As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting your wellbeing throughout your stay. We have expanded our commitment to cleanliness by:
Enhancing the IHG Way of Clean
Partnering with industry leading experts
Launching a global IHG Clean Promise
These strengthened procedures are designed to give you greater confidence and hotel
teams the protection needed.
From IHG Way of Clean to IHG Clean Promise
We have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean programme in 2018 – developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This programme is now being expanded as “IHG Clean Promise” with additional COVID-19 protocols and advanced practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of regional and global health authorities, including the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Clean Promise, includes a deep cleaning and disinfection process and guests can expect to see evolved procedures throughout the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, sanitizer stations, sanitized keycards
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces especially our fitness center and an increased availability of hand sanitizer stations throughout the hotel
- Guest Room: Visible verification of sanitized items, reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. IHG is working closely with medical experts to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and incorporating appropriate measures to enhance guest confidence and trust in our cleanliness, hygiene and safety practices in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training
- Sanitizer stations at high-touch points throughout hotels
IHG Clean Promise
With updated IHG Way of Clean measures in place, we launched
the IHG Clean Promise and from 1 June 2020, guests are reassured
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness. That means clean, well maintained, clutter free rooms. If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.
Global Cleanliness Board & Clean Champions
Leading this work is our Global Cleanliness Board – a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience colleagues working with external specialists to define solutions, advanced practice and implement processes.
Our hotel teams have appointed Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean instilled in IHG hotels around the world. These champions will focus on guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.