INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR FAQS
- What is InterContinental Ambassador?
InterContinental Ambassador is a loyalty programme that delivers benefits exclusively at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
- How do I get InterContinental Ambassador status?
You can join online or by calling the Ambassador Service Centre at:
US & Canada: 1 888 211 7996
UK: 0871 942 9099
Rest of World: +44 870 400 9099.
You can also join at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts location.
- What are the benefits of InterContinental Ambassador status?
Members will receive the following benefits at InterContinental brand hotels:
- Guaranteed room upgrade: enjoy an immediate upgrade to a superior room* (one category higher than purchased) each time you stay.
- Fresh fruit on arrival and mineral water (water replenished daily)
- Complimentary weekend night certificate**: valid at the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property of your choice
- 4pm late checkout
- One complimentary pay TV film per stay
- Complimentary daily newspaper
- In-room welcome gift
- Instant checkout
* Upgrade to a superior room will be assigned at check in. Superior room is defined as a room one category higher than purchased.
** Valid on the second night of a paid weekend stay on the Ambassador Weekend rate and issued upon purchase and renewal. Weekends may vary by region.
- What is the cost of InterContinental Ambassador membership?
The fee for new members for 12 months of membership is US $200. IHG® Rewards Club members may also purchase membership for 32,000 points. After 12 months, members can renew their membership for an annual fee of US $150.
- How long does it take for my InterContinental Ambassador materials to be delivered and what materials will be included inside my portfolio?
The standard delivery period is within six to eight weeks for all regions. The membership portfolio includes: 5,000 IHG® Rewards Club points voucher code, complimentary weekend night certificate, luggage tag, InterContinental Ambassador membership card.
- After activating my status, how long before I can enjoy the benefits of InterContinental Ambassador?
Upon enrolment, members can start enjoying the benefits immediately.
- Is my guaranteed room upgrade provided upon booking the reservation?
Guaranteed room upgrade is provided upon check in.
- As an InterContinental Ambassador, will I receive the same benefits at all properties within the InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) family of brands?
No, Ambassador benefits apply exclusively at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. However, IHG® Rewards Club member status and benefits apply to the entire IHG family of brands.
COMPLIMENTARY WEEKEND NIGHT CERTIFICATE
- How long is my complimentary weekend night certificate valid?
- The complimentary weekend night certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. The expiry date is printed on the certificate itself.
- How can the complimentary weekend night certificate be used?
This weekend night certificate is valid on the second night of a minimum two-night paid weekend stay on the Ambassador Weekend Rate at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide. To book your complimentary weekend night please visit intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend or contact the Ambassador Service Centre at email@example.com. The original certificate must be presented at time of check in or the hotel may decline the booking.
Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental Ambassador status, and are not transferable. Sale or barter of the certificate will render it void. The certificate is valid for room and tax only.
- How does InterContinental Hotels & Resorts define a weekend night?
- Weekend is determined as Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Do I have to book a specific rate when using the complimentary weekend night certificate?
- Ambassadors need to book the Ambassador Weekend Rate ("AMB Certificate") in order to claim their free weekend night. The certificate is only valid on the second night of a minimum two-night, paid weekend stay and is not valid in conjunction with Reward Night bookings or any other free night offer. The certificate is not valid on any other rates. Advance reservations required. Rooms on the Ambassador Weekend Rate are subject to availability.