A refuge in the capital of cool.
With its clock tower and striking Victorian architecture, The Principal Manchester is an unmistakable landmark in the city's skyline. A magnificent, terracotta Grade II listed building, the hotel has a history dating back to 1890, when it first opened as The Refuge Assurance Company headquarters. Opposite Oxford Road Station and just a 10-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly, The Principal Manchester is perfectly placed for business travel and weekend getaways, and is close to many of the city’s attractions.
Languages Spoken by Staff
- Guide Dogs Allowed
- Wheelchair accessible guestrooms are furnished with grab bars in the shower and emergency pull cords at the bedside. The front entrance of the hotel is accessible likewise all areas throughout the hotel for wheelchair use including our meeting rooms. For further information, feel free to contact the hotel directly.
- Guestroom Accessibility Details
- Wheelchair Accessible Closets
- Furniture can be rearranged for added space
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms & Routes
- Bathroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Bedroom Cord/Button Emergency System
- Grab Bars/Adequate Maneuvering Space/Tall Toilets
- Adequate Turning Space
- Padded Plumbing/Clearance Beneath Vanity
- Elevator Accessibility Details
- All Level Elevator Access
- Wheelchair Accessible Elevator
- Elevator Near Accessible Rooms
- Public Area Accessibility Details
- Public Restroom: Padded Plumbing/Vanity Clearance
- Public Restroom: Wheelchair Accessible Stalls
- Wheelchair Accessible Hotel Entrance
- Wheelchair Available
- Wheelchair Accessible Public Restroom
- Restaurant Wheelchair Seating
- Public Facilities Accessible
- Parking Accessibility Details
- Flat Terrain Between Parking/Entrance
- Wheelchair Accessible Curb Cuts/Street Parking
- Your four legged friend is welcome, in our hotel, your pet is also on vacation. There is an additional charge of 30 GBP per room per night per dog.
- Standard Rooms, Suites, Business Centre, Public Areas and Meeting Convention Space
- Manchester International Airport (MAN)
- Estimated taxi Cost : 25 GBP
- Estimated time by taxi : 25 minutes
- Train charge (one way): null GBP
- Daily self parking fee : 20 GBP
- The hotel does not have an onsite car park. You could however park at the NCP Car Park on Whitworth Street located 5 minutes away from the hotel.