Terms & Conditions
If you are an employee of IHG or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates, or another employer's employee but are working at a hotel in the IHG System, then you may be eligible for the IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme. All full-time or permanent part-time employees are eligible for the Programme once their employment has been validated. Here's how it works:
- IHG® Employee Room Benefit Programme Code of Conduct:
The IHG Employee Room Benefit Program is a benefit for eligible employees of companies in the InterContinental Hotels Group and for other companies’ employees who work at hotels owned, managed, or franchised by IHG or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Employees should handle themselves appropriately when staying at any IHG property. Employees utilizing this benefit will be held accountable for their behavior as well as the behavior of any of their guests staying or visiting the hotel. Employees shall be respectful of other guests in the hotel as well as hotel property and will be held responsible for damages by them or their guests.
If the Employee Room Benefit Program is abused by an employee or his/her guest in any way, IHG reserves the right to revoke this benefit from the employee, as well as to pursue any other appropriate disciplinary and/or legal actions.
- Employee must be an IHG Rewards Club Member to book the employee rate
- If you have a Merlin ID, you must enter your IHG Rewards Club number into your profile in Merlin. From the Merlin Home Page, Click on Edit your Profile; enter your IHG Rewards Club number in the designated field, then save your information.
- If you do not have a Merlin ID, your hotel must provide your manager with your IHG® Rewards Club Member number, who will then follow the process to enroll the employee into the IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme. This validation expires every six months and it is the employee’s responsibility to have it renewed.
- Once an employee is validated, they will be able reserve up to 2 rooms at the employee rate
|Rate Tier||Range||Employee Rate|
|1||*$44.99 or less||$29.00|
|2||$45 - $84.99||$39.00|
|3||$85 - $99.99||$49.00|
|4||$100 - $124.99||$59.00|
|5||$125 - $149.99||$69.00|
|6||$150 - $199.99||$79.00|
|7||$200 - $249.99||$89.00|
|8||$250 and up||$99.00|
|All rates in USD|
- Employee Room Benefit Programme rooms are subject to room allocations and space availability at any Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Holiday Inn Resorts®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, Hotel Indigo®, Even Hotels®, Crowne Plaza®, Hualuxe®, or InterContinental® hotel worldwide.
- The Employee rate is only available for a maximum of two rooms per colleague per night with a maximum of 7 rooms nights per hotel each year.
- You cannot make bookings more than 90 days in advance.
- Once an employee receives a confirmation number for a reservation at the Employee Rate, the hotel cannot rescind that rate, nor modify the reservation or cancel it, regardless of any change in anticipated occupancy or other circumstances.
- Employee rates are only applicable for non-business related travel.
- Employee Rates do not qualify for IHG® Rewards Club Points.
- Reservations are subject to standard room cancellation procedures, applicable taxes and regular service charges.
- The employee who made the reservation must check in and stay at the hotel for the duration.
- Photo identification must be presented at check-in by the employee whose name appears on the reservation.
- White cards will be phased out in May and no longer accepted or required after August 2014.
- Employees are not allowed to stay at their own hotel on the employee rate.
- Contractors or Third Party Contractors are not eligible for the IHG Employee Room Benefit Programme