Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 265
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 环境很好，服务一般。
16 April 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by marguerite59 tout est très bien
c'est un coin de paradis dans cette énorme ville de Shanghai.
Cette nature, ce jardin..
ces bâtiments sans trop d'étages....
le personnel toujours souriant et à votre écoute.
15 April 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by pp13456780 You will get what has been described
We booked a suite and are not so lucky enough to get into the club building. Room was nice, spacious and comfy as described. They also responded to our request timely.
09 April 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Moore722 又一次很愉快的入住
08 April 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by aloha2015 Came back after 3 years ago grand opening
I stayed in Ruijin Intercontinental 3 years ago right after the opening. I was glad they had kept the good service and environment as opening. All the staff had more knowledge with hotel service and customer needs. Doesn't like other intercontinental in Shanghai, this hotel is inside a 16 aces park like area which you can relax in Shanghai, such crowded city, The only complain was they had raised the rate to too high comparing with other hotel
08 April 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by stephanie0420 Did not meet expectations
Let me begin by saying that I have stayed with the Intercontinental for the past 6 months on business travel. I am a platinum elite member, and would whole-heartedly agree that the Intercontinental in Australia is what you would expect from a 5-star hotel chain. Unfortunately, the one I stayed at in Shanghai (Ruijin Er Road) was not. Maybe it was that I booked on points so I got given an unexceptional room and sub-par service, but if I've given you my business for the past 6 months, I expect a little more when I book a stay on points for 2 nights.
1. During check-in, I was informed that I would not be receiving an upgrade (no reason given whatsoever) even though as a platinum elite member I am eligible for free upgrades every time. I'm not that fussy, so whatever. It's fine.
2. I was then told no rooms were available yet - I was checking in at 11am so I understood - maybe I was a bit early. I can wait.
3. "If you want a room immediately" I was told, "you will have to pay $XXX per night to upgrade to a Club room. Otherwise it's an hours wait." No, no, I'm fine. I've booked on points and am willing to wait an hour. It's fine. "Oh... I will have a look again." Miraculously it turns out not only 1 but MULTIPLE rooms matching the description I booked WERE available. Can we just note that I was standing at reception during this whole 5 minute ordeal and no one had come to check out?
1. While the room looks fairly grand, upon closer inspection a lot of things are made from cheap plastic. These bits kept falling off from inside the shower, the bathroom, even the card recognition plastic beeper thing on the front door fell off and we had to put it back on ourselves.
2. Maybe it's just the building I was staying in (the main building) but airconditioning is not actually by room. We set our room to a balmy 21 degrees and it never reached it. Eventually we set it to 10 degrees. Stayed at 24 degrees the WHOLE TIME. When we called someone to come look at it at 2am as we could not sleep, they informed us that the entire building runs off the same temperature and "the Chinese are afraid of the cold". Uhm, excuse me? What is the point of having individual thermostats if you can't change the temperature? I did not expect to have this problem in 2015, let alone in a 5 star hotel.
3. Room was facing a school playground - really noisy during some times of the day. Otherwise bearable.
1. We requested late check out (perks of platinum elite membership) and was kindly granted until 4pm. Full disclosure: we lost track of time through no fault of the hotel and requested an extension until 4:30pm. "No problem" they said. We got back into our room and rapidly started packing when the phone rang and a voice spoke to us in Chinese asking "when are you getting out?" (lucky I understand Chinese...) and I responded with "we just notified reception of our new check out time" to which the lady seemed flustered and hung up.
On the upside, the grounds are beautiful and location is superb. However that is not enough to offset the issues present.
I completely understand if this was a new hotel with teething issues, but this is a reputable hotel chain and an established hotel at that and I am severely disappointed I chose to stay here. I think I will now be taking any future business to a different hotel chain.
08 April 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by dimotion 床铺舒适，服务一流
酒廊happy hour 食物丰富，精致；服务人员服务态度好；
04 April 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 很好的体验
02 April 2015