Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 496
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by whynot2 Excellent location great stay
From the reservation process to the final bill, everything was excellent.We stayed 2 nights, enjoyed a beautiful view of the bay (Worth it), the use of the shuttle, the garage, breakfast and friendly staff. Enjoyed the lemonade offered in the lobby
the location was very good as well
May 31, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Lolo14 Really Nice.
We've stayed at this hotel on many occasions and always have a pleasant experience. The staff is great and very helpful and it's a beautiful hotel. The location to down town Portland is fantastic - walking distance to most everything and a shuttle if you're not in the mood to walk. The rooms are very comfortable but I would suggest the street side if you're on a lower floor. I love the bay side but if you're on a lower floor, you'll also get a great view of the roof which is not so pretty. I know that can't be helped. I don't think you could find a better price in the Portland area for such an upscale hotel.
May 30, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by PortlandVisitor1 Decent Stay
Decent hotel, but over-priced rate for Saturday. Friendly staff, and Elvis was in the building.
May 29, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by B.R.G. Dinner was only OK
The hotel was very comfortable the people were very friendly but the food was only ok. There was very few options for choices and was overpriced for the value. Sorry
May 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mertin Great Service!
We stayed at the Holiday Inn by the Bay in Portland, Maine. We were attending a 3 day convention for Jehovah's Witnesses.
What an awesome experience. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The hotel is close to many establishments that we could walk. The pool and gym was a delight to use. We have absolutely no complaints!!!!
Thank you to the whole staff for making our stay so wonderful. From the front dest to how clean our room was! Thank You!!!
May 28, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by oubozfan Disappointed
I rarely write a bad review because I understand that most places are bound to have a "bad" moment. I'll list the issues we had.
1. Check in- front desk girls were less than professional. When I questioned the rate she said "no that's correct, that's the rate it has always been since I've been working here". After standing my ground she realized the mistake but still refused to admit she was wrong.
2. The room- maybe this is a personal preference but those pillows were the most uncomfortable I've used in a long time. They are very thick. The room looked towards the SE and the sun comes up just after 5:00 but they don't have adequate curtains to keep the room dark. If this is an important aspect to anyone....DONOT STAY HERE?
3. "Heated" pool- our definition of heated apparently is very different. It was down right cold and when we asked for towels (they were out). We waited for 30 minutes and placed 3 calls to resolve the issue.
4. Restaurant- overpriced and mediocre at best. Don't waste your appetite, time, or money.
5. Staff- seemed to have a smug attitude, unfriendly, and seldom helpful.
May 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jlh0930 Basic, good value
I stayed for two nights as part of a long weekend leisure visit to Portland. I didn't have a car with me, and the Holiday Inn Portland by the Bay was the best deal I could find that was easily walkable to the Old Port area. While the immediate neigborhood is nothing too special, the Portland Museum of Art, restaurants, etc. are within a few blocks and it is a pretty simple jaunt to the Old Port. Although there happened to be a line when I arrived for check-in, staff were consistently very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but clean; there was a bit of noise from the hallway but nothing too bothersome. It was nice to have a microwave and mini-fridge in the room -- I hadn't expected that. The heat/air conditioning system seemed a bit out of date, but it was more or less functional. Free wi-fi as a rewards member was a good bonus since I hate paying for wi-fi. The shuttle to the train worked out great for my departure. I would recommend this hotel if you're looking for somewhere dependable and convenient; it won't blow your mind, but it's a good value.
May 27, 2015