There was nothing really wrong with our stay (four stars out of five), but I do have a few suggestions:
1. Because a free Continental breakfast is now such a common practice in the industry, the
website needs to make it clearer that, at this hotel, if you don't specifically click on one and pay extra for it, you won't get one; it is NOT included, and it isn't free.
2. The check-in desk needs one more employee during peak hours. The two who were there when I arrived were doing their best, but they were overwhelmed by guests needing special attention (for example, one corporate guest trying to check multiple coworkers in to multiple rooms), so the rest of us had to wait. See Item 3.
3. Cafe Nicole needs one more waitress (see Item 2). The food, drinks and bartender were absolutely excellent (five stars out of five).
4. It was humid, so the salt shakers were almost inoperative. Keep a few grains of rice in the bottoms of the salt shakers. Remember that the salt shaker tops are the ones with the LARGE holes, especially if you are using coarse salt.
5. A single flourescent light fixture above the center of the bathroom mirror just doesn't provide enough light for shaving or applying makeup, especially since the sink is off to one side.
6. The curved bathtub floor makes it a little tricky for us oldsters to be sure we are balanced.
7. The sausage was delicious, but the scrambled eggs should have been warmer. Make sure all warming trays are functioning properly and don't run out of fuel during breakfast.
8. The little blueberry waffles were good, but it would have been nice to have French toast.
9. When the coffeemaker ran out of coffee, it was refilled promptly: kudos to the staff!
10. This review editor needs to stop ignoring Carriage Returns!
As I said above, these are all minor hiccups in an overall very good stay. [Less]