Rated 4.2 out of 5 by 273
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by NanaBishop comfortable bed
the room was extremely comfortable and very clean.
July 28, 2015
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by bonnie22 Excellent staff.
Top-notch staff and great service. Fantastic hotel due to the superb level of service. Can't wait to stop there again next year.
July 27, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dillybar Late night stop
We had been traveling. It was getting late, and stopped at the hotel to see if there was a room available. There was, so we took the room. The room was clean and nicely set up. It was cold in the room. The thermostat was set at 66 degrees. I adjusted the thermostat, and had a great night sleep.
July 26, 2015
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by CandiAnn Travel Time
We stopped late to obtain a room for the night. Due to the time they only had one room left available but it did have 2 beds. We really needed 2 rooms, but was so tired from traveling that we accepted the room that was available. The staff was very friendly and trying to accommodate travelers that were stopping late trying to obtain rooms. Breakfast the next morning was excellent.
July 26, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by DaveWasDisappointed Bad Experience
I stay at hotels almost every week of the year and mostly Holiday Inn properties and in thirty years and until now I have never written a review unless prompted to first. First let me say that the hotel appearance is very modern and well kept. The problem I had was bugs. I don’t know if they were fleas or just small flies but there were a lot of them in my room. I complained to the front desk about that and a toilet that was leaking and they fixed the toilet but the bugs remained. I would have moved to another hotel but I was sharing a car and this is where the company wanted us to stay. I have to say that a fellow employee who was with me had no issues with these bugs. Though I always prefer Holiday Inn properties I will not stay here again when I visit again in two weeks
July 24, 2015
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Kcw3 Billing issues
I stayed there two nights. The first night using points and the second I paid for. From start to finish that was a hassle. I called the 1800 number to make the reservation to make sure that I could do it. The lady was quite nice and took care of the reservation. I got two confirmations, one for each night.
I arrived and the staff was not as nice and a bit brisk. The reservation had me checking out after one day but he assured me that he would take care of it.
The next morning, we were awakened to the maid service who wanted to clean the room because we were checking out! I went downstairs to take care of the problem. The lady was nice and took care of it and rekeyed my card.
I arrive home to both nights charged on my credit card.
July 21, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Hoosier207 Sales
Overall , not to Holiday Inn Express Standards.
For the price it was not a good value.
July 19, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by urnotforgotten Very bad experience
I'm a Spire Elite member and have only written one negative review of an IHG property in my life, but my family's experience in Huber Heights was so bad that I feel I need to let Holiday Inn and the management know. Here is a short recap of the issues we had when we arrived for a 2-night stay and were paying for 2 rooms:
- I was welcomed as a Spire ELite member, but was told that they couldn't give me an upgrade and was never offered a welcome gift or bonis points, which I thought was standard
- One of the 2 rooms we were assigned smelled terrible (rm# 324),didn't have a microwave, only decaf coffee (which turned out to be okay since the coffee pot was broken). The other room smelled better, but the coffee was also broken and plumbing made terrible sounds.
- The breakfast the first morning was okay, but the coffee was cold. The breakfast on Friday morning was terrible. No milk, no hot food and the juice was out (but the coffee was hot this time). There was only one lady working and they needed at least 2.
- When we checked-in, the lady behind the desk was too busy to tell me about how to get the 10% discount at local restaraunts, but asked me to come back later and she would tell me. When I returned on the way to dinner, I waited for atg least 10 minutes for her to get off the phone and give me the details, but ended-up leaving without the info.
- I waited in line for at least 15 minutes to check-out and complain (so I wouldn't have to online) and finally gave up. There was only one person behind the desk when we checked in, where we also waited for several minutes and only one during the peak check-out time. I overheard many, many guests comlaining abiut their rooms, breakfast and mistakes on their bills.
AND A COUPLE POSITIVE POINTS:
- Upon arrival, I was told that we had one room on first floor and one on the third, so I asked if we could rooms at least on the same floor. That was the only positive HOTEL experience we had in the 2 days we spent there.
- HIGHLY recommend going to "Rooster's" restaraunt across the street. It is casual, cheap and has great food. All you need to do is show them your room card for a 10% discount (which I found out after the fact).
There are several other hotels on the same road and although I don't know if they are any better, I cannot imagine how they could be worse.
July 18, 2015