We believe that heartfelt, human connections make life worth living. So we come to work every day eager to engage with our guests and each other. It’s the first thing on our daily “to do” list. And we want to be more than your home away from home. We want to be the escape from home you never thought you needed – whether you’re on the road for business or pleasure.
Beginning with our start in San Francisco more than three decades ago, we do have a few “firsts” under our belt. But we also know that it’s putting you first, over and over, that really makes us who we are today. And we also believe that anything we’ve accomplished comes from an unscripted passion for serving our guests. So, please think of these milestones as yours, too.
Firsts and Notables:
- We were the first boutique hotel and restaurant company in the U.S, thanks to our founder, Bill Kimpton, and his first hotel in San Francisco.
- The idea behind our first hotel was simple: a place one could stay that felt more like a beautiful, livable and stylish home than a big, impersonal hotel.
- That idea caught on – not only for us, but for the entire hospitality industry. “Boutique” has gone global. And while we’re flattered we have plenty of imitators, we’re also proud to say that there still is really no substitute for the Kimpton Experience.
- Today, we manage dozens of award-winning boutique hotels all over the country, in addition to equally-exciting restaurants with cuisines that have quickly become local institutions thanks to the chefs’ creative approach to using regional ingredients and flavors.
- We say “cheers” every day by offering a hosted evening wine hour at every hotel.
- We adapt beautifully, too. We have more experience turning historic, richly-charactered buildings into unique hotels than anyone. Our historic adaptations often become matters of great civic pride.
- Our focus on modern adaptation extends to our social values as well. All Kimpton hotels are Green Key and IHG Green Engage certified, putting to work more sustainable practices across the country.
- Our deep-seated desire to connect doesn’t stop with our guests. We’ve been named a FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For” many times. And we’re the only hotel and restaurant company to earn a perfect 100% score on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, year-after-year.
- Kimpton has been awarded, “Highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Upscale Hotel Chains” by J.D. Power three times.
- And we believe you shouldn’t have to leave your best friend behind. All our hotels are pet-friendly. We don’t charge fees or get fussy about size.
- There’s a host of other extras, too, some hotel-specific, most available nationwide. We could go on about our perks, our new- and newly-renovated hotels, and the warm reception we’ve received in the local and national press, but the surest way to understand a Kimpton stay is to stay here yourself.