MAKING YOUR STAY PART OF THE SOLUTION
At Kimpton, heartfelt care doesn’t start and stop with our employees and guests. We’re passionately committed to extending care to our communities and that begins with how we treat our planet. We’ve proudly implemented over 100 practices to make our hotels, restaurants, community, and world a better place. So when you’re staying or dining with us, rest assured we’re doing everything we can to create an environmentally-responsible experience.
- Kimpton was the ﬁrst hotel brand to become 100 percent portfolio-wide certiﬁed by the Green Key Eco-Rating Program and the brand has won multiple awards touting its environmental leadership, such as the Condé Nast World Savers Award and the National Geo Tourism Award, presented by National Geographic and the Travel Industry Association of America.
- All of our hotels are now a part of the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders™ program, making it the ﬁrst major hotel brand to have 100 percent portfolio-wide participation in the program as of April 2015. Developed in partnership with U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR® program, the U.S. Green Building Council, and the United Nations Environment Programme, TripAdvisor GreenLeaders recognizes hotels’ leadership in environmental practices and helps travelers ﬁnd and plan stays with eco-friendly hotels.
- Square 1682 in Philadelphia was both Kimpton’s and Philadelphia’s ﬁrst eatery and bar to achieve LEED certiﬁcation (Gold Level) in 2010 thanks to their comprehensive green efforts.
- Kimpton Aertson Hotel, Kimpton Hotel Wilshire, Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia and Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia are Silver and Gold LEED certiﬁed by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- We use nontoxic cleaning supplies, extensively recycle, and minimize our water consumption.
Kimpton is excited to partner with Clean the World, and we’re pretty sure our guests are going to feel good about this one, too:
HOW CLEAN THE WORLD IS CHANGING THE WORLD:
- Clean the World collects and recycles soap and hygiene products discarded every day by the hospitality industry and other sectors.
- Clean the World improves global health through soap distribution and hygiene education programs worldwide.
- Through the distribution of these and other donated products to impoverished people, Clean the World prevents millions of hygiene-related deaths each year, reduces the morbidity rate for hygiene-related illnesses, and encourages vigorous childhood development.
- Clean the World provides soap to prevent the spread of disease. To date, over 30 million bars of soap have been distributed to 100 countries.