Kej 13 Noemvri bb, Skopje, 1000
The Stone Bridge on the river Vardar, symbol of Skopje, built in the 15-th century is a connection between its new and old parts. This bridge is known as a place of execution of Duke Karpos, King of Kumanovo,1689.
Samoilova bb, Skopje, 1000
The Fortress Kale-with its location dominates over the city valley. The first walls of the fortress were built on the very same place, in the beginning of the 6-th century. Located over the city, there is a marvelous view on the centre of Skopje.
Makarie Frckovski 8, Skopje, 1000
Built in the beginning of the 19-th century known for its exquisite wood carved iconostasis, carved from 1817 until 1824 . Inside the compound theres also the grave of Macedonian revolutionary Goce Delcev (1872-1903), for whom there is a small museum too.
Dolna Matka bb, Skopje, 1000
The Matka Canyon covers an area of about 5,000 hectares. The ravine is spectacular, with many hidden tracks, each leading to a church or a monastery with fantastic views.Matka’s mysticism comes also from its hidden springs and the numerous caves that can be found behind them. This Canyon is a home of endemic or rare plant species and butterflies. The beautiful Lake Matka came into being with the construction of a hydroelectric power plant on the Treska River.
Prohor Pcinski bb, Skopje, 1000
This Mosque is built in 1492 by Mustapha Pasha, vizier of Sultan Selim I. The most attractive part of this monument of Ottoman architecture is a high minaret( 42 m) whose enclosure is made in marble ornament. South of the Mosque is a turbe( mausoleum ) of Mustapha pasha and one of his daughter.
Krusevska 1a, Skopje, 1000
Built in 15-th century as a public bath by Daut Pasha, the Grand Vizier of East Rumelia. In early time had been used for the needs of his harem, and later had been used as a public bath. Today the Amam is adapted in the art gallery and houses a modest collection of modern art as well as a few paintings from the 18th and 19th centuries.
Blvd Partizanski Odredi, Skopje, 1000
Modern Orthodox Cathedral building, also known as the Ministry Temple, with Saint Clement of Ohrid as its patron. Built in 1972 by architect Slavko Brezovski and consecrated in 1992, the building consists solely of arches and domes. It has a massive chandelier hanging from the roof, which features a 70 metre-square Jesus Pantocrator painting, with just one eye measuring 1.5 metres. The stall at the entrance sells candles and saint keyrings.
ul. Mito Hadzivasilev Jasmin bb, Skopje, 1000
Old Railway station finished in 1940/41. At that time,the most beautiful railway station on the Balkan. The clock on the front side stopped at 05.17am at the moment when Skopje was destroyed on disastrous earthquake. Today, City Museum of Skopje is located in this building.
Ulica Makedonija bb, Skopje, 1000
The Mother Teresa Memorial House (first opened on 30 January 2009) was built on the popular Macedonia street in the Centar municipality, on the very location of the once Sacred Heart of Jesus Roman Catholic Church, where Mother Teresa was baptized. In the first three weeks, the memorial house was visited by 12,000 people.
Vodno bb, Skopje, 1000
Built on the peak of Mount Vodno as a symbol for the 2000 – th anniversary of the birth of Jesus Christ. The cross is placed on a platform, held by 12 small pillars symbolizing the 12 apostoles. The 4 big concrete pillars symbolize the 4 evangelists. By night, the cross is lit up with 650 light bulbs, which make it visible in a radius of 40 km.
s. Gorno Nerezi bb, Skopje, 1000
Located on the slopes of the Vodno Mountain. Built in 1164 it presents a significant monument of the architecture and painting from the Byzantine period. Cognacs are built in the yard of the monastery and present combination of one large and few smaller buildings surrounded with high walls.
Mavrovo, Zapadna Makedonija, Mavrovo,
One of the most beautiful mountain valleys, Mavrovo, together with the lake and mountain Bistra, is placed in the western part of Macedonia. Mysterious and romantic, sheltered by the high hills of mountain Korab, Mavrovo region was famous during centuries, by the hospitality of its well-known inns in the past, and by its ski center Zare Lazarevski today.
s. Gradsko, Veles,
The ancient city of Stobi, lying in a fertile valley just a few minutes off the central north-south highway that connects Macedonia with Greece, was a vital trade route in its day. This crossroad of ancient civilizations has left a rich legacy of antique theaters, palace ruins, brightly-colored mosaics and religious relics for visitors today to enjoy. The town is first mentioned in 197 BC, but archeologist found older things and buildings, dating from 7th and maybe 6th century BC.
The City of Ohrid with the Ohrid Lake ( 4 million years old )is the pearl of Republic of Macedonia. This city , with its natural resources and with its rich cultural and historical inheritance, its Christian basilics, great number of churches, the imposing Samoil’s fortress, the amphitheater, gallery of icons, characteristic architecture, is town being under protection of UNESCO