driveway. I plan to eat there sometime in the future, but for all those visiting, be warned, it easy very pricey. They also have MB financial park which is just a short walk from there. This area has several restaurants, and bars, an upscale but very cool bowling alley, a Muvico theater, which we go too often and the center has been converted into an ice rink for the holidays. This area is suited for adults and kids and can be relatively fare priced, depending on what restaurant you go too. There are several choices and I'm sure most people can find something within there budget. Being from the area, we have been there many times before and really enjoy it. So we had to go again since it was decorated for Christmas and the weather was pretty nice considering it was winter. However, I don't like that there really isn't any easy walking access into the park, from any of the hotels in the area, not just ICH. You have to cross busy roads and walk through large parking lots to get there. Or you can drive and pay to park in their parking lot. But this would make no sense since it is so close to the hotels. The City of Rosemont should really consider putting overhead walkways or even tunnels, that lead into this area, for people who are on foot.
6) The only real problem I had was the food at Fresca 21 for breakfast. Was not very good and way over priced. If I didn't have those vouchers, I would have had to pay almost $80 for myself and family, for food that was not good at all. The pancakes were like cardboard, the potatoes, too. I've never seen the type of corned beef hash they served me, but the waiter said that's what it was. It also took a long time to be served and the waiter wasn't really coming around enough, like they usually do. There wasn't really many people in the restaurant so I was a little frustrated with this. The vouchers brought the price down to $20, so I didn't really complain. The only thing I did like was the fruit. I think it would be better to get in your car and drive to a local ma' and pa' breakfast joint in the area. Or even a local McDonalds would have been better. I was very disappointed in breakfast.
7) Parking is expensive. $24 per night. That's way too high especially for people who are guests of the hotel. This is not a resort hotel and even those are cheaper or even free, to guests most of the time.
Well that's all. Overall it was great, except for breakfast. I would still recommend this hotel to others, especially for business travelers. I put the service of the staff almost as equal as Disney staff. And that's saying a lot, since me and my family are big Disney Resort fans.
January 3, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Big Daddy Mike Every this was spot on.
I was there for a wedding. The party rooms were very very nice. You all did a great job. My room was one of the best rooms I have stayed it. The bed was so comfortable. The show was awesome coming from the celing. Even being so close to the airport, you didn't even hear the planes over head. This place rocks!!!
January 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Bigd123 Very nice upscale property.
Hotel is new and very upscale/hip. Great room and amenities, nice location (close to a lot), restaraunt was a decent value and good food.
All in all, a very nice hotel for the price. More of a business property (hardly anybody around on the weekend), but it's a new, clean, beautiful hotel.
Don't hesitate to stay here if you need a room in Rosemont.
January 1, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by sws69 shower head needed attention
very nice hotel. However, had difficulty leaving parking garage with blue pass card given by front desk. It did not allow us out of garage because we did not have the parking ticket. this was not explained at front desk. parking garage attendant arrived and let us out after showing receipt that we had paid for parking.
December 26, 2013
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Dave20 Good room but service niggles on our particular stay
Room was good but we were checked into the wrong one first (computer error blamed). Then there was a miscommunication that resulted in us having to order a second cot bed (we had hoped both would have been all set up already). However, when we got in the room it was well designed and roomy with a great bathroom. A comfy bed and sound-proofed windows helped us get a good night's sleep. Breakfast had a pretty good choice for the buffet with decent food (good waffles made to order!). Service at the breakfast was very good.
Beware the cheeky charges - parking was over $20 for the night and wi-FI was a charged extra but the water in the room was something like $5!!!
December 19, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tpdk great stay
In general a very good stay with pleasant also the conference room also in very good standard. Will tell my freinds and family about this nice hotel.
December 15, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by babs9229 Airport convience
not my first stay, and will not be my last! Great accomadations and the cost and convience to the airport is just great......I am so glad a long time ago I looked at low cost, parking and hotel accomadations near O'Hare,,,,,,,,,your hotel and especially your staff are great!
