We visit here on a very regular basis but we can comment on the following...
1) As platinum members we still never receive an upgrade.
2) The bar is popular with the local community but as a
resident it therefore often means no seats at a weekend.
3) Rooms are nice but can be noisey at weekends the floor below the bar/restaurant/kitchen even after closing as tables get moved.
4) We love the spa area but there is always something broken.
5) As a resident you have to share a lift with hundreds of bar goers.
Now visiting in February 2017, following loads of visits in 2016 we are thinking it's tine for a change. It's nice to be told hello, we have upgraded your room and then able to sit in the bar at the weekend rather than battle with the thousands of visiting locals. Big mistake closing champagne bar. This was your opportunity to make it a residents only bar area. [Less]