Best Price Guarantee is our promise to guests who book directly on our branded websites. We have made additional adjustments to the Terms and Conditions to further help identify and support valid claims. We have updated timing restrictions previously required.
Best Price Guarantee: Every hotel reservation booked through an IHG web site is guaranteed to have the lowest room price (room rate) publicly available on the internet or IHG will provide the first night’s room price free and match the lower average nightly room price found for that stay for the rest of the nights of that stay, under the following terms and conditions:
- Book. Complete a valid (meaning a complete booking with an approved credit card) room booking with the lowest available price (room rate) on any IHG website for any IHG branded hotel using the “Best Available Rate Search.”
- Best Price Guarantee. If you find a lower room price for a one-night stay, or a lower average nightly room price for a multi-night stay, on a non-IHG website within 24 hours after booking on one of IHG’s websites for the same stay, we will provide you with the first night’s room price at the IHG hotel free and match the lower average nightly price found for your entire stay for the rest of the nights of your stay after verification of the lower average nightly price.
- Reporting an IHG of a Claim. Contact us using the online claim form or by contacting the Best Price Guarantee Support Desk within twenty-four (24) hours after your booking on any IHG website to make a claim under the Best Price Guarantee. The average nightly lower room price must be available for booking at the time of claim verification and must be lower than that found on an IHG website, as determined by IHG customer service representatives.
- Matching Rooms. The Best Price Guarantee is available only for the exact same room type. For example, if you book a king bed with a sofa bed room type on an IHG website, and are comparing it to a non-IHG website, you must find a price with the same king bed with sofa bed room type on the other website.
- Matching Terms. All terms for the room price, including, but not limited to pre-payment, deposit or other requirements must be equal to terms found on an IHG website to be used for comparison. For example, when you book a room that may be cancelled without penalty on an IHG website, you may not compare it to a room with a pre-paid or non-refundable price on a non-IHG website. The Best Price Guarantee is not available for bookings on websites where the booking details are unknown until after purchase.
- Matching Prices. For multi-night stays, the average nightly room price found on a non-IHG website will be compared to the average nightly room price for your multi-night reservation on the IHG website. The room price on the non-IHG website must be available in the currency of the hotel. The average nightly price must be a minimum difference of 1% or $1 USD (or the equivalent in the hotel’s currency) of the IHG room price, whichever is higher. Any taxes, tariffs or fees imposed by a governmental authority (e.g., federal, state or local) will not be considered as part of the Best Price Guarantee claim. The room price must be quoted, booked, and paid for in the currency of the hotel. The Guarantee does not include extra fees such as extra person charges, except as stated in paragraph
6.b. below. Regardless of the number of lower prices found, only one free night will be awarded per stay. For valid claims, each additional night’s room price during the stay will be lowered to match the average nightly price for the entire stay found on the non-IHG website.
6. b. Japan. In Japan and on the ANA website , the room price does include extra person fees. ANA hotels are not eligible for Best Price Guarantee rooms, but all other IHG hotels on the ANAIHG website are eligible.
- Comparison Prices Must Be Available to the General Public Online. The Best Price Guarantee applies only to prices both advertised and available to the general public on a non-IHG website at the time of verification. For example, this does not include prices offered on membership program websites; corporate discounts; negotiated prices; group, rewards program, incentive, meeting, convention, consolidator or interline prices; prices obtained via auction or similar process; or prices available only by using a coupon or other promotion not offered to the general public. The average nightly lower price may not come from a website where you call to get the price, or from an e-mail that you received.
- Packages Comparison. "Room prices that include food or beverage items such as breakfast or dinner, entertainment items such as tickets to a show, and/or free local calls, parking or other bundled items will be considered as packages. These package or inclusive prices must be compared to prices with the same type of inclusive items."
- Rewards Points. IHG® Rewards Club points are determined based on the price actually paid by the guest at the time of check out, assuming the price otherwise qualifies for points. Points are not awarded on free nights. The Best Price Guarantee does not apply to IHG® Rewards Club Award Nights booked on an IHG website.
- Free Night Restrictions. Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person will be accepted for the same date. In the event of a valid claim, reservations are non-transferable after the claim is found to be valid, and the name on the reservation must remain the same as when the claim is verified. Valid government issued ID is required upon check-in that matches the name found on the reservation. Employees of any IHG company or employees at any IHG hotel are not eligible for the Best Price Guarantee.
- Verification of Claims. All claims are subject to verification by IHG. IHG must be able to verify the lower price (and, for multi-night stays, the average lower price) found on the non-IHG website at the time the claim is processed and verify that the price at the time of verification is lower than that found on IHG’s websites.
- Changes. IHG reserves the right to modify, restrict availability, or discontinue the Best Price Guarantee, at any time, for any or no reason, and without prior notice or liability to you. The IHG Best Price Guarantee Terms and Conditions that are in effect at the time of your booking will determine your eligibility under the Best Price Guarantee. IHG reserves the right to cancel a previously awarded free night and to cancel the lower prices for the rest of the nights of a multi-night reservation if it is found that a customer has knowingly violated or circumvented the Best Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions.
- Definitions. A “non-IHG website” is defined as a website not owned by IHG, that sells IHG rooms’ inventory directly to consumers, and that provides a confirmation of a completed reservation at the moment of completion of that reservation. Sites that do not reveal the hotel brand name until after the payment has been completed (including bidding sites) do not qualify for this Guarantee. A “stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel location, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out.
Published on 08/15/12