I have stayed at two different properties at the old town area this time. Old town has a lot of charm and therefore having an IHG properties to choose from is pretty nice.
What I like about the
1. It's a big hotel. Although it looks a bit dated from the outside. The lobby and guest room are fairly updated
2. The guest room is pretty spacious. Internet works fine, outlets are easily accessible
3. Since the location is slightly off the main attractions, the hotel has shuttle services going to-from the airport as well as King St. which is about 5-10 mins away
What I see the disadvantages:
1. The location dictates a huge part whether your choice of stay is valuable. Unfortunately, this particular Holiday Inn is a bit off the main path and lose the battle with other hotel in the same class
2. The service from the staff is ok. It's standard but not particularly outstanding. The power of smile cannot be ignored
3. The maid told there are no towels available when I approached her in the morning in hopes to get additionals. She was nice and jotted my room no., so on the service end, she did everything right. But I couldn't understand why the hotel is running low on towels especially it wasn't a busy weekend by any means....
4. I don't like the set up of the bar. It's odd. There's nothing that drawn you to use their F [Less]