Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 318
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by nursemedic76 great experience
Everything about my stay was good and I can't say enough about the wonderful staff! Looking forward to another trip.
May 1, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by nothappy27 worst hotel stay
Well we arrived in Lincoln after a long 3hr drive from topeka. We checked in and went right up to the room we noticed a nauseating smell of what smelled of rotten food and the room was really small. So I call down to the front desk and asked if they had a room that was a little bigger. The lady at the front desk did said that they had a suite available. So we moved all of our stuff to the new room and when we got there we seen that it only had one bed. My wife was so tired and frustrated that she said we should just make it work. When it came time for bed I pulled out the hide a bed and it was so worn out and dirty Looking I would not let the kids sleep on it so I had to call down to have them bring up some roll off beds. The next day I took the kids swimming and the pool water smelled stagnant so the kids did not even want to swim. Later that day I called and had our room changed again because we just had to have two beds. The room was equally as small as the first one. In the morning I got the rapid check out ticket and it should that they charge us for the suite for two nights. So I have to go down and deal with that as well. After all that I was happy to be leaving that hotel. That is sad because when ever we go out of town our first choice for a hotel is always a holiday Inn or express because of the quality experience we have there. My kids also love we they hear we are staying there but that was not the case this time. Over all this hotel really did not meet our expectations and make me question the brand a little bit. We will not stay at that hotel again
April 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by DGnebraska wonderful
Great staff and stay. Really enjoyed my time there.
April 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Spike 67 A good choice..
This hotel is well situated, just on the edge of the Haymarket, so close to good places to eat
April 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by yepp Great location and nice room
Here are 50 characters to state it was nice room and great location
April 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by NebraskaAnne Excellent Hotel in the heart of downtown Lincoln
Very convenient to stay at this hotel as it is close to downtown and the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
April 20, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by News2015 The room that time forgot
We booked a "suite" for an extended, three-day stay during a recent convention in Lincoln.
The rate was given at one day for a "weekly" rate, and then went up to the "weekend" rate for the final two days (I thought it odd, but figured it was normal business.)
The staff was attentive and helpful with our questions and concerns, which I'm going to list below, and the room that we did have was convenient with two bathrooms.
Generally speaking, I look for "creature comforts" when I stay at hotels, typically because I refuse to use regular rooms and nearly always upgrade to a "suite."
This booking, though done a week in advance, was clearly "the suite that time forgot."
* Our "suite" was clearly two rooms that had the partition removed, we had two bathrooms, but one couch, one bed and a small(ish), older television (compared to new rooms).
* The carpet was ripped in the center,
* the couch (hide-a-bed) was stapled with a hand stapler to keep the cover on, most of the cushions were worn and torn
* The chairs were nice, and comfortable, but clearly had not been vacuumed or moved to clean underneath in quite a few stays
* the shower heads were not fitted to the walls, and of pretty poor quality - the water was, as we referred to it jokingly - ULTRA-Hard (squeaky clean!)
* there was only lamp lighting (4 for a huge room, we used the balcony windows for lighting), using old fixtures with no plug ins,
* there was one accessible plug-in on the desk, none by the bed (not on the fixtures either)
* the bathrooms were missing pieces of finish work that had been ripped off the countertops
* bathrooms were well-stocked with towels and toiletries and tissues
* The hide-a-bed had a torn and very worn mattress, and though we had booked it that way, had no sheets or blankets/pillows in the room; and no closets to speak of to look for them
* There was phone cord strung along a wall and bunched on the floor
* No Internet hardwire, wireless only
* TV was old, pretty small for this day and age (maybe 32"), no HDMI ports (which cost me about $40 for adapters for my kids)
* Two A/C units that ran independently and fought each other for temperature all night
* While it was raining, our toilets backed up (and only while raining, which was odd since we were on the second floor)
* The most available plugins were two ACE brand powerstrips that were tossed on the floor, connecting the TV, fridge, lamps and microwave all at once - there was one under the "desk" as well
* Dirt and dust/cobwebs were in nearly every corner
* There were dead flies under the king bed pillows
* The window screen pull came off the window
* The balcony was scheduled to be cleaned at 7 a.m., my daughter opened the curtain and noticed someone outside sweeping away (good thing we didn't sleep with the curtain open)
* The elevators (though there were 3) were the slowest I've ever seen or used
* The "stairs" had no first floor access, you had to go to the basement and then back up stairs to the lobby area if you didn't want to wait
* The stairwell itself looked like it had last been painted during an 80s horror movie filming, and reeked of smoke
* The garage elevator was completely separate from the hotel elevator system, and the parking garage is very small in terms of driving a mid-sized car up the ramps - the staff at the garage was nice
* The pool roof was leaking while we were there, and though the pool was nice, it was regularly pretty cold
* The food in the restaurant was great, and nicely priced, and kids eat for free (not offered, but on the check and in the menu)
* The master bed was comfortable and had more than usual fare for pillows and blankets.
* The USAToday on Saturday was nice, and there's no ridiculous rule about not removing pool towels as some hotels have.
All and all, for the price, and then the increase to the "weekend rate" during our business convention, lack of upgrades in the rooms, obvious lack of attention in numerous places inside this room in particular - we weren't too impressed, especially for the request for a "suite," our business and full three day stay.
We've stayed at this location before, and didn't have too many issues, but it appears that the lobby has been fine tuned and polished, and perhaps it was just our "Frankenroom" but we will most likely head elsewhere to the newer locations in downtown Lincoln on our next stay - if it had not been for our convention right in the hotel, we would've moved the first night.
With the new convention center downtown, this location will have to do some serious upgrades to keep competitive with the new facilities (and closer facilities) in the near future.
If I had known taking pictures was an option, I would've.
April 20, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by T-H adviser Confortable and convenient
We found the staff to be professional and friendly and the hotel itself to be convenient to the venue where most of our meetings were held. It is also close to many varied eating places and shopping.
April 19, 2015