December 14, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Barney45 Comfortable bed, beautiful decor.
We were there for a wedding. Great price. Beautiful room and public areas. Restaurant was very good. Only complaint was the lighting in the room.was too dim to put on make-up. Great stay!!
December 11, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by milanophoto the decor is perfect
Congratulations to the interior design firm.
Very nice job!
The restaurant do not look that belong there
(i did not eat there) but do not look good as the hotel
i'm a modern art collector and i felt at home in the lobby and in the room.
good choice of art ; not the same lame, cheesy, hotel arts
December 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Wilhelm1888 Excellent service and quality
It has been my 5th time at this hotel and I can confirm that always have been the best service, quality and experience.
Sic e I became Ambassador member the room upgrade and gifts have been a plus.
Strongly recommend this hotel.
December 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ymclain1 Second visit for conference
Excellent hotel. Second year in a row for conference. Rooms are very comfortable, quiet, great showers, beds, chaise and plenty of pugs for charging electronics. Housekeeping is helpful and pleasant. Olga helped me find the restroom nearest the gym; Luljeta serviced our room wonderfully. Very nice staff. Restaurant waiters in bar exceptional. Remembered us each time we came in. (Brian)Made excellent suggestions and was very helpful. Bell staff quick, friendly and helpful. Gym is very nice, just needs some yoga mats and bosu and exercise balls. Two great restaurants literally right outside the door; Capital Grille and McCormick & Schimts. Although close to O'Hare planes, stop flying around 10pm and only once during our stay did we hear the 5am flights, even then not very disturbing. This from someone who hates a room near an elevator or ice machine.
November 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SpoTexan Excellent Room
European room styling appreciated. Perfect attention to detail. Cell phone service a bit uneven, but the room was very business friendly. This was my second stay.
November 25, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by agnes54 Fantastic Hotel
I stayed here for a meeting and was very pleased with my accomodations. I wish I could have stayed longer. The room was wonderful, furnishings modern and cool. I enjoyed every minute.
November 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Lesliee Outstanding!
Gorgeous hotel and very helpful and gracious staff!
November 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by EduardoK77 Great beds, excellent hotel!
The rooms are big, and the bathrooms are incredible!
November 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by TNTravelerAD Great service relaxing place to stay
I stay here multiple times per year. The staff is very friendly and attentive to my needs. Even when the hotel is crowded the level of service does not suffer
November 23, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Jenny244 quiet,comfortable and clean
Awesome business hotel, very comfortable,clean and quiet
November 21, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 Memorable Stay and Great Experience
We loved so much about our stay at this hotel. The executive suite is very nice as far as modern decor, and spacious layout. Hotel itself is full of wonderful art, and staff was very courteous. Fresco 21 the Tapas restaurant has some really wonderful dishes, and made for a great dining experience. The only drawback was the parking in the garage, but seeing the layout of the property it is necessary. They do offer valet parking, but had chose to self park, maybe will try next time. Overall our stay/night was spectacular, and can't wait to get away for another night or 2 stay here. Lastly when we arrived it was packed for a Jazz event and we are the type to not ask questions, as to we did not receive our vouchers at first. We did realize that later and picked them up in time to keep everything on track. Seeing the situation we should have just inquired when we checked in. No biggie, we got it handled shortly after with no problem. Everyone seemed to look forward to helping everything go perfect. Great hotel and restaurant! 5 STAR!!!
November 20, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by 1q2w1q2w Top prices and mediocre services
You don't need to publish my review and I don't expect you to, but someone needs to know this.
The restaurant was awful. We had breakfast and received cold and runny eggs, tough cold bacon and toast that wasn't toasted. One of the worst I ever had and over $100 for 4 people.
The valet service was very poor. Management was aware of it, and did nothing to remedy the situation. I waited over 30 minutes for my car. No ne there really gave a darn about the customer.
When my room was made up, I had no shampoo - I had old pillow cases left in my room - no attention to detail.
November 20, 2013