So, you may think this hotel is too far from downtown Harbin and you would be right if you wanted to focus on downtown Harbin but this location has other things to offer.
The rooms are great,
stayed here twice during winter (-35C) and rooms were warm, quiet, clean, and decorated well. Both times we were upgraded to a suite so that is my reference point for the review. Staff was very friendly, spoke English fluently, and went out of their way to help when asked for anything.
The breakfast was fantastic and includes the ability to custom order things like eggs and others. Had Chinese, Western, and Japanese offerings.
Location is easy to get to:
- the Snow and Ice festival
- Indoor skiing (year around) and ski shop - it is in nearby shopping mall (5 min walk)
- easy shopping for all the outdoor ski clothes you could need
- a large movie theater complex (at noted shopping mall)
- a great Korean style BBQ restaurant and several other options within 5 minutes walk as well.
- It is still an easy taxi ride into Harin City center when you want to go
Only negative was the Club Lounge. There were not than many options for snacks at happy hour, limited beer available, no soda water available. I had to ask for plates and glasses as none were out but food and a few drinks were. I then had to ask again when I wanted a clean plate as no extras were brought out. My second stay there had similar challenges - really seems like they just haven't figured out what a club lounge is supposed to be operated like.
I docked only one star because the room and the rest of the hotel experience was truly great. [Less]