A global consumer survey revealed an overwhelming desire for inclusive and authentic travel content on social media. In response, we founded the first-ever ‘Stay Human’ Creator Collective, a group of six diverse creators from around the world and worked closely with them to inform a new set of commitments to better reflect the diversity of real travelers in our social media content.
1. We pledge to work with creators that reflect the diversity of the wonderful world around us. This pledge will extend to the content on our brand channels and the UGC we share. To do this Kimpton is expanding our existing representation commitments to diversity in race, gender and sexual orientation to include a pledge to feature more creators, guests and models with diversity in ethnicity, religion, language, size, age and disability.
2. We pledge to address current gaps in travel content on social media – beginning with a commitment to present zero digital distortion of individuals and enhancing how we share information that is critical for travelers with disabilities to ensure our social media content is truly accessible to all. To start we will require all of those in the Kimpton Creator Collective to post on social media with alt-text and image descriptions to increase the level of accessibility for disabled audiences.
3. We pledge to create our first-ever Kimpton Creator Collective made up of creators with diverse perspectives who will serve as consultants to the brand advising on brand content and property experiences. We pledge to continuously consult, engage and evolve the Collective.
4. We pledge to be the first brand to throw away the traditional brand-issued “creator content brief.” Rather than dictating what creators should create, we’ll empower and encourage creators to showcase travel their way while also embracing the Kimpton brand rather than limiting them within the confines of strict creative requirements.
5. We pledge that at least 75% of our Kimpton brand-contracted creators will reflect our commitments to increased inclusivity and authenticity of perspectives and experiences (i.e., race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, language, size, gender, age and disability) to better reflect the diversity of real travelers.
We believe travel should make you feel represented, empowered and inspired. Our ‘Stay Human’ Creator Collective is dedicated to helping us change the face of travel content to be more inclusive and inspiring for real travelers. Real stories. Diverse perspectives. Truly unique experiences. Come with us as we show a new side of social travel.