Rated 4.1 out of 5 by 67
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by timbuk2 Disappointed, No Value, Bad Experience
This is not the place to stay if you are visiting Jasper, IN or the surrounding area. The rates were incredibly expensive. I was charged the full amount of my entire 3 night stay as soon as I checked in. The walls are paper thin. You can hear everything going on in the adjacent rooms and even more so from the hallway. The staff at check-in was dismissive and not interested in resolving any later issues. The room was mediocre. The television had very few watchable channels and were difficult to access. The channel guide was completely wrong. You have to input 7 separate numbers to get a single channel. The quality of the bed, pillows was average. The air conditioning was loud and barely worked. The only positive thing about this hotel was the cleaning and cooking staff. They worked incredibly hard and were very polite. I hope they are being paid well. Save your money and stay at a different hotel, even if it is further away than preferred.
July 23, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by dschank9200 Good Hotel
Everything was great with the exception of the air conditioning, did not work.
July 22, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by mirageu3 Couple of problems
I really enjoyed staying here, but there were a couple of problems:
1) The TV didn't work when I arrived. The next day, I reported it to the front desk and they said they were working on it. That afternoon/evening when I returned, it still wasn't working so I called the front desk and they sent a maintenance guy to reset the cable. It worked fine after that. Thank you!
2) The toilet in my room would randomly flush on its own. When the maintenance guy arrived to fix the TV, I mentioned this to him and he said it was due to a loose pipe behind the toilet. He tightened it up and said the problem should be fixed, but it wasn't. It wasn't a huge deal, but I did close the bathroom door at night so that the random flushing wouldn't wake me.
3) One day, when I returned around 4:00 p.m., the housekeeping staff were down the hallway on the second floor cleaning rooms (like WAY down the hallway). My door was standing wide open as well as the door next to mine. No one was anywhere near the rooms. No one was watching. No one asked me who I was to verify it was me before entering the room. It was completely unsecured! This made me feel really uncomfortable! I decided from then on to leave my "do not disturb" tag on the door each day so that housekeeping wouldn't come. Anyone could have walked in, taken all my stuff (computer included) and left without being seen or questioned! Crazy!
July 16, 2014
Rated 3.0 out of 5.0 by rgw2000 Nice overall but space may be a problem
Overall experience was good:
- Double Queen bed rooms are very clean, good looking and nicely sized for 4 or less people. Bathrooms are also sufficient size and quality.
- Front desk service is great and room service did a great job cleaning up.
- Pool is nice - though not heated - and a large hot tub is also available. Hot tub temperature seemed a bit too hot with no ability to control it..
A few complaints:
- Internet reservation site needs more pictures or layouts of how rooms are arranged. The room we stayed in (2 queen bed guest room) was advertised as being able to accomodate 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 11 - 13). However the room has only 2 queen beds which will not fit that number of people. In theory we could have asked for a roll-away bed but I don't think there is sufficient open space remaining to fit one and still be able to move around in the room. The few pictures of the room were insufficient to judge how much space was available near the bathroom. Would not have ordered this room had we known how little space there really was.
- Only one heavily overworked person was available to prepare breakfast food, stock the empty food items,clean up and deal with problems. This one person, despite her best efforts, was simply not able to keep up with all the work needed to keep sufficient food available once the breakfast are was full or near full. Food was good and there was a good variety - when it was available.
July 14, 2014
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Cindy02 Need New Help
I reserved and paid for my room back April 2014 we arrived June 28th after a long day at 12 midnight with 2 kids. After arriving I was checked in and given a key so we went to the room opened the door and a lady meet me at the door. They had allready assigned that room to someone that had been there 3 days prior to our arrival. So i went back downstairs and so did the husband of the room we walked in on. The clerk says we have no rooms I can call the ""MOTEL" down the street for you. Umm no I allready paid and have 2 kids that are tired. She then says well we have no rooms. Finally she called her boss and there was a room that had wet floors from the toilet over flowing we was placed there for the night. Not my idea of vacationing 6 hours from home. The next day they did put us a suite and did lower the price. They did give us the first night free but I dont think I should have paid for any of it. We had to leave our things on cart so they wouldnt get wet walk in our shoes it was just horriable. I would never recommend this place to anyone. There was a baseball team there that had the same the problems we did.
July 14, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Georgeman Hard Worker
I just want to praise the hotel manager on duty during my check-in and into the evening. I believe her name was Kelsey. She was extremely friendly and helpful at check-in; she assisted me in contacting a local eating establishment for carry-out; she was the only one on duty when all the golfers arrived later in the evening for check-in, but still managed to make fresh cookies for my son. She's the type of employee that I would truly love to have working for me.
July 11, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Jo68 comfortable beds and free breakfast
Clean rooms, Jacuzzi didn't work, slept in a room next to elevator and it was too noisy. Did like the complimentary free breakfast.
July 10, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Holiday World guest Clean hotel and very kind staff
The front desk staff was very, very nice and helpful. The rooms and facility are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was great with a good variety for my picky family. We had a relaxing evening after a long day at Holiday World.
July 3, 2014