Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JohnMR Always a great experience.
I travel to San Diego often, as my home office is located there. I always stay at this property. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and comfortable.
June 10, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0
by Tellcom 7 month stay was excellent
Was there for 7 month stay was like home was sad to leave there Manager Brad and all staff were excellent miss them all
May 7, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by eman0044 Very Friendly Staff
I stayed here for twelve days and the staff was very friendly very accommodating. The free complimentary breakfast was nice as well as the social and dinner in the evenings. Taco night was awesome, the best tacos I’ve ever had. The location is convenient to several restaurants within walking distance and also Green Flash Brewery is right across the street which is nice. Several beer selections if you’re a beer person. The rooms are very clean and spacious. But I will say it again, the staff was amazing… I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone staying in San Diego.
April 25, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by markost Nice room and NO SMOKING!
The best part about this hotel is that it is entirely non-smoking. Although they let people smoke outside, it is still nice that no one is smoking in their rooms.
The staff at the front counter are friendly and helpful and the rooms (I've been there 3 times) have always been clean and well stocked.
The only downside to the place is the breakfast: Everything is VERY salty. I'm not particularly salt-sensitive, but it seems that whoever is cooking everything believes that salt is the most important ingredient. The cooked food is so salty I do not eat it. However, the coffee, condiments, etc. are nice and varied enough.
Although I go there on business and my employer foots the bill, I would go there on my own dime if I had to lodge in that area. It seems to be a reasonable value.
March 25, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by vegas1 Many Extras
I would definitely stay here again. This is a very comfortable place to stay. I especially liked the thick towels and extra pillows.
March 9, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ProBTraveler Nice Renovations, but some additional Room Maintenance work is needed
My opinion is that overall the Renovated Room were very nice, but just like the old hotel before the room upkeep is lacking or non-existent. Leaves one with the old lipstick on a pig impression.
I experienced the following in this hotel:
1) Closet door was off the track and blocked the hallway.
2) Bathroom door would not stay open and would constantly close half-way blocking the Bathroom entrance. I ran into it more than once in the middle of the night. Ouch!
3) Hot water took at least 4 minutes to reach my sink and shower.
4) Brand new toilet would not flush unless the handle was held down for about 10 seconds.
5) Housekeeping did not fully restock the towels every day. Several days into my stay later I was down to 2 Bath towels and 1 Hand Towel.
6) Brand New Tubs have no bath mat and are as slippery as an ice rink. Somebody is going to fall and get seriously hurt!
7) I guess AT&T uses this hotel for out of town staff. Every night several dozen huge AT&T trucks almost entirely fill up the parking lot. Even on the weekends! The sheer number of them make getting Breakfast almost impossible. Too many of them milling around talking and blocking the narrow buffet area. They quickly empty the buffet of everything. To top it off there is only one lady working the Breakfast buffet and she cannot keep up with the traffic. Coffee empty. No this, no that. Had to ask for a fork and napkins on multiple days. It looks like it could be an AT&T Company cafeteria. Also, to make it even worse there are many UPS staff quests as well.
I had a hard time understanding the new desk clerk from Denmark when checking in. .
February 15, 2013
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tbone1961 Comforts of home
Been coming here for over 12 years. Recently remodeled. I think all rooms are suites now, very roomy and comfortable. Previously found beds too firm, now better (still not like home) but allowed for a good nights sleep. Also found pillows are better now also, I like a soft pillow and there were plenty.
The best sundowner reception as they serve beer and wine Tues-Fri from 5-8pm (if memory serves), just awesome way to wind down from a full day of work. Great staff and very intentive.
Only issue is that somkers hang out right at the front door as there are benches and the ash tray. I wish they would allocate an area further away so I don't have to breath their bad habit on my way out the door.
January 31, 2013
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by imstrvng Excellent Hotel
Rooms were very comfortable and clean.
Housekeeping kept it all nicely and the front desk as well as the Shuttle Driver were very professional and helpful.
Stayed 2 weeks and I have no complains at all.
January 31, 2013