- Medieval City Centre
- St. Bavo's Cathedral with Mystic Lamb painting
- Korenlei and Graslei (old Port)
- Belfry and Cloth Hall (Belfort en Lakenhalle)
- Design Museum Gent
- Gravensteen Castle
- Fine Arts Museum (Museum voor Schone Kunsten)
- The Museum of Folklore (Het Huis van Alijn)
- Ghent Town Hall (Stadhuis)
- The Patershol
- Municipal Museum of Contemporary Arts (SMAK)
- Sports & Recreation park Blaarmeersen
- Kinepolis Gent Movie Theatre (kinepolis.be)
- Flemish Opera House
- Ghelamco Football Arena KAA Gent
- Vrijdagsmarkt and Sint-Jacobs
Centro de la ciudad
Nombre de la ciudad: GENT
Indicaciones del centro de la ciudad al hotel: Sudeste
Distancia del hotel: 2.49 MI/ 4 KM
Centro de convenciones más cercano Flanders Expo (www.flexpo.be)
Distancia del hotel: 3.11 MI/ 5 KM North
Tienda de conveniencia 0.5 MI/ 0.8 KM Noreste
Golf: 7.21 MI/ 11.6 KM Noroeste
The architectural finery of the medieval old town surrounds you as you loop the River Leie. Gaze up at everything from stark Art Deco buildings to ornate 14th-century churches, the best city views being from the 12th-century Gravensteen castle.
Take a lazy cruise along the River Leie for a new perspective on what was once one of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the world. The small tour boats leave from a pretty wharf near the impressive Great Butcher's Hall, known as Vleeshuis.
No se vaya a casa sin
Sampling famous Belgian beers. In the 17th century, some 550 breweries were based in Gent. You can still try many of their beers in nearby bars but only one operational brewery remains, Gruut, where you can take a tour and enjoy a tasting session.
The city centre of Gent has the largest pedestrianised shopping area in Belgium with plenty of traffic measures in place. Ask the friendly Front Desk staff at Holiday Inn Express Gent for your most convenient travel options when heading into the city. Tram line 4 and Bus 8 stop at walking distance and offer a very regular connection to the historic city centre.