FAMILY WEEKEND GETAWAY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Family Weekend Getaway Contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of entry. Employees of Six Continents Hotels, Inc., CMGRP, Inc. D/B/A Weber Shandwick, Ogilvy & Mather, TravelingMom, LLC ("TravelingMom"), HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies and franchisees of Six Continents Hotels, Inc., as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's and Administrator's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on July 14, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 27, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). TravelingMom.com's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, visit www.travelingmom.com. Follow the links (http://goo.gl/forms/qN831JbRXO) and instructions to complete the online registration form. You will need to log into or create a Google account to access the form. Creating a Google account is free. You must enter the following into the online form: your name, valid email address, zip code, and an essay that describes why you and your family deserve a long weekend family getaway at a Staybridge Suites® hotel. Your essay should not exceed one thousand five hundred (1,500) characters and must be in English. Your essay will herein be referred to as your Submission.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it conforms to the Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below and that Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Submission fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
· The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· Entrant must have permission from all individuals mentioned in the Submission (if any) to use their name and likeness in the Submission and to grant the rights set forth herein. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
· The Submission must not contain text that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
Limit: Each entrant may enter the Contest one (1) time during the Contest Period. Submissions received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute regarding any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the Contest entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
6. Sponsor's Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Released Parties (as defined in Section 11, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be void.
7. Winner Determination: After the conclusion of the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the potential winners from among all eligible Submissions received, based on an application of the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”):
· Creativity/Originality of the Submission (30%).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the higher score in "Submission demonstrates why entrant and his/her family deserve the "getaway," as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the potential winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than the stated number of winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone on or around August 5, 2015. Except where prohibited, each potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release (further described below in Section 10), which must be received by Administrator within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release, or does not comply with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to a runner-up determined by the qualified judges, in Sponsor's sole discretion. Up to three (3) alternate winners may be determined and notified, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
9. Prizes: THREE (3) GRAND PRIZES: A three (3) night stay in a Staybridge Suites hotel for winner and up to four (4) guests in one suite (number of bedrooms and baths to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) completed no later than September 30, 2015; a $250 MasterCard gift card (Terms and Conditions apply); a 7" Kindle HD and a $50 Amazon.com gift card.
Prize does not include any transportation. Winner is responsible for transportation to and from selected property. Winner must complete the stay by September 30, 2015 or prize will be forfeited. Winner must provide a ranked order list of property locations and dates within the above stated time frame. Sponsor will arrange for the stay based on availability. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation meals, beverages, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless children of winner, travel companions must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
The actual value of electronic prizes is subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, any gap in time between the date the ARV is estimated for purposes of these Official Rules and the date the prize is awarded or redeemed. Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Except as required by law, Amazon.com Gift Cards ("GCs") cannot be transferred for value or redeemed for cash. GCs may be used only for purchases of eligible goods on Amazon.com or certain of its affiliated websites. For complete terms and conditions, see www.amazon.com/gc-legal. GCs are issued by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., a Washington corporation. ©,®™ Amazon.com Inc. and/or its affiliates, 2013. No expiration date or service fees.
Approximate Retail Value: $800. Actual value will vary based on selected property and timing for the stay. Winner will not receive the difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize shall signify each winner’s express agreement and consent to share a suggested minimum number of five (5) to ten (10) photos and three (3) video clips of him/herself as well as his/her travel companions while at the Staybridge Suites property. The photos and videos should display winner and travel companions use of the Staybridge Suites amenities. Winner must be the parent or legal guardian of any child or children under 18 years of age in the photos and videos they submit, or have written permission from the parent or legal guardian for Sponsor to use the photo/video. Winners agree that Sponsor shall own the photos and videos ("Content") that Sponsor and its designees shall have the right to edit, exploit, adapt, distribute, post, create derivative works of, and otherwise use the Content, in whole or in part, together with Grand Prize winner’s name, city, state, Submission and/or prize information, and in combination with other materials, in any manner, for any advertising, promotional, trade, commercial or other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration to winner or any third party, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties (as defined in Section 11, below) and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
11. Release: By receipt of any prize, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, CMGRP, Inc. D/B/A Weber Shandwick, Ogilvy & Mather, TravelingMom, Administrator and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Winners' guests (or parental/legal guardians if under the age a majority) must also agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.