Rated 3.8 out of 5 by 1081
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by KiKi2345 Great room service.
When I called for towels, they were brought to me within (5) minutes.
March 26, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 AVOID!
Our family booked a 4 night-break in New York last September, which we’d saved for all year. Our children, aged 7,5 and 2 had been looking forward to the vacation for months.
Our debit card was charged twice by the hotel, leaving us with little funds for our final two days in the city. When my bank confirmed that this had occurred a member of their Front of House staff denied that it had been charged twice. Another member of staff finally accepted it had been. However, despite my bank insisting that the hotel was obliged to return the second payment, it took several days for it to return to our account.
Holiday Inn’s error had the following consequences:
· The double payment left us with just $150 in cash for our last two days in the city. We had to make do with this for a family of five.
· We had to cancel planned trips which ourselves and our children had looked forward to all year, such as Statue of Liberty etc.
· We had to forego dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday
· Our account was overdrawn incurring overdraft fees from our bank
· On our return to Ireland, we were horrified to discover that the money had still not been returned to our account. This had led to failed direct debit payment due for our mortgage, home insurance and car insurance. This will now affect our credit rating and may have rendered our car insurance policy void.
· We wasted all of Saturday morning dealing with this issue and another few hours on Sunday.
We were assured by their staff on Saturday that this money would be returned within 48 hours, a deadline that passed. The incident entirely ruined our vacation and our stay in the Holiday Inn Express. We were insulted with a derisory offer of breakfast for two on Saturday. Indeed, with around $50 in cash left on Sunday morning we had to pay for breakfast in the hotel! Duty Manager Michael, who did seem to empathise, arranged for transport to the airport on Sunday night as we literally did not have access to any further funds.
To exacerbate matters, however, on our departure the bellboy who brought our luggage to our taxi expressed his dismay at us being unable to furnish him with a tip. Ordinarily, we would have but, of course, due to the hotel’s error we had about $3 left in our pockets.
The entire incident has had a hugely negative impact on our experience of New York, the hotel and we were unable to afford basic day-to-day necessities until the money was returned. Furthermore, it has caused chaos in our personal finances, particularly with mortgage and insurance providers.
RUINED WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A MEMORABLE FAMILY HOLIDAY.
March 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mag1cm1ke Great service and exceptional bar
We had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The restaurant was great and had really good food. The bar was the perfect place to relax in the evening. Our bartender Alex was very attentive and really made us feel comfortable.
March 26, 2015