Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 436
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Dom427 Fantastic Staff at a Beautiful location
The Staff at the Intercontinental where amazing! We were made to fell very welcome from the moment we arrived to the second we left. Nothing was ever to hard.
Facilities are outstanding and the resort is position next to a beautiful clear ocean. Have built some great family memories.
Definitely a must for a secluded getaway and some time to relax. Will be back for sure!
April 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by SarahLN Always a pleasure.
We love staying at the InterContinental properties, especially the InterContinental Fiji Resort.
Or most recent stay at the Fiji Resort was in April 2015, and our previous in October 2012.
Without going into it too much, the resort looks run down in certain areas (lounge area inside Kama Bar in particular), but nothing unexpected in our 2+ year absence.
The staff are always the highlight of our stay, their friendly welcome is always heartfelt. Special mention to Samu who always ensures the kids are enjoying the daily activities the resort has to offer (in particular, the always entertaining hermit crab race!)
Some areas for improvement:
1. Laundry Services: We paid for the laundry package ($150FJD), however found the service to be slow and tedious. We were constantly asking for a new laundry bag and laundry form, which made us feel there our package purchase was un-welcomed.
2. Pillows: The most uncomfortable pillows I have EVER slept on, and when we requested firmer pillows, we were just given an extra two of the same.
3. Bathroom Amenities: Having stayed at other InterContinental properties, I found the lack of included bathroom amenities below standard for a resort of this level. Perhaps look beyond soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Perhaps some earbuds, showercaps, and even toothbrushes or nail filers would be much appreciated.
Nevertheless, we would gladly return to the InterContinental Fiji Resort, and recommend to friends and family.
April 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Little Aussie Battler Stunning Resort
Stayed at the resort as part of the 80 strong wedding party for my granddaughters wedding on the beach . A truly memorable experience
April 30, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Stef77 Fiji intercontinental Golf Resort and Spa
What a fabulous place to visit! We've had the most amazing holiday at the Fiji intercontinental Golf Resort and Spa once again and really looking forward to returning by the end of this year! The staff are truly fantastic and absolutely adored our three little kids (7,5 and 3). They couldn't get enough of the fun-filled Kids Club "Planet Trekkers" with the best childcare staff I've ever seen. I almost wanted to attend as an adult,... There was fish feeding, basket making, frog races, hermit crab races, learning fijian songs, fire lighting ceremonies... so much entertainment for our little ones. They were asking every morning to be allowed to attend again! My husband and myself got pampered at the heavenly Spa. What a retreat! Wow,... We're still on cloud nine and can't wait to visit again. I really loved the "Yummy Mummy Package".
I can only highly recommend this resort to anyone who's visiting Fiji! It would have to be the best resort on the island. The location, gardens, resort facilities, pools, restaurants, private nannies and the SPA are absolutely amazing and absolutely all staff members are sooo nice, friendly, welcoming and always helpful! Nothing was ever too much to ask for and the overall service was exceptional! Instead of 5, I'd happily give this resort 6 stars!
Thanks so much Intercontinental Golf Resort and Spa in Fiji! We've had the best holiday and can't wait to return!!!
