Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 480
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by 4n6GUY One night stay in Pittsburgh
Standard Holiday Inn Express. Nice staff, good layout. I just like a "fresher" breakfast. Not sure the eggs aren't powdered and I'm started to care about what I put in the tank quite a bit. I can always go somewhere and get breakfast tho :)
November 23, 2015
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by ouch convenient to Carson Street
Spent the weekend. Hotel is convenient and cool looking. Staff is friendly and professional. However, bathroom was filthy. Shelf had thick dust and under sink was never cleaned. Next year when I return to Pittsburgh I'll probably stay elsewhere.
November 21, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mcpickle One staff member for check in
Check in 4PM Saturday ... very busy. Hotel had one staff member working check in. Numerous guests were checked into NOT cleaned rooms, and had to come back to front desk to have room changed. Waited over 1 hour to check into room, causing missed dinner reservation.
Shuttle was shut down during this time also.
Guests parked waiting for check in blocked the parking lot entrance / exit. No staff was onsite to manage this either.
Overall, checking experience was horrible. Otherwise hotel was clean.
November 18, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by luke22 If noise is a concern for you don't book this hotel
1. There is a rail right next to the hotel where trains are coming every hour or so during entire night while they HONK pretty Loudly when passing by the hotel.
2. Breakfast is an absolute disaster for a person who eats gluten-free and sugar-free food. There was literally nothing to eat for me. Absolutely ZERO vegetables. Very very disappointing
3. High-Speed Internet as proclaimed by the hotel? Forget about it. First 2 days unable to watch youtube videos and no chance to use the skype for calling due to absolutely miserable internet speed (0.25 Mbps). This is by far high speed internet. When claimed to the reception couple of times all the times asked by receptionist that I better call the internet provider. Shouldn't be this taken care of by the hotel???
4. There is no wardrobe in the room. You have to leave your clothes in the drawers.
5. It is not possible to open the window so the only way to get "a fresh" air to allow in is to turn on the AC (even in November).
November 16, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by jk@3 hotel ok
internet bill had additional charges but final bill was correct???
November 16, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by mmkk Very Relaxing
Hotel staff was friendly and helpful throughout stay.
November 13, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Future Empty Nester Little gem in Pittsburgh near Carnegie Mellon
My son and I went on a college tour at Carnegie Mellon recently and stayed at this hotel. I never choose Holiday Inns b/c I'm trying to bank rewards points with other hotel chains, however now all that has changed. I have a number of trips planned over the next year (college tours, running races, vacations) and no doubt I'll give HI a call. The beds were very comfortable, so much so I told my husband who stayed home with our other son that we need a new bed. That, or we move into a Holiday Inn I suppose. Try this place. Also, Pittsburgh is fabulous. I had no idea. Beautiful city.
November 10, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Dohpap The Pitts in Pittsburgh !
This hotel is under staffed and grossly miss-managed. The rooms aren't maintained or cleaned properly and it's almost impossible to speak with a Hotel Manager. I wouldn't recommend this Hotel and definitely will not stay there again.
November 9, 2015