Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 310
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by com123 March 2013 Revitalization
This location was in the process of revitalization, what use to be called getting the new “H” or Green H upgrade. I was excited to see some of the changes I experience in the room. As a Platinum Member I was upgraded to an Executive Suite and found it to be a great experience. The changes I noticed included:
- A very very adequate number of electrical outlets. The lights had outlets on their bases, where there used to be only one outlet in there was now two. Even the bed’s head board had an outlet.
- New digital room temperature controls (thermostats) with motion detectors. I love the digital aspect of the thermostats, but have had some negative and positive experiences with the motion detectors, especially during the summer months. You go to sleep at night, they shut the cooling/heating unit off and you wake up sweating.
- The new black décor in the bathroom was very pleasing. The sliding glass doors on the shower were heavy and provided a positive feel that they would not fall off. The lighted mirrors made me want to go and find one to purchase for my home.
- Was glad to see the ground fault circuit interrupters in place at the sink in the bathroom and the kitchen area of the room. They are the type that will allow you to check them and they provide a visual confirmation of operation.
- No carpets, that’s ok. It makes cleaning easier on the daily maid service. I still wish they would consider a couple of throw rugs.
- For all you iPhone users that Sony clock in the bedroom has a docking station. When docked the clock’s speaker is available for listening to music.
- The room also had a program safe for keeping valuables.
- The only reason the rating for food and beverage was lower was the resturant and kitchen was greatly impacted by the renovations. The breakfast buffett was excellent.
I definitely, never write this much about a hotel stay. So, I must have been very pleased with this stay.
March 19, 2013
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by amy67 Recent Stay
I recently had 2 rooms on March 11th, 2013. I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past and currently have resevations for June 2013.
We have always had a wonderful stay at this hotel that why we are repeat customers. However, on this particular stay, it was noisy through out the late eveing and night with workers and etc.
I had attempted to call the Valet service when I was ready to check out of our rooms and after 15 min of trying, I realized our phone wasnt plugged in, nor did it have a single cord attched to it. to plug in to even use. The sheets on the bed had stains on them when I turned the bed down to get ready to go to bed. I feel in this case, there was a rush to utilize these rooms for revenue
( I spent over 600.00 for one night for the two rooms with valet service which is alot of money, but based on previous stays I knew it would be well spent and I wanted to give my children the River Walk experience)
The Executive Suite was nice, but had the same phone situation.
Nonetheless, my Children enjoyed the River Walk and all that goed with it, I was just disappointed in the room I had as I feel there were things that should have been completed before allowing anyone to reserve it. The renovations are over all very nice and I look forward to seeing the lobby completed when I come back in June.....thank you for your time in letting me vent...have a great day..
March 19, 2013