April 29, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Chattyflak Unparalleled hospitality and experience
From the moment that we set foot on this property until the time we left the experience was amazing. First off the landscaping is breathtaking. The villas are smartly designed to fit perfectly in the Fiji aesthetic with gorgeous lush greenery in the background, and the heavenly ocean topping it all off. The resort is big without feeling big and is easily traversed. At every turn we were greeted by genuinely attentive staff whose mission was to ensure that we were happy and were having a great experience. Everyone is so happy, always smiling, and greeted us with a joyous "bula!" We received a welcoming gift upon arrival, then a flower arrangement from housekeeping, followed by wine when we upgraded to a club suite, and then another gift in that room. We experienced both the main resort rooms and the club two bedroom plunge suite. We had a great room in the main resort that was on the first floor with a walkway out to the beach. The outdoor bath is luscious and the Pure Fiji bath milk was divine. The room was quite spacious with the 3 part bathroom. While we were happy there, the 2 bedroom suite was amazing. At 1,700 square feet it was bigger than my house! The living and dining room was huge and the couch could sit about 8 people! We were on the first floor with the plunge pool which meant that we had an actual backyard. The complimentary snack bar was quite nice. The high tea and treats were lovely. The happy hour was even better. The selection of drinks were great (by comparison the club level in Sydney didn't include tequila only certain liqors) and the canapés were enough for a meal. The food was top notch. And the butler service meant that there was always someone at your side waiting on you. The manager invited us to a private reception on our 2nd night which was classy and gave us the opportunity to meet and mingle with other guests. You don't need to make other plans when you stay there because the resort puts out a weekly calendar of activities that includes organized trip to the farmers market, to the local school, to tour an island cave, to visit a local village or church etc. they also offered yoga, free diving lessons and more. We had considered leaving for a day trip but decided we were too happy at the resort to do so. And the seashells on the beach are amazing (it's on the coral coast). I found enough to make about 8 pairs of earrings. And we actually saw a real blue starfish! The beach is a seashell hunters paradise! Shaun, the director of Guest services, and Ravikash, the manager of the club level were total class acts! They actually met us at reception to wish us a farewell when we left. The hospitality at this resort is truly unparalleled. I have stayed at numerous InterContinental properties and this one is bar far the best! No one else comes close. I highly recommend staying here. You won't be disappointed!
April 29, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Cakienne Great Service
The best experience ever and will recommend this Resort to families and friends.
April 28, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Searles Mostly great experience...
We really enjoyed our stay at The Intercontinental. Everything about the resort felt relaxing and luxurious which is exactly what we needed. We were very grateful for the early check in and complimentary upgrade aswell - it certainly added to the experience. There were just two things that we would mention that meant that we weren't able to give a perfect score.
1. Beds - The beds were quite uncomfortable. We both struggled to sleep the whole time we were there. Also the decorative pillows smelt like BO which probably meant the covers hadn't been cleaned in a while. Also there was a light outside our bedroom window that stayed on the whole night and as there was no curtain or blind, it meant it shone in and was quite hard to sleep through as well. There may have been a switch that we didn't see but maybe next time if the staff mention that it is left on all night unless we want it off. It could also be a safety thing - if so I would recommend blinds.
2. Navo Restaurant - We had our last dinner at the Navo restaurant as a treat on our Honeymoon. We were really excited to experience the fine dining that the Intercon has to offer. Unfortunately we were left feeling a little disppointed. It all started well and we were introduced to our waiter for the night which was great. From there though our drinks were forgotten not once but twice. Our red wine was then served in chilled white wine glasses which wasn't the end of the world I will admit, we just expected a little better for a fine dining restaurant. Also the staff seemed very flustered as well. We ended up having about three of four different waiters/waitresses that served us which again wasn't a problem as if one forgot something we could get the other to get it. We ordered entrees and mains. The meals all in all were nice but they did take a very long time to come out to us. My husband meal must've been sitting there for a while because it was luke warm when he received it. There was no getting the attention of any staff either cause we were normally having to wait 10-15mins to get any ones attention. So for our 'fine dining' experience, we were left feeling quite gutted especially for the prices - you kind of expect the service to reflect.
Apart from that though, we were really happy with our stay. The rooms were set out beautifully, the people were friendly, the adults only breakfast at Navo was top notch and the spa was sensational! It really was the nicest spa experience that we have had. We would definitely come back.
April 27, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Richnz1002 Classy Resort on Every Level
We have just finished 4 glorious days holiday over this recent long weekend and what an absolute pleasure it was staying there, for our first visit to this resort. We were lucky to be able to leave the kids at home, and having been to Fiji quite often, we have on a few occasions been disappointed by the below average food and / or service.
The Intercontinental is different and its truly world class, with its slick service, wide variety of tasty food and nibbles, and the excellent value on offer. They understand what is important in a weekend getaway to enable relaxation and the full "Bula" experience. This getaway was an absolute treat and we highly recommend anyone to go there on their next Fijian holiday. We'll be going back again for sure!
April 27, 2015