Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 34
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by sheshe72 More than pleased!
I was so pleased as soon as I pulled up to this hotel. It was just beautiful! Then when I walked in, it was just as beautiful. The hotel provides everything one could possibly need.The staff was very caring and friendly. They provide dinner and drinks to their guests in the evenings, and provide a wonderful breakfast in the mornings. I did not want to leave!
February 3, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by ThePhotographer PRETTY GOOD HOTEL!!!
Hotel was convenient to the location I needed to be in. Great rates.. Only problem, I left a very valuable SD Memory card there, when I called back the same evening, the desk clerk told me to call and leave a voicemail on manager's desk and if they found it, it will be mailed, Well, I NEVER GOT THE CALL!! I really NEEDED that. Had business info on it!!
Other than that, it was pretty good experience.
January 8, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by igresham818 Nice Hotel - Would visit again!
Initially, the hotel changed the type of room that we were to received from three beds to two. After talking briefly with front desk, they quickly remedied the situation.
January 5, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by lionfan The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
We stayed at the Staybridge Suites Jackson for a long weekend with a group of eight - four adults and four kids. We had two rooms - a 2BR and a 1BR.
- the rooms were really nice and spacious.
- everything was in good condition and working order
- despite the in-room signs saying that the "light" housekeeping wasn't performed on weekends, it was
- wi-fi worked great
- price. The rooms were very reasonable, especially for the size and amenities
- no matter what we did, the shower curtains #all three of them# couldn't be closed enough to prevent flooding the floors. We had to use towels to mop up messes every time.
- there were no boxes of tissues to be found in either room, which was troublesome for us getting over head colds.
- I called the front desk the day before we checked in to ensure there were DVD players in the rooms. I was told that every room had a DVD player. We had five TVs between the two rooms - not a single DVD player. The front desk was able to round one up for us though.
- their "pantry" is somewhat of a joke unless you're in the need for over-the counter meds or bottled water or diet coke. The freezer cooler that was probably supposed to stock frozen foods and snacks had a single pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream in it the entire time.
- breakfast. The first day the breakfast was horrendous - no plates, no silverware, and barely anything stocked. When I inquired, I was told two cooks has called off and two people were running both the front desk and breakfast. It was a really, really bad situation. For example, when they finally re-stocked biscuits, they were still half-frozen in the middle. The second day was better, but nothing great. The food quality was OK at best. The make-your-own waffle batter was so watered down the waffles barely had any flavor. On day 1 the fresh fruit option consisted of bowl with - count 'em - two oranges; on day 2, there was melon too. There was no orange juice whatsoever either day; on day 2, the only juice available was cranberry. One highlight was that they have a soda dispenser available during breakfast, which is good for us caffeine-dependent non-coffee drinkers.
Overall, we liked the Staybridge Suites but were really disappointed with breakfast. While I can understand being in a pickle #when the two cooks called off#, the hotel is still responsible for offering breakfast as advertised. From a CNN article in 2010 - " Seventy percent of U.S. leisure travelers consider getting a free breakfast included with the room rate as extremely or very influential in their selection of a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Harrison Group 2010 Portrait of American Travelers... Business travelers like it too: 63 percent of them say a free breakfast is extremely or very desirable when they choose a hotel or resort, according to the Ypartnership/Yankelovich Inc. 2009 National Business Traveler Monitor." I typically look for a hotel to offer a good breakfast when looking for a place to stay. The Staybridge Suites Jackson came up really short, which is why I'm not sure I'd stay here again.
January 1, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by maydel1211 Great Hotel!! LOVED IT!!
This is a great hotel, its been recently remodeled so everything is new, nice decorated, cozy, excellent staff, great breakfast. We stayed 2 nights for Thanksgiving, we loved the fact that it has its living room with sofa/bed, then it has the bedroom separate with its own private door, kitchen, frig, stove, dishwasher, eat in kitchen with bar. There was a downer that we found several hairs in the towels, bathroom floor, then there was no extra toilet paper....but all the great things about this hotel over ride the 2 small ones.
Like I said excellent hotel, price was very very affordable everything was great. We will stay here again!
December 13, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by MsWoo Excellent Hotel
This is a great hotel! The cleaning staff does a GREAT job. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are very nice for the price, and they offer hot complimentary breakfast! You can't beat this deal. If I ever come back to Jackson, MS, this will definitely be the place that I will stay....hands down. This location is also of convenience, it's located to Walmart, the mall, Target, hair stores, restaurants, etc.
December 5, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Babiejadie Great hotel experience!
We chose a 2-bedroom suite for our family of 5. The living room had a convertible couch so we had plenty of room. The staff was wonderful and accommodating. The beds were comfortable and the whole property was spotless. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Jackson.
December 2, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Pamela44 Happy Birthday Weekend
This was my first time staying here and it will not be my last. This Staybridge came as a recommendation from a close friend. It was the best experience I've had in a long time. My room was very clean and inviting. The staff was on point with every need I had and then some. I would gladly recommend Staybridge to everyone I know. Its worth every penny. As it was my birthday the staff made me feel extra welcome. The breakfast in the mornings was delicious with a variety of food to choose from. I just can't express how my stay made me feel. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!!!!!
November 27, 2013