INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Intercontinental Ambassador Terms & Conditions
- As an IHG® Rewards Club member, you may also purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status entitles you to higher levels of recognition and to all published benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status valid only at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide. Standard IHG® Rewards Club benefits apply when you stay at other hotels within the IHG family of brands - Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, EVEN™ Hotels, HUALUXE™, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
- If you have InterContinental Ambassador status, you are subject to all IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador status and the Royal Ambassador referral certificate may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits apply only to the member’s personal room.
- Only IHG® Rewards Club members may purchase InterContinental Ambassador status. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who have not achieved Gold Elite status will be automatically upgraded to the Gold Elite membership level. A non IHG® Rewards Club member who purchases InterContinental Ambassador status will automatically be enrolled in IHG® Rewards Club at the Gold Elite membership level.
- IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not transferable.
- IHG® Rewards Club members with InterContinental Ambassador status will be invited to renew every year. In order to continue receiving InterContinental Ambassador benefits, IHG® Rewards Club members must pay an InterContinental Ambassador renewal fee every year prior to membership expiration.
- The accrual of room nights towards Royal Ambassador status is not applicable in conjunction with airline crew rates or to long-stay residents at their extended-stay hotel, defined as a continuous stay of 90 days or more.
- InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not available to airline crew members for crew stays.
- InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not available when staying on the IHG Employee or Friends & Family rates.
- Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two consecutive nights paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG® hotel brands). The Certificate is valid for one complimentary room night on the second night of a paid Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" booking and may only be booked on intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend or by contacting the Ambassador Service Centre at email@example.com. The Certificate is not valid on any other rates. Advance reservations required. Rooms on the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" are subject to availability. The original Certificate must be presented at time of check-in to the hotel or the hotel may decline the booking. One Certificate may be used per stay. 'Weekend' is determined as follows: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental Ambassador status, and are not transferable. Sale or barter of the Certificate will render it void. The Certificate is valid for room and tax only. Reward Nights do not apply in conjunction with the Certificate. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.
- InterContinental Ambassador Benefits: A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned upon check-in to InterContinental Ambassadors. InterContinental Ambassadors will be entitled to a late checkout time of 4:00 pm. Ambassadors receive fresh fruit and water in their room on arrival, with mineral water replenished daily. Ambassadors receive a personalised welcome letter and in-room gift. Ambassadors are entitled to one free Pay-TV film per stay (where a cost is applicable). Ambassadors with IHG® Rewards Club Platinum status are entitled to guaranteed room availability with 72 hours advance reservation. When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay TV film per stay, 24 hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable). Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy. Any Club Lounge access given to Ambassadors is solely at the discretion of the hotel and is not a benefit that is included in Ambassador status.
- Royal Ambassador Status: Royal Ambassador status is the highest level of status and entitles Ambassador members to additional benefits at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts. Royal Ambassador status is granted to Ambassador members by invitation and at IHG® Rewards Club sole discretion. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to limit the number of members with Royal Ambassador status. Royal Ambassador’s receive Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit IHG® Rewards Club approval, may a reservation be declined. Early check-in (8:00 am) shall be available to all Royal Ambassadors. An upgrade to an Executive room, Club InterContinental room or a Suite for Royal Ambassadors at check-in is guaranteed. Where a Club InterContinental room is given, Club lounge access must also be given. Club lounge access otherwise is only to be given at the discretion of the hotel and is not a benefit. The type of room upgrade allocated is at the discretion of the hotel. Exceptions: At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, and InterContinental Resort Tahiti) upgrades to the next room category and 4pm late check-out are not guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Ambassador members who book through a third party website or Tour Operator. The following Suites are not included in the upgrade policy for Ambassadors & Royal Ambassadors: InterContinental Hong Kong: Signature Suites (Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, Presidential Suite). InterContinental Park Lane: Signature Suites. InterContinental Sydney: Australia Suite, State Suite and Governor Suites. InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort: Penthouse, Beach Villa, Rock Villa, 2 bed Rock Villa and Royal Residence. InterContinental San Francisco: Bay Suite, Terrace Suite, Presidential Suite. InterContinental Athenaeum Athens: Presidential Suite. InterContinental Adelaide: King Diplomatic Suite and King Presidential Suite. InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya: Nizhinsky – Diplomatic Suite, Duncan – Diplomatic Suite, Ulanova – Presidential Suite. InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam: Presidential Suite (includes Executive Presidential Suite, Executive Presidential Twin room & Executive Presidential Junior Suite), Dom Perignon Suite (includes Executive Dom Perignon Suite & Executive Dom Perignon Junior Suite). InterContinental Berlin: All Club Suites & Presidential Suite. In circumstances where an executive room, Club InterContinental room or a suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room, Club InterContinental room or the Suite is available later on the day of arrival. Use of all in-hotel health club facilities (where available) shall be complimentary for Royal Ambassadors. Treatments such as massage, facials, manicure may incur charges. Beverages are complimentary from the mini-bar in the Royal Ambassador’s personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non-beverage items). Void where prohibited by law. Royal referral certificate: Each certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of issue and only one certificate is redeemable per member per year. Members who have themselves been referred are not eligible to make a nomination.
- Royal Ambassador Criteria: Royal Ambassador status is by invitation only. To qualify for invitation to Royal Ambassador status, an Ambassador member must: During their membership year, stay at least 60 qualifying nights in any IHG® properties including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, HUALUXE™, EVEN™ Hotels, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites. At least 20 of these qualifying nights must be at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. The member must also stay at 3 or more different InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties. SCH reserves the right to change these criteria at any time and without prior notification. Existing Royal Ambassador members must meet the criteria listed within the last 365 days from the expiry date of the status. Rewards Nights do not qualify towards Royal Ambassador status.
- InterContinental Alliance Resorts properties: The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts -
All Ambassador benefits apply at The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts with the exception of the in-room gift. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival however will not be replenished daily. The complimentary daily newspaper also is excluded as this is included in the resort fee. Royal Ambassador Benefits: Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador member benefits apply at these InterContinental Alliance Resorts with the exception of Mini-Bar: Royal Ambassador members will receive a $100 credit from the resort toward the mini-bar per stay.
- IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits are provided where available, at the sole discretion of IHG, and shall be considered void where prohibited by law.
- SCH reserves the right to restrict, suspend or cancel the InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and discontinue the IHG® Rewards Club membership of any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or these Terms and Conditions, in SCH’s sole discretion.
- SCH may amend the InterContinental Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
Updated 24 November 2014