Being Best Comes First
Simply put, Kimpton makes life better on the road. That’s because we believe that human, heartfelt connections are what make life worth living. So we come to work every day eager to lavish them on our guests and each other. It’s nice to have that on your daily “to do” list.
Beginning with our start in San Francisco more than three decades ago, we have a few “firsts” under our belts, too. We’re proud of them, but we also know it’s what we do today that matters most. We don’t dwell in the past, but since you’re here…
- We started it. Blame us. We were the first boutique hotel and restaurant company in the U.S, thanks to our founder, Bill Kimpton, and his first hotel in San Francisco. Bill said, “It’s a boutique hotel,” and people said, “A what?” No one had heard of such a thing -- a place where you could stay that was more like someone’s beautiful, livable and stylish home than a big, impersonal hotel where no one really cares if you come or go. Happily, the idea caught on, and today we have lots more of these top, award-winning boutique hotels all over the country, and equally exciting adjacent restaurants that envelop you with our signature style of heartfelt care.
- We say “cheers” every day by offering a hosted evening wine hour at every hotel. (Another nice thing to have on the “to do” list.)
- We adapt beautifully. We have more experience turning interesting old buildings into great hotels than anyone… possibly in the world. Our historic adaptations often become matters of great civic pride.
- We’ve got the key. All Kimpton hotels are Green Key certified, putting to work more eco-conscious practices across the country than you knew existed. We’ve actually lost count.
- We’ve been named to the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” list many times. This one makes us feel all warm inside.
- Aced it. We’re the only hotel and restaurant company to earn a perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, 10 years running.
- We made all our hotels pet friendly because travel is better with a friend. We never charge fees or get fussy about size.
- We could go on, but we’re sure you have somewhere you want to go.