Sehenswürdigkeiten in der näheren Umgebung
- Buchanan Galleries Shopping Centre - 1.2 km
- Princes Square Shopping Centre - 0.75 km
- Celtic Football Stadium, Parkhead - 4.1 km
- Glasgow Science Centre - 3.2 km
- The SSE Hydro Arena - 2.6 km
- Riverside Museum of Transport & Technology - 4.1km
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum - 3.8 km
- Glasgow Royal Concert Hall - 2.3 km
- Hampden Park Stadium - 4.5 km
- SEC Armadillo Auditorium - 3.1 km
- O2 Academy Glasgow - 1.3 km
- Kelvin Hall - 3.8 km
- Tennent Caledonian Breweries - 2.4 km
- Rangers Football Club, Ibrox Stadium - 4.6 km
- Soar at Intu Braehead - 10 km
- Sir Chris Hoy Velodrome - 4 km
- Emirates Arena (Commonwealth Arena)
- Tollcross International Swimming Centre - 5.8 km
- St Enoch Shopping Centre - 0.35 km
- Merchant City shops, dining, bars - 0.7 km
Name der Stadt: GLASGOW
Wegbeschreibung vom Stadtzentrum zum Hotel: Süden
Nächstgelegenes Kongresszentrum: Scottish Exhibition Centre
Entfernung zum Hotel: 1.93 MI/ 3.1 KM Westen
Lebensmittelgeschäft: 0.12 MI/ 0.2 KM Nordost
Golf: 2.24 MI/ 3.6 KM Nordost
Glasgow Riverside Museum is 15 minutes' drive from the hotel and crammed with exhibits conveying the history of transport. You can clamber aboard a tram and a steam locomotive plus stroll streets representing the city in yesteryear. It's worth a visit for architecture buffs just to see the museum's striking metallic building, which was designed by Zaha Hadid.
Glasgow's famous Style Mile is only five minutes' walk from the hotel. A wander through the buzzy, mostly pedestrianised streets and arcades will take you past chain stores, local fashion boutiques and jewellery stores. For upscale fashion and electronics head to the renovated Victorian buildings of the Merchant City district, 10 minutes' walk from the hotel.
Lassen Sie sich dies nicht entgehen
You can take in performances by leading international musicians at the contemporary SSE Hydro indoor arena, less than two miles from the hotel at the Scottish Event Campus. The 12,000-capacity venue also hosts sporting events. The facade is illuminated at night, making it an iconic riverside landmark. You can also attend gigs at Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, a short walk from the hotel.
Why not take a tour of the Art Nouveau buildings designed by celebrated architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh? Climb the stairs of The Lighthouse on Buchanan Street, 15 minutes' walk from the hotel, for panoramic views of the city. You can end the tour by treating yourself to Champagne Afternoon Tea in the elegant Willow Tea Rooms, a 20-minute walk from the hotel.