Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 190
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jaffarz Relaxing stay with some service hiccups
The resort is built on a cliff overlooking the sea. On arrival the view from the lobby is breathtaking. The Air Bar is a beautiful place to soak in the view while watching the sunset. We also felt that the food on the Thai-themed dinner at Amber was very good.
The experience would have been stellar if not for a few hiccups which really should not happen at a hotel of this calibre.
1. Turndown service repeatedly at 6-7pm despite me requesting 9pm on the check-in form. Why bother with this option if it is not followed?
2. Butler service (for club guests) is a bit of a gimmick. We did not see our butler at all during our stay except during tea time. There was no way to contact our butler directly to handle our requests (unlike the Intercontinental Danang, where we were given a mobile phone).
3. There was a wedding on Saturday but we were only informed about this on Friday night. More advanced warning should be given especially since the property isn't big and the noise produced from the event was substantial.
4. Panoramic suites and pool villas list "bliss monkeys" as an in-room amenity but they are actually chargeable! I don't have an issue with this but I suggest removing it from the website.
5. No towels at the main pool at 6pm on 2 consecutive days. That is quite unacceptable.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much but minor issues like the above should have been avoided.
April 28, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by JoJo TW Stunning sight, disappointing hardware
the sea-view is absolutely stunning, but we encountered some odor issue. The room(315) smelled moldy and we had to contact the front-desk and asked to switch to another room. The response was swift and we were relocated to a new room(307) in 10min. However the new room still had slight moldy smell, and we wouldn't bother to change again and had to light some candle to get rid of the smell.
April 23, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Tatty123 Great service and problem handling
Besides the fact that I was ackowledged as an IHG Rewards Club member, the staff at the head of the General Manager was efficient and proactive as well as responsive to my requests. The food was great, however timing can be improved.
April 20, 2015