Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 241
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by cobster77 Uncomfortable bed but great service
After checking in and having the disappointment of being told I had to have a twin room instead of a King, I found the room to be noisy. The bed itself was very uncomfortable as it had a dip in it and I kept falling into this dip. The second night I changed beds and the other bed was much better.
The staff were all very well informed and provided excellent service. It was because of the staff that I would recommend this place.
17 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by XYZ200 Superb Room Quality, Amazing Bed.
This hotel is top notch. Brand new rooms completed in August 2014 with no expense spared. This is 5 star luxury that I highly recommend. Was on the more expensive side when compared to others, but others don't come close to the quality so you get what you pay for.
17 August 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Geoff2014 No longer up to standard
Dated rooms and common areas (although they are renovating at present this impacted on our experience). Pool/Spas area dated.
No longer value for money.
16 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by The Real Bill Best bed for a long time!
Enjoyed two wonderful nights rest in a renovated room on the 5th floor. The soft downy pillow-top mattress was awesome - and I usually prefer a hard bed.
Renovations are under way and the hotel tries to keep the noise to a minimum but it was not so good during the day.
Several staff were not familiar with the location of the State Insurance Tower just a few hundred metres frkom their door - or how to best walk to Courtney place - one of the only two main restaurant and bar districts.
14 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MrsS.T Outstanding service, unequaled accommodation
My husband and I traveled to Wellington to stay at the InterContinental Wellington for a luxury weekend getaway for the two of us. This was a truly memorable weekend where the staff pampered us and were genuinely caring and so helpful. We enjoyed the Club Lounge with it's fantastic views of the harbour, top quality canapes, and friendly staff. Our Club Room was so modern and had some surprising features - should you choose to stay here I'm sure you would not be disappointed.
14 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by EmmaDilemma Outstanding service and comfort !!
I will be staying here again in fact just quietly i'd like to move in for good what more could you want!
13 August 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by Summerwoods Room 232 , 6th August
Would just like to make a couple of comments !
Because my wife and I were celebrating a "special " anniversary ,we decided to book your Hotel because we have always enjoyed the Chameleon restaurant! It was therefore very disapointing to find that on checking in, that facility was not available ? We can fully appreciate the reasoning and expected betterment by the re-furbishment but felt this fact should have been emphasised more for guests by the booking online method?
Also we did not particulary enjoy the sound of jack hammers in the late afternoon and being woken at 7.30 in the morning by workmen hammering !
In passing these comments on to you we would stress that these will not stop us using your hotel in the future but thought they may just assist in your ensuring other guests do not express their complaints to your staff ? Regards )
12 August 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by JBZZZ Oh dear
I stayed here for 2 nights last week. It was my worst Intercon experience - and I'm normally a very happy Intercon client.. The issues:
1. When I arrived, the hotel was being renovated. This was not mentioned when I booked.
2. The entry is cramped and uninviting - with a lift to the first floor required to checkin.
3. After quick checkin - but incredibly noisy with the renovation work going on - drilling brick I think - I got to my room and found it was a twin, not a kingsize as booked.
4. I rang down to ask to change to a kingsize bed. The operator put me through to a number that was never answered.
5. I went back downstairs and they found me a new room quickly.
6. I went to the new room and there was a bowl of fruit and a welcome note - but not for me - for another customer!
7. A few minutes later someone came to take the food away. I said I thought that was a bit rude. They agreed and took the fruit away.
8. A few minutes later someone returned with the fruit bowl again. Quite funny really.
9. Over my stay I need to use the iron and ironing board. The iron leaked water dangerously - the ironing board was totally rusted out with pain falling off it. I left a note for the cleaner and they replaced both items.
10. The furnishings - especially the desk - had chips - big ones. I understand that the hotel is being renovated however.
11. After some late night business calls I was awoken by the very noisy renovation work.
12. Checkout was quick and easy. Staff were friendly and helpful.
13. Hotel location is great for what I needed. I'll try this hotel again once their renovation is complete.
10 August 2014