Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 592
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by viajero del sur Buen balance
Precio, calidad, diseño, presentación y ubicacion. Recomiendo el hotel sin dudarlo.
February 24, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by R-burg Easy walk to Disneyland
My family of four and 2 small dogs stayed here February 17-19. The people at the front desk were very friendly. Check in was a breeze. Our room was a standard room, a bit small but the beds were very comfy! The bathroom could use some updating but it worked. We had breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant. It was pretty good. Disneyland is a very easy walk from the hotel. We did the walk several times. We also used the ART bus. Overall our stay was great and we would stay here again.
February 23, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by FarnhamFlyer Great location for Disney, comfortable, but some annoyances...
My family with 2 young children stayed for 3 nights in Holiday Inn & Suites, Anaheim - mainly chosen for its close location to Disneyland (easy 15 mins walking distance). I was extremely impressed with the very speedy room service - eg. fridge brought in immediately, as well as toiletries, etc. Staff were friendly and efficient.
The pool was very warm which was great to enjoy a swim (it could be cleaned more often as there was quite a bit of 'debris'#, the Jacuzzi was lovely, as was the Splash area, which the kids loved. The Disney decoration around the lobby was fun.
The room was quite spacious, quiet and basic needs met. There was plenty of parking and it was cheaper than some other hotels #$10/ night#. Nice touch to receive a newspaper at our door every day. Appreciated the coffee maker, although would have liked a variety of coffee options #eg. cappuccino, etc# and Tea #cos I'm British!#
Free, reasonable speed WIFI was good. Washroom amenities were good.
However, I also have some less positive feedback......
* Worst thing was the very noisy fan that turned on automatically when you switch on the washroom/ toilet light. So we had to leave the hall light on instead and the toilet door open, to avoid waking everyone up during the night. But - this light was so bright, it kept us awake.
* There is a very noisy, old fashioned Air conditioning/ heating box #no digital temp control#. It is actually effective though.
* Too soft pillows #even the 'Firm' ones#. Queen sized beds, mattresses & bedding OK.
* I saw on a website there are themed rooms which would have been great for the kids but there didn't seem to be an option to choose these, and we weren't offered one - our room was quite old fashioned with dull décor and a poor outlook of a car park #however, decent space & good selection of TV channels though#.
* Tea not offered as standard #only coffee#, needed to request #arrived promptly#.
* Buffet breakfast was disappointing and pricing confusing. There isn't a continental option, although there's a changing 'special' on the board every day, and a la carte #but ends up more expensive than the buffet#.
* Although the buffet is reasonably priced, the selection and quality is not good. There are only scrambled eggs #no over easy/ fried, boiled or poached#, the pastries were quite hard and stale. No pancakes, although this is usually an American breakfast staple. The porridge/ oatmeal, fruit and cereal were fine. It would have been nice to have various coffees - eg. latte, cappuccino - rather than basic ground coffee.
Kids eating free was a nice touch.
The TVs at each booth were turned off and no instructions #written or from staff# on how to work - if you wanted to watch it..
In the room, there was a notice to encourage guests to advise management if anything was not up to expectations. However, I did not complain about the above, as I didn't think there was anything that could be done about the room or the buffet, so no point...
Saying all of this, our stay was OK and I would stay again if it was low enough price, but I would certainly look around as there may be better options. The staff were mainly very good #Reception & housekeeping especially#. It's the hard product & food that lets it down.
February 23, 2015