Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 317
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 Very odd room that was hard to sleep in
I had to stay at this property during a recent business trip due to a change in company per diem rates for hotels.
* Staff was very nice
* Housekeeping does a good job
* On-site restaurant (Piesanos) for lunch/ dinner was good
* Pool area looked very nice (outside on third floor) looked really nice and large with lots of chairs and tables (although I was on business and did not use)
* Fitness Area was decent although treadmill was not operational
The room (2 queen beds) was very odd in a number of ways:
* It has a large chair 'shoved' between the wall and one of the beds that would be almost impossible to sit in much less the fact that it blocks that side of the bed.
* It had desk chair that stuck out so far that it partially blocked walking by it.
* The door opens up 'backwards' in such a way that your hanging clothes (there is no closet) are visible to anyone from the hallway.
* The bathroom is so small that it is impossible to sit on the toilet without closing the door.
* The air conditioner was very noisy.
* The clearance between the door and the frame is so large, the entire room lights up from light from the hallway at night making it hard to be dark enough to sleep.
October 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by JohnMaryKSC Great Location - even better service!
Holiday Inn at University Center is one of our favorite places to visit. It's across the street from the University of Florida and a comfortable walk from a number of pubs and restaurants that dot the area. It is also steps away from major sporting events on the Gator campus - and walking is much faster than trying to navigate traffic during rush hour prior to an event.
The hotel also has an outstanding rooftop pool and a fantastic restaurant in Paisano's Pizza.
But even more critical than the location and amenities are the people who work there...the staff is simply the best in the business and will do whatever is necessary to make your stay a special one. They have never disappointed my wife and I and we have been guests here for many decades.
October 11, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Elle1991 Best location and great service
Clean rooms. Great location. Nice staff. Newspapers and fruit in lobby. Restaurants across the street and in hotel, Perfect for college visit. Facilities could use a bit of updating especially the fitness room and bathrooms.
September 27, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DMAG If you want hot water stay somewhere else
I am a regular IHG guest and I was so disappointed in the stay at this hotel. I must state that Ron and George where great to me, but after that it was down hill.
No hot water and had to call for 2 days in a row. Terrible selection for breakfast. All of the rooms are adjoining so if your female make sure you beg for a room not attached to some stranger.
September 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Terry Phillips Very Comfortable
Very comfortable accommodations, conveniently located
September 24, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by cam_man homey
Great one night stand. efficient, in and out with no hassels.
September 22, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Robquinnpc noisey, will not stay again
worst experience I've had at an IHG hotel so far. Stayed on a Friday and a Saturday night. In town on business and had to wake up at 6:00 am both mornings. Rooms surrounds a central court pool area. Even though I was told this area closed at 10:30pm people were extremely loud and in this area till 1:30 am.
So not stay at this hotel if you like sleeping. This place is run like night spot for drunks . Empty beer cans on tables in the lobby. Loud music every night at the attached bar. Closing times at the pool go uninforced.
September 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Gator2016 Staff was excellent - helpful and friendly
We enjoyed are stay and the comfort of returning to our "home away from home". We want to return for every Gator game just don't enjoy the jump in price for the "regulars". The excellent staff makes our stay five star!
September 17, 2015