Rated 4.5 out of 5 by 230
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by 小黄同学 完美的旅行
October 17, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by leonshia 非常有特色的酒店
October 16, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by hughhhh 位置优越，景色无敌
October 15, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Mrzhang2012 地理位置不错，整体体验不错
October 11, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Edmund K Resurrected History Through Taste of Fusion Art
Heard much about this hotel which stands on the old site of Foo Sing Hotel that I must taste a revival of nostalgia, even for one night whilst on business.
1) Arty hotel with fusion of Chinese and western abstract art (but not a complete revival of the Foo Sing days atmosphere)
2) Located along harbourside of Lujiang Road where one can find nice tea shops
3) Boutique hotel for those wanting a change of flavour
4) Comfortable bed, spacious room and washroom, nice view of Gulangyu if you pay
5) Breakfast at 4th floor Quay Café was cozy with balanced spread. One can get Xiamen satay noodles which you do not get elsewhere in China
6) A particular cheerful and helpful waiter at the 4th floor Quay Café
7) Attentive housekeeper
8) Neither a business nor traditional hotel, which tickles one's curiosity to try to stay at least an night
9# Harbourside jogging tips #track card in wardrobe# and bicycles at entrance caters to the fitness buff
10# Well-equipped washroom and bedroom amenities
11) Electronic toilet system #be careful which button you press !)
12) Walking distance to nearby restaurants, Starbucks, Subway and Breaktalk shops
1) Limited English or afraid to use by some of the staff; thus they look unhelpful or rude which may not be the actual case. It is important to draw in and gain more experience in catering to western/international guests or it may end up like one of many "Chinese-style" hotels.
2) This is an IHG hotel but did not have the same offerings for Platinum Ambassador member such as international newspapers. welcome drinks and fruits or room upgrade; need to fix the inconsistencies. The front counter staff did not even know how to use the standard IHG greeting #need more customer service training !)
3) Thin walls - I could hear next door's chatter
4) Some idiot smoked and the odour passed through the common air-con system; the hotel management and staff must remind guests and the guests should be conscientious
5) Weak wifi
6) Away from the main guests areas, the corridor to the carpark is very run down. This is common throughout China. What is not visible is given less priority and shove away.
7) It will be excellent if the ground floor vacant shops can host a convenience store or gelato shop especially for the hot summer.
8) No Xiamen city map at the concierge. You get a couple of entrance security officers and taxi drivers milling around the front. Image is important to sync the impression of an arty hotel !
9) When I arrived, I smelled an overpowering marble floor polish. This throws me off the arty feel and experience.
Overall, the pros out-weighs the cons and you pay a little more for a taste of this 4-star arty hotel to enjoy the novelty. I am not sure if there will be repeat guests if the customer service part or limited use of English is not fixed. Still, I recommend travellers to give this hotel at least a one try.
September 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Charlie541 床铺舒适
September 24, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Cathryn51 good experience with a little upset feeling
In general, the hotel and service are good, room clean, environment comfortable and transportation convenient. But I have to complain...
Sorry, but I was wondering why the receptionsit can neglect that I'm a member of IHG platinum elite just because I would enjoy reward nignts there... No room upgrade or welcome gift or free breakfast.... I went to Hong Kong thereafter, and I had all benenits in Crowne Plaza , also having my reward nights.
Are these two hotels belong to the same Group? Why they have different attitudes ??? It doesn't make any sense....
Hope I can get a resonable explanation
September 24, 2014
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Soulent 床铺舒适，服务一流
September 18, 2014