INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
INTERCONTINENTAL AMBASSADOR Terms & Conditions
- As an IHG® Rewards Club member, you may also purchase InterContinental® Ambassador status. Purchase of InterContinental® Ambassador status entitles you to higher levels of recognition and to all published benefits of InterContinental® Ambassador status valid only at InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide.
- If you have InterContinental® Ambassador status, you are subject to all IHG® Rewards Club membership Terms and Conditions. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador status may not be transferred, bartered, or sold. Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits apply only to the member’s personal room.
- A member who is not already enrolled in the IHG® Rewards Club programme will automatically be enrolled when purchasing InterContinental Ambassador status. Upon purchase of InterContinental Ambassador status, IHG® Rewards Club members who are Club or Gold Elite members will receive Gold Ambassador status upon enrolment. All InterContinental Ambassador members can earn Platinum Ambassador or Spire Ambassador or be invited to Royal Ambassador status. Gold Ambassador members will receive Gold Elite benefits; Platinum Ambassador members will receive Platinum Elite benefits; and Spire Ambassador and Royal Ambassador members will receive Spire Elite benefits when staying at the following hotels within the IHG family of brands: Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, EVEN® Hotels, HUALUXE®, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites®.
- IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental® Ambassador benefits are not transferable.
- IHG® Rewards Club members with InterContinental® Ambassador status will be invited to renew every year. In order to continue receiving InterContinental® Ambassador benefits, IHG® Rewards Club members must pay an InterContinental® Ambassador renewal fee every year prior to membership expiration.
- The accrual of room nights towards Royal Ambassador status is not applicable in conjunction with airline crew rates or to long-stay residents at their extended-stay hotel, defined as a continuous stay of 90 days or more.
- InterContinental Ambassador benefits are not available to airline crew members for crew stays, guests using the IHG Employee rate, or guests using the IHG Friends & Family rates.
- Complimentary Weekend Night Certificate: Each Certificate is valid for 12 months from the date of issue and is redeemable in conjunction with a minimum two-night paid weekend stay when booking the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" at any InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property (not valid at any other IHG® hotel brands). The Certificate is valid for one complimentary room night on the second night of a paid Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" booking and may only be booked on intercontinental.com/AMBWeekend or by contacting the Ambassador Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Certificate is not valid on any other rates. Advance reservations required. Rooms on the Ambassador Weekend rate "AMB Certificate" are subject to availability. The original Certificate must be presented at time of check-in to the hotel or the hotel may decline the booking. One Certificate may be used per stay. 'Weekend' is determined as follows: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, except in the Middle East where hotels may define the weekend as Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Certificates are valid only for the member who has InterContinental® Ambassador status, and are not transferable. Sale or barter of the Certificate will render it void. The Certificate is valid for room and tax only. Reward Nights do not apply in conjunction with the Certificate. Certificate cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or free night offer.
- InterContinental® Ambassador Benefits: A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned upon check-in to InterContinental Ambassadors. InterContinental Ambassadors will be entitled to a late check-out time of 4:00 pm. Ambassadors receive fresh fruit and water in their room on arrival, with mineral water replenished daily. Ambassadors receive a personalised welcome letter and in-room gift. Ambassadors are entitled to one free Pay-TV film per stay (where a cost is applicable). Ambassadors are charged Single Rate for Double Room Occupancy. When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay-TV film per stay, 24-hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00 am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable). A Rewards Night booking must be booked under the IHG Rewards Club account of the member for him/her to enjoy the benefits.
The Club InterContinental Experience or Club Lounge access will not be given to Ambassadors as this is not a benefit that is included in Ambassador status.
- Royal Ambassador Status: Royal Ambassador status is the highest level of status and entitles Ambassador members to additional benefits at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts. Royal Ambassador status is granted to Ambassador members by invitation and at IHG® Rewards Club sole discretion. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to limit the number of members with Royal Ambassador status. Royal Ambassador members receive Guaranteed room availability for one room occupied by the Royal Ambassador member with 24-hour advance reservation. Reservations must be made before 12:00 midday (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to intended arrival for room availability to be guaranteed. Only in exceptional circumstances where the hotel has been completely reserved by the Government and with explicit IHG® Rewards Club approval, may a reservation be declined. Use of all in-hotel health club facilities (where available) shall be complimentary for Royal Ambassadors. Treatments such as massages, facials, and manicures may incur charges. Beverages are complimentary from the mini-bar in the Royal Ambassador’s personal room only, and for in-room consumption by member only (benefit excludes non-beverage items). Void where prohibited by law. Early check-in (8:00 am) shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members.
For guest stays at InterContinental® hotels and resorts in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean or Europe An upgrade to an Executive room, Club InterContinental room, or a Suite for Royal Ambassador members at check-in is guaranteed. Where a Club InterContinental room is given, Club lounge access must also be given. Club lounge access otherwise is not a benefit. In circumstances where an executive room, Club InterContinental room or a suite is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until the executive room, Club InterContinental room or the Suite is available later on the day of arrival.
For guest stays at InterContinental® hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Middle East and Africa, a room upgrade to a category two tiers higher than the original booking shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members. All Royal Ambassador members will be entitled to the Club InterContinental Experience on top of the two tier room upgrade. In circumstances where the two tier room upgrade is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until their upgraded room becomes available later on the day of arrival.
- The room upgrades for both Ambassadors and Royal Ambassadors excludes the following rooms:o InterContinental Hong Kong: Signature Suites (Terrace Suite, CEO Suite, Presidential Suite).
o InterContinental Park Lane: Signature Suites.
o InterContinental Sydney: Australia Suite, State Suite and Governor Suites.
o InterContinental Sydney Double Bay: Royal Suite, Deluxe Bayview Suites
o InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort: Penthouse, Beach Villa, Rock Villa, 2 bed Rock Villa, Sun Peninsula Residence 2 bed, Sun Peninsula Residence 3 bed and Royal Residence.
o InterContinental San Francisco: Bay Suite, Terrace Suite, Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Athenaeum Athens: Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Adelaide: King Diplomatic Suite and King Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Moscow Tverskaya: Duncan – Premier Suite, Nizhinsky – Presidential Suite and Ulanova – Royal Suite.
o InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam: Presidential Suite (includes Executive Presidential Suite, Executive Presidential Twin room & Executive Presidential Junior Suite), Dom Perignon Suite (includes Executive Dom Perignon Suite & Executive Dom Perignon Junior Suite).
o InterContinental Berlin: All Club Suites & Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Times Square: Penthouse Suite and all Manhattan Suites.
o InterContinental Geneva: Panoramic Suites, Presidential and Diplomatic Residences and The Residence.
o InterContinental Asiana Saigon: The Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental Buckhead: Grand Suite, Royal Suite, Ambassador Suite and Presidential Suite.
o InterContinental The Willard Washington D.C - Thomas Jefferson Suite, George Washington Suite and John Adams Suite
o InterContinental Johannesburg O.R Tambo Airport - Presidential Suites
o InterContinental Los Angeles Century City at Beverley Hills - Royal Suite, Presidential Suite, Elite Honeymoon, Elite Residence, Premier, Premier Suites with Terrace
o InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam - Royal Suite
o InterContinental Wellington - Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Singapore – Presidential Suite, Ambassador Suite, Royal Suite
o InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort - Club Napa Reserve 3 bedroom Residence
o InterContinental Nha Trang – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Bangkok – Royal Suites, Diplomatic Suites, Ambassador Suites, Executive Suites, Premier Suites
o InterContinental Koh Samui – Club Napa Reserve 3 Bedroom Residence
o InterContinental Fiji – Natadola Suite
o InterContinental Sanya Haitang Bay – Family Suite, Premier Ocean View Suite, Grand Ocean View Suite, Presidential Suite, Ocean Front Family Villa, Ocean Front Villa
o InterContinental Estoril – Ocean View Suites
o InterContinental Hanoi Westlake – Presidential Suite, Premium 1,2 and 3 bed Residence
o InterContinental Lijiang Ancient Town Resort – Superior Suite
o Athenaeum InterContinental – Presidential Suite
o InterContinental Melbourne Rialto – Iconic Suites, Signature Suites
o InterContinental Dusseldorf – Presidential Suite, Lifestyle Suite
o InterContinental Madrid – King Dali Club Suite Castellana View, King Bed Miro Club Suite with terrace, King Bed Picasso Club Luxury Suite, Royal Suite
o InterContinental Cairo CityStars – 2 and 3 Bedroom Residence Suite, Penthouse Residence Suite, 2 Bedroom Signature Suite, Royal Suite, Karnak Suite, Luxor Suite
o InterContinental OR Tambo Airport Hotel – Presidential Suites
o InterContinental Vienna: Presidential Suite
- At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts in French Polynesia (InterContinental Le Moana Bora Bora, InterContinental Bora Bora Resort & Thalasso Spa, InterContinental Resort & Spa Moorea, and InterContinental Resort Tahiti) upgrades to the next room category and 4 pm late check-out are not guaranteed for Royal Ambassador and Ambassador members who book through a third-party website or Tour Operator.
- InterContinental Alliance Resorts properties: The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts - All Ambassador benefits apply at The Venetian and The Palazzo Resorts with the exception of the in-room gift. Complimentary water will be provided on the day of arrival however will not be replenished daily. The complimentary daily newspaper also is excluded as this is included in the resort fee. Royal Ambassador Benefits: Please be aware that all Royal Ambassador member benefits apply at these InterContinental Alliance Resorts with the exception of Mini-Bar: Royal Ambassador members will receive a $100 credit from the resort toward the mini-bar per stay.
- IHG® Rewards Club membership and InterContinental® Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits are provided where available, at the sole discretion of IHG, and shall be considered void where prohibited by law.
- SCH reserves the right to restrict, suspend or cancel the InterContinental® Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and discontinue the IHG® Rewards Club membership of any member who acts in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or these Terms and Conditions, in SCH’s sole discretion.
- SCH may amend the InterContinental® Ambassador and Royal Ambassador benefits and these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- For the purpose of these term and conditions, “Club InterContinental Experience” includes: 1. A courtesy call or email made by the Club InterContinental team to the guest prior to their arrival at the hotel.
2. On arrival at the hotel the guest receives a personalised greeting and check-in,
3. The accommodation room assigned is a Club InterContinental Room with welcome amenity, additional room amenities and turndown service.
4. Exclusive access to the Club InterContinental Lounge for 2 guests per occupied room featuring breakfast, complimentary non-alcoholic drinks and snacks throughout the day and evening hors d'oeuvres, canapés and cocktails.
5. On departure the guest receives a personalised farewell and late check-out of 4pm.
Updated 1 Sept 2016