- Peterborough Arena (East of England Showground)
- Ferry Meadows Country Park, Nene Park
- Nene Valley Railway heritage railway & steam train
- Peterborough Greyhound Stadium
- Peterborough Cathedral
- Flag Fen Bronze Age Excavation, Archeology Park
- Burghley House, 16th century Elizabethan house
- Elton Hall and Gardens
- Queensgate Shopping Centre
- Peterborough Museum
- River Nene canoe adventure wildlife experience
- The Exotic Pet Refuge
- Teamworks Karting Peterborough
- Sacrewell Farm and Activity Centre
- Planet Ice, ice skating centre, Bretton
- Thorpe Wood Golf Course
Golf: 2 MI/ 3.22 KM Güney Batı
It's a 12-mile drive from the hotel to Burghley House, a 16th-century mansion. Marvel at the Hell Staircase, which sits under a dark, dramatic frescoed ceiling depicting the Mouth of Hell and characters facing eternal damnation. The house is open from mid March to October, but you can enjoy the surrounding parkland, laid out by Capability Brown in the 1700s and populated by deer, all year round.
Families with children can easily spend a day at Sacrewell Farm and Activity Centre, a 10-minute drive up the A1 from the hotel. Take a bumpy tractor ride through agricultural land, walk the Wildlife Trail and meet some of the Shire horses that appeared in the film production of “War Horse”. In the Animal Village and Discovery Centre, kids can pet farm animals and learn how to milk a dummy cow.
Six miles from the hotel, you can gaze up at the three massive arches on the façade of Peterborough Cathedral. Inside this imposing Norman church, with its impressive stone pillars and hand-painted wooden ceiling, you can visit the tomb of Catherine of Aragon, the first wife of Henry VIII. Don't miss the Lady Chapel, which features delicate fan-like vaults and splendid stained-glass windows.
On a fine day, take a leisurely bike ride along the Green Wheel, a 45-mile cycling route circling the city and connecting to a wider network of cycle paths. Visitors with children in tow might enjoy the segment leading from the city centre to Ferry Meadows Country Park, where you can relax with a spot of birdwatching.