As soon as we approached the entrance to the lobby, there was a significant odor of cigarette smoke. The odor permeated the lobby, and since the 2nd floor was open to the lobby, the odor was apparent
on the 2nd floor. This is supposed to be a non-smoking facility.
We were a large family group with several rooms. When we opened the door to one of our king rooms, the smell of smoke was overwhelming and those guests had to be moved. Another family's room also clearly smelled of smoke, but was not as bad and they agreed to stay rather than move. The stairwells were also clearly used as smoking areas and were unable to be used comfortably. Although we have family in the area and visit yearly, we will not stay there again because of the smoke. [Less]