Been here several times, but my first stay in a new Executive Club room. On arrival day, my suitcase, which I exchanged for a ticket at the driveway, was not delivered to my room even 1 hour after
checking in and handing over my ticket at the Exec Club lounge. Called down to the Exec lounge, fearing the worst that it had been lost, but it came very rapidly after my call. I should add that the Exec Club lounge staff were all totally professional and helpful during my stay.
As for the "newly renovated club room", I am sorry, but I felt poor design and too many corners had been cut:
1. No hand towels in the bathroom, just mid and large sized towels.
2. No bathtub, only shower
3. The shower mat when put down right outside the shower gets moved when you open the shower door.
4. Shower door did not shut properly - leaks.
5. No closet, just an open rack to hang your clothes.
6. No clothes brush (but thanks for the ironing board and umbrella).
7. TV is fixed in front of the bed, does not swivel round so you can watch it at the desk or sofa.
8. No envelopes/large-size writing paper - Sign of the times I guess, but I still use many envelopes to put different currencies and coins in when I travel, and large paper for brainstorming/doodling.
9. No international plug sockets by the desk - still 2 old HK ones. You kindly provided 1 adaptor, but most people ideally need at least 3 international plug sockets for using/recharging PC, smartphone, tablet etc - and that is just for 1 person!
The location, value, and warmth of the staff of HI Golden Mile always wins it for me when I come to Hong Kong for business, but I hope you can address the above issues to make the new Club rooms a little more pleasant. [Less]