Rated 4.0 out of 5 by 240
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by stephen6591 2 night stay
good location and easy access to the port of dover
27 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Greener1 1 night pre-Eurotunnel trip
Ideally located for the Eurotunnel.
Harvester across the road adds to the value of the overall trip.
27 August 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Dooby7 Good position - shame about dinner!
Good for touring Kent, handy for Channel Tunnel. Excellent breakfast - but would eat in a local restaurant rather than the hotel restaurant for dinner - this was overpriced and of mediocre quality. Overall though would definitely recommend.
26 August 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by JohnR13 A very poor experience
Holiday Inn Ashford Central
When my wife, friends and I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Ashford on the night of Saturday 9th August 2014, room number 208 and ???, we were less than pleased or satisfied with the level of service provided. We complained to the reception staff at the time but no satisfactory outcome resulted.
We were particularly unhappy about the following shortcomings:-
1. No hot water in the bathroom, neither on the evening of Saturday 9th August nor on the morning of Sunday 10th August. Shaving with cold water is not a pleasant experience!
2. The main gents’ toilets had no lights that worked on the evening of Saturday 9th August. A complaint to both the bar staff and to reception staff generated no changes.
3. The dining room had no atmosphere and the décor lacked imagination and needed attention.
4. The menu was very poor and the food quality left us disgusted, brown peas, salmon described as trout etc
5. Fish served on newspaper that disintegrated and mixed with the food.
6. A steak knife issued to use with pork.
7. Napkins that were thinner than a European Motorway services station.
8. We were unable to escape the large TVs that persisted throughout the Saturday with a football match. A room, or even a part of a room, without a TV would have been considerably more enjoyable experience.
9. Prices for drinks in the bar are in my opinion grossly inflated and considerably more than those of my local pubs or hotels.
10. A discretionary 10% added to our bill that we declined with an explanation
Each of the above shortcomings was reported to the staff on duty at the time, I admit they received some sympathy but there were no positive outcome.
25 August 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by ant23 holiday stay
When we pulled up inthe carpark we were concerned about the possible noise with the Motorway so close but that was not a problem. The accomodation was comfortable and quiet, warm and the bed provided a good night's sleep. In the dinning room both for dinner and for breakfast the staff wee friendly, helpful and quiet both to ourselves, other couples and to the families that were there. The young lady on the reception desk was all a customer service person should be - nothing was a problem. When we return to the UK we will be back. Thank you.
25 August 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DrKiko definitely not the best in the area
I tour with bands. very old hotel. it needs a refurbushing. I book 4 rooms, I didn't have any voucher for points or drinks as platinum member. there are better holiday inn in the area. I doubt I'll return here.
24 August 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Family bound for Disney Ask for a ground floor room.
Breakfast much better than dinner. Ask for a ground floor room if you have suitcases. There is no lift and no offers of help. Taxi service to eurostar arranged by hotel very good.
23 August 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Kiwi Joker Overall experience
Old and tired, felt like HI giving the minimum for the maximum cost they could; maximising profit by minimising cost which made the overall experience poor.
When we wanted to change our booking (to another Holiday Inn) told we couldn't as pre-paid. Nil flexibility.
Compared to smaller hotels we experienced in Southern Europe the experience was cool and unfriendly.
21 August 2014