Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 257
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jude3 Friendly staff and clean room
The staff couldn't have been nicer. The room was very clean, the towels were wonderful, and the pool was amazing.
July 31, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by none chosen too much noise
too loud too sleep too late into the night. loud wel past 12:30
July 31, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by WTravel13 Mixed Bag
1) Fantastic paid breakfast (outside of the complimentary breakfast)
2) Very friendly and helpful staff
3) Free internet (I'm a member - I'm uncertain whether this applies to non-members)
4) Availability of a pool and fitness centre (never went to the pool to comment on it. Fitness centre looked nice.)
5) Availability of coin laundry
1) Wasn't verbally informed about the times of the complimentary breakfast upon check-in
2) Couldn't shut the blinds on the first floor room: people could see right in if they wanted to
3) Awful bathroom. There was no light, so you had to keep the door open. If you kept the door open, you couldn't easily grab toilet paper while sitting on the toilet.
July 26, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Hutch49 Comfortable Bed and Quiet Room
Easy to access, friendly staff, clean rooms and comfortable beds
July 23, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by tricia20 Home away from Home
This hotel is ideal for business or pleasure. The warm and friendly staff will make you feel as if you are at home with amenities that make you feel like you are on vacation, including a mini-arcade for the kids, a large swimming pool and a restaurant that offers a delicious and affordable menu. Even though we live in the area this hotel has become our place of retreat when we want a mini-vacation that combines the comforts of home with the perks of a getaway..
July 21, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Water.Ratz Out of control KIDS!
I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years when travelling to the Detroit area on business. One of the nights I stayed, I was kept awake by what sounded like a gang of young houligans playing soccer in the hallway on the floor directly above my room. I was finally able to get some sleep after 1:30 A.M. after calls to the front desk by both my co-worker and myself. What I would like to know is - Where are the parents of these kids? Why are they allowed to run rampant around the hotel with no supervision?
With all that said, I will still return to Holiday Inn Southgate on future visits. The staff at HI Southgate are like family to me. Friendly, attentive, and a genuinely caring bunch.
July 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by traveltime67 Excelent staff, and great location.
Everyone there was professional, and they treated us very nice. From the manager, all the way down to the maintenance man in the hallway, the people here made our stay very enjoyable. The location is perfect, close to everything, minutes from down town Detroit, yet safe and secure.
July 9, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by italianman accessible from hotel room to parking lot.
Love the stay and hope I have a firmer pillow next time.
July 9, 